• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALIEN: ISOLATION coming to the Switch on 5 December!

brian0057

Banned
UPDATE:
The game launches on December 5th.

Thanks to IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo for the tip.

Original post:

Above all else, this is the one announcement that has me hyped as all hell.
Alien: Isolation is one of my favorite games of all time and to see it get some love on a new platform makes my cold, dead heart skip a beat with glee.
Play this game! One of the few horror games, alongside the remake of RE2, released in the last decade that's actually worth a damn.

293041-alien-isolation-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg

Teaser trailer:

E3 2019 Announcement:

EDIT: Gameplay footage. Still launches in 2019. I don't know why they don't give us a release date with only two months left but Ok.
Thanks to Jooxed Jooxed for the link.

Last edited:
Nah man this will be a good port believe.

I'm not saying the port will be shit, more so that it's yet ANOTHER port of a game available for years now on multiple other platforms. I'm saying isn't s bit of a downer to have so little original software?

HeresJohnny

This is probably the best game of this generation... still. I’m totally down for buying the Switch version assuming it isn’t digital only

Reactions: RSB

Meesh

Sgt. Apone: Alright sweet hearts you heard the man and you know the drill! Assholes and elbows! Hudson come here! Come here! (Wrong quote but I salute Apone and I'll buy this bitch)
Yeeeeeewww betcha!!!

SonGoku

I'm not saying the port will be shit, more so that it's yet ANOTHER port of a game available for years now on multiple other platforms. I'm saying isn't s bit of a downer to have so little original software?
Its about the magic of playing it on a handheld on your bed and on the pooper.

Last edited:
I hate it when people take their phones into the bathroom. Ew. ;_;
Why? It's not like people use their phones to wipe their butts. And let's not forget that when you flush it causes airborne faecal matter to fly everywhere, meaning it will likely end up on your phone anyway.

Sitting on the toilet is also the ideal place to play this as there may be an accidental voiding of the bowels.

Mozza

I mean, this was a great game and everything....but aren't switch owners getting sick of all the gimped versions of games released years ago as opposed to some original switch software?

No as most Switch owners want first party titles from Nintendo,and the masses are pretty happy with indie titles,anything else is gravy as far as I am concerned.

Doczu

I don't understand why people have such problems with (late) ports on the Switch. It's not the first console to get them. Ports aimed to handhelds happened since the original Game Boy - even Sony had them on the PSP and Vita. It's normal.

That said, Isolation is a fantastic game and it releasing on the Switch is something to be happy about. More people will play it, and those thst already did may want to double dip to play it on the go.

Skyfox

I have this on my PS4 Pro (best console version), one X (through gamepass) and PS3 (screw the haters it runs well on PS3).

I canNOT WAIT for this and I’m stoked it’s out this year!!!

For those who don’t know, there’s an alien isolation game on mobile too. It’s different but interesting.

DougQuaid

Neo Member
Please excuse the necrobump, but has there been anymore info on the release date for this? Saw the Ghostbusters Remaster thread and it got me thinking about 80's movie to game remasters.

brian0057

Banned

kingbean

If they don't find better AA for the game its gonna be a jaggy mess. Even at 4k that game had shimmering on PC.

Top Bottom