• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alex Hutchinson on Farcry 4: Guy on box is not white, not the playable character

sjay1994

image.jpg

https://twitter.com/BangBangClick/status/468555813963845632

Call me racist and gay if old

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Shocking, I knew this will be the antagonist as soon as i saw him.

red731

That purple guy sitting on the stone chair?
Who even thought that, looks like a main bad guy.

Or that dude holding unpinned nade?

andreyblade

Neo Member
honestly I reallllly don't understand the racism controversy. He's the villain, nobody cried out when Vaas was sticking Jason's head in the sand in Far Cry 3.

Also, I blame current video game box arts that show the protagonist on the cover for leading people to believe that this guy's the hero.

Patryn

I thought it was obvious the guy in purple was the antagonist?

I did think the Asian guy kneeling was the player character, though.

Hmm.. I wonder if he will be a representation of an open world game player.
He's wearing wacky cloths, he's a self proclaimed king, and he looks full of himself.
inbf meta villain

dude819

I love all the quotes basically saying "we have no context.... but there's context so let's complain!"

Every needs to stop being so whiny and overly sensitive. We know nothing about the game.

If the final product offends you, fine. But, right now, we know nothing so just stop it.

Into

Who the hell believed this was the playable character?

The blond guy carries all the archetypes of a classic 80s villain, flamboyant, rich and cocky. Far Cry has always been inspired by 80s jungle flicks like Rambo. Its all about overcoming that excess and materialistic wealth of the rich man. Which is a running theme throughout the 1980s

Laconic

Banned
Who the hell believed this was the playable character?

The blond guy carries all the archetypes of a classic 80s villain, flamboyant, rich and cocky. Far Cry has always been inspired by 80s jungle flicks like Rambo. Its all about overcoming that excess and materialistic wealth of the rich man. Which is a running theme throughout the 1980s

I for one am ecstatic that game companies are finally representing badguy-ness with non-whites. Fight the stereotypes.

Top Bottom