• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alcatraz |OT| The Island is Over There

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm not really holding it against this show as it's in nearly every show that features extensive use of computers, but aside from the magical enhance button, does every show need software that has such unnecessary and distracting sounds?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
haha right in the hand

WillyFive

I'm not really holding it against this show as it's in nearly every show that features extensive use of computers, but aside from the magical enhance button, does every show need software that has such unnecessary and distracting sounds?

You want it to look high tech, and that is the way to best telecommute that to the audience. In the same way that the intro is said out-loud instead of written, and it avoids to confuse audiences with things not shown in full frame in the shot.

You want to repeat the wonder and addiction of Lost, but not the confusion of not everyone understanding what a certain scene meant.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WHAT THE SHITTTTTTTTT

Okay im hooked

lost.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Have a feeling one of those 2 were also people that reappeared. How would Sam Neil know that they'd come back, if someone hadn't already.

DarthWoo

Wait, I'm guessing everyone was shocked at
the doctor lady at the end
but I couldn't quite hear what she said or I must have missed something. What did I miss?

ag-my001

but I couldn't quite hear what she said or I must have missed something. What did I miss?

Just said her name and that she was there to help. If this show goes too far towards prisoner of the week I doubt I'll stick with it, but since it seems like many of the prisoners may be recurring, that could add some depth. We'll see.

Kind of an off the wall idea, but
could she have went back there from the present
? Maybe Emerson knows this about her and just hasn't revealed it.

mr. puppy

Banned
So does Fox basically run a scifi detective show into the ground for 5 years and then just make it over again? This show is Fringe x 1000 + some 4400 involved.

DarthWoo

Just said her name and that she was there to help. If this show goes too far towards prisoner of the week I doubt I'll stick with it, but since it seems like many of the prisoners may be recurring, that could add some depth. We'll see.

I wonder how much each of the PotW's actors are getting paid. I imagine they'll have to kill off at least a few every now and then or they'll end up having to keep around a huge amount of supporting characters for the underground prison scenes.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I liked what I saw but I hope it gets somewhat better. I think the characters are just okay so far but they still have time to grow on me. The potential is there.

Yea, seems like the show still needs time to grow into itself, but it's a promising start.

ag-my001

I wonder how much each of the PotW's actors are getting paid. I imagine they'll have to kill off at least a few every now and then or they'll end up having to keep around a huge amount of supporting characters for the underground prison scenes.

Record ten different shots of them in their cells as the guards walk a generic prisoner past them. Body doubles for when the new prisoners look in at them. Wide angle shots or composites when showing lots of cells. It's way early to tell, but my guess is about four or five prisoners will have recurring roles throughout the entire season. Others will have maybe one stint outside of their main episode.

Yea, seems like the show still needs time to grow into itself, but it's a promising start.

Basically there are no Jack Shepards or John Lockes yet. The blonde girl has a long way to go before I could consider her to be a strong enough leading character.

But-- not bad, and it was just the premiere.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Hopefully the show is building to some sort of reveal like Sam Neill's crew aren't really good guys. I like how he's not exactly working with blondey&Hurley.

Not by it's first few episodes....or for the vast majority of the first season....

Fringe was pretty boring in it's premiere.

Understandable. I will give this show more time to grow a story before I make such accusations. I am one of the few that enjoyed the first season of Fringe.

Kosmo

Banned
I like the premise of the show, but hate the lead blonde chick - she's neither a strong enough characters or good enough actor to carry the show. I'm hooked in to see where it goes this season, but I can only hope this season ends with her grandfather killing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom