• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALERT: 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro is available on Nintendo's NA Online Store

Eusis

I got RE:R, but I like that with RE4 controls.

Still, I'd like to have this as an option in the future, too bad about their shipping though. Hopefully GameStop gets it.

Pastry

Banned
I just got MH3 and I love the game but trying to use the camera underwater is terrible. What games other than MH use this?

NeOak

Posted in the MH3U OT. Thanks for the info OP.

But what does it do? Does it act as a back-up/charging battery so you charge it, then when the 3DS is low then you bring the charged cradle and charge it on there as a back-up battery?

No, its something for convenience. When you come back, you just put the 3DS in the craddle and leave it there charging. No need to get the AC adapter, etc.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dang, just got one for MH3 from Amazon.

For those curious I REALLY like it. Even for games that don't use it, the extra bulk makes the comfort level of playing the 3DS much better. I often had issues with my fingers cramping on the underside of the XL as I played keeping it held up. Not at all an issue with this thing attached.

In MH3 I find the target lock still most helpful than the right stick use, but for underwater combat it is a big boon for swimming.

Only issue is that games that don't fully support it(Luigi for instance) won't remap the trigger buttons, so you need to uncradle it to play them(back to cramping).

dallow_bg

nods at old men
But what does it do? Does it act as a back-up/charging battery so you charge it, then when the 3DS is low then you bring the charged cradle and charge it on there as a back-up battery?

Wat?

No, you plug the charger into the wall, then plug other end into the dock.
There's no battery or anything in the dock.

Posted in the MH3U OT. Thanks for the info OP.

No, its something for convenience. When you come back, you just put the 3DS in the craddle and leave it there charging. No need to get the AC adapter, etc.

OOOOOOH I see!

Still, kinda an odd thing to have that really only requires you to plug it in anyway, but hey, if people find it useful. :)

Karish

I was JUST looking at grips for the 3DSXL. Is this a viable option for a grip? I don't know how much I care about the second stick, though I'm sure it doesn't hurt...

If not... any grip suggestions to make it more comfortable to hold?

gar3

Thought it'd be ages until this showed up in the US so a couple of months ago I bought a Japanese one via eBay for $32, heh.

Mr E.

I was JUST looking at grips for the 3DSXL. Is this a viable option for a grip? I don't know how much I care about the second stick, though I'm sure it doesn't hurt...

If not... any grip suggestions to make it more comfortable to hold?
Have you held the Wii U pad? It's similar to that and that's a beauty to hold. Bulky but great form factor.

boyshine

Why even use that? Never understood its use.

Easier to keep the 3DS charged as you don't have to look for the power cord that's somewhere on the floor, behind the sofa.. you just dock it whenever you're done playing. I almost never run out of battery because of it. It's also a lot tidier, as you can hide the power cord. Wouldn't be without it.

Mr E.

Oh wow, it's that nice? Has it been up on the site for awhile or something and that's how you have it already?
I'm in UK mate. It was on Amazons store on MH3U release date. Had both delivered on that glorious day.

Honestly it feels great. Triggers are better too.

Edit to mention two negatives I've found.
Stylus needs to be in or out, can't swap without unclipping the device. Also the same applies to the Wi FI slider.
It's seconds to unclip though and I'm used to it.

Thanks for the heads up! Just put a purchase order through and I don't even have an XL yet. Figure it may be tough to find these down the road though, and I can't imagine playing Monster Hunter without it.

Nice to just put the 3DS there without messing with cords or anything. Though getting both from there could take the sting off of shipping.

I'm just annoyed at the price discrepancy.

3DS Charging Dock: 4 bucks.
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...&categoryId=&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

3DS XL Charging Dock: 19 bucks.
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...&categoryId=&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

And I don't think the extra cost is an included AC adapter...

Is the NOA shop becoming the stealth release place for many Nintendo things. Next it'll be eShop downloads...

I'm just annoyed at the price discrepancy.

3DS Charging Dock: 4 bucks.

3DS XL Charging Dock: 19 bucks.
I would expect the XL charging dock to cost more from economies of scale. I mean every 3DS comes with a normal charging cradle while for the XL it is an optional extra.

Still factor of 4+ is a bit much for what is molded plastic with some metal pass an electric current.

TheGrue

fuckin seriously!? I JUST bought it from Play Asia...and also got dinged extra for the shitty clearing their company did

I just bought from Amazon a week or so ago and basically paid $40. I wish they would have made some announcements that they were going to do it.

Eusis

RPGamer92

Banned
How much does the CPP improve Kid Icarus? I'm a lefty and haven't been able to get into it on my XL due to a lack of CPP before. Is it worth it for KI and RER?

How much does the CPP improve Kid Icarus? I'm a lefty and haven't been able to get into it on my XL due to a lack of CPP before. Is it worth it for KI and RER?

If you have the CPP and are a lefty, the (righty) controls are mapped to the CPP, thus they're mirrored.

I tried it once and found it pretty cool as I played one level with it that way (I'm right-handed).

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Ordered.

We shall see what this really adds, but I've always wanted one. Helps that I have most of the games I'd use it with anyways.

Top Bottom