• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alcatraz |OT| The Island is Over There

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I knew they were an item.

Edit: Now if they had just had her study the prisoners' photos beforehand, that whole chase would have never had to happen -_-

So far that's my biggest beef with this show, stupid things happen simply to make the show more difficult or dramatic.

For example, and I'll spoiler tag this in case readers didn't see last night's ep yet:

When Hauser saw the bomber on the beach, right after telling Hurley and blondie to stay at the cemetary, ALL HE HAD TO DO was call her back and tell her that he had the bomber, and to get their asses down there prompto. If he had done that, and sat and watched and waited for backup, then they could have gotten him there and then and no dramatic bomb drama and the black guy would be alive. The show's cast has serious lack of communication or teamwork that too often seems forced just to create stuff to fill out the hour. It just reeks of cheesy writing for the sake of making things harder than they have to be to me. Like artificially created hardships, and it's pulling me out of the show due to how freaking often they happen.

I'm still watching, but this show bothers me. I still think Hurley's character is one of the best and most interesting parts of the show. And that's not a good sign given the premise...

TheOddOne

This show is dumb, but I just love it. This weeks episode was good, but you can tell that they stretched out the episode for the sake of tension.

Was suprised that
they killed off the bomb disposal guy
, but atleast we get the hot coroner :lol

Damn a 1.9. Looks like Fox has another Chicago Code on its hands. I guess Mondays next fall will most likely be Touch and a new show, or maybe Touch/Bones.

I'm having a hard time keeping interest in this show. Yesterday's episode was okay, but I feel like it's just not picking up as much as I'd like it to. I'll continue to ride the rest of the season out in hopes it gets much better though.

6 episodes in and we still basically know nothing about any of these characters. That's horrible. They need to give more background on these characters, because right now it's hard to connect with them.

6 episodes in and we still basically know nothing about any of these characters. That's horrible. They need to give more background on these characters, because right now it's hard to connect with them.

Hauser is the mysterious one yet I'd say we know the most about him.

It seems like Rebecca is constantly holding back a smile or laugh. It's burgeoning on distracting.

Just caught up with the guard episode. Jim Parrack was really good in that one, I thought. And fuckin' Tommy. He does the same thing where he's trying to hold back a smile. Family trait, I guess.

If they put prisoners in Neo-Alcatraz, where do the guards go?

oatmeal

Banned
Really enjoying it.

It's the only show on TV right now that I watch the night of...and Survivor.

Abrams isn't actually working on the show, right? I'm listening to the Alcatraz podcast on DV Empire or whatever and they keep saying how JJ is so clever with his shit and he's a magician and I'm just like...it's Sarnoff's show you fucking idiots.

Right?

Really enjoying it.

It's the only show on TV right now that I watch the night of...and Survivor.

Abrams isn't actually working on the show, right? I'm listening to the Alcatraz podcast on DV Empire or whatever and they keep saying how JJ is so clever with his shit and he's a magician and I'm just like...it's Sarnoff's show you fucking idiots.

Right?

You are correct.

JJ really has no say in the content of this one - his involvement is pretty much nil. With Lost, Fringe, and Undercovers he had a small, but ever decreasing, say with what appears on screen as both a director and writer, but with this he is just a exec-producer. His name just help get the show on TV. At best, he probably told them to "add more mystery, that worked for me before."

oatmeal

Banned
You are correct.

JJ really has no say in the content of this one - his involvement is pretty much nil. With Lost, Fringe, and Undercovers he had a small, but ever decreasing, say with what appears on screen as both a director and writer, but with this he is just a exec-producer. His name just help get the show on TV. At best, he probably told them to "add more mystery, that worked for me before."

That's what I thought.

Email sent.

Kosmo

Banned
It seems like Rebecca is constantly holding back a smile or laugh. It's burgeoning on distracting.

Just caught up with the guard episode. Jim Parrack was really good in that one, I thought. And fuckin' Tommy. He does the same thing where he's trying to hold back a smile. Family trait, I guess.

If they put prisoners in Neo-Alcatraz, where do the guards go?

This.

I had this argument with my wife last night about why I dislike her character. When she finds out her grandfather was a prisoner, not a guard, she's like "He wasn't a guard..he was a prisoner!" and kind of smiles. It's a completely unnatural reaction when you would probably be disgusted at finding that out.

One thing I can't stand about this show:

Soto finds out what kind of crime a suspected alcatraz inmate is doing and then goes "holy shit or oh no, it's <insert villain name>!"

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Ok....
suspect just got electrocuted from touching an electrified rail, so let's touch him!

KorrZ

One thing I can't stand about this show:

Soto finds out what kind of crime a suspected alcatraz inmate is doing and then goes "holy shit or oh no, it's <insert villain name>!"

It is pretty funny. No other snipers in the world or anything, it must be the Alcatraz guy unquestionably!

oatmeal

Banned
Okay episode. I wish we spent more time with Sylvane.

He is a character they should have used from the beginning (like the pilot made it seem it would until he started killing people) to help our main cast get to the bottom of things. They painted him as unlucky to be in Alcatraz, and you think he's our main guy...and then he just slaughters innocent cops.

Feh.

Anyway, I liked hearing more from him this episode. It would be great if they used him to get more insight from Alcatraz, and slowly they'd learn what happened while he remembers. Something like that.

Still enjoying it. Wish it was doing more than just procedural, though.

It's totally going to get cancelled with these ratings.

Just saw the latest episode "your refresh rate must be 0, are you on a pentagon mainframe or something?" lol. The killer of the week was pretty good this week, but the main actress is horrible. If this show gets a 2nd season they either need to write her out or hire a new actress to replace her. How in the world did she get casted?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Best part of the episode for me was when Soto was playing Starcraft II and making fun of his opponents 4-gate rush, lamenting at how pathetic it was. That, and seeing Jack again. They have really under used his character and what he could bring to the show. Other than that, I could have missed it and been okay.

The show isn't picking up in interest yet. I don't watch House regularly but so far the best thing about Alcatraz (for me) is watching part of House before it comes on. That's not good.

Caught the sixth episode last night, and it's good to see the Blonde isn't half-smiling at everything. Really good episode.

Hauser continues to be the best part of this show, past and present.

Kosmo

Banned
The problem with this show is that the mystery of why the prisoners are coming back is irrelevant - there is no logical explanation, so why bother. What they should be doing, which I guess they are a bit with Dr. Sangupta (?) is sending people back and forth in time - similar to the plugging into the Matrix. It could be awesome.

Zzoram

We know that Hurley has 25 APM and can hold a 4gate.

atomsk

Party Pooper
tv guide says 2 hours tonight?

and here I was hoping I could actually watch it before WWE, instead of the next day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom