• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation details surface on Xbox Games Store

FoneBone

Posted elsewhere, but probably deserves its own thread. This will likely be taken down soon, but after last month's leaks of art and screenshots, I'm expecting an official announcement any day now.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Alien-Isolation/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025345085e

Apparently this image is on the servers.
zIqA6sK.jpg

Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen years after the events of Alien™, Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth behind her mother's disappearance. As Amanda, you will navigate through an increasingly volatile world as you find yourself confronted on all sides by a panicked, desperate population and an unpredictable, ruthless Alien. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE: 1/7/2014
DEVELOPER: Creative Assembly
PUBLISHER: Sega of Europe
GENRE: Action & Adventure, Shooter
FEATURES

Offline players 1
Offline co-op 1
Dolby Digital
ONLINE FEATURES

Online multiplayer 1 - 4
Online co-op 1 - 4
Content downloads
Leaderboards

From the GI thread - confirmed cross-gen as rumored.

The description interests me, but I'm worried this will be just another shooter.

They nailed the atmosphere though, so fingers crossed.

About right for a GI cover.

Maybe...Shin

Though I would argue that this doesn't fit on a game informer cover if they're trying to break in new IP for this year and next year. Also, look at say...the Online Features, this is going to be a next generation game? It seems more like a downloadable title more than anything else, nothing substantial. Of course I could be wrong.

edit, also look at its release date. You can almost bet this is going to be downloadable and not the cover of GI.

NeoGash

Is this next-gen only? Hopefully this is the game I have been waiting for, I would love to play it on next-gen hardware at 1080p. Looking forward to the PS4 release, but I wonder if the Wii U will get shafted again like with Colonial Marines.

Maybe...Shin

Though I would argue that this doesn't fit on a game informer cover if they're trying to break in new IP for this year and next year. Also, look at say...the Online Features, this is going to be a next generation game? It seems more like a downloadable title more than anything else, nothing substantial. Of course I could be wrong.

edit, also look at its release date. You can almost bet this is going to be downloadable and not the cover of GI.
The release date isn't the game's release date lol, it's not releasing tomorrow, that seems like some sort of embargo or just a typo. I'm not sure how the online features give off the vibe that it's just a downloadable game...

There have been plenty of GI covers to break in new IP. Just 2 months ago we had Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

styl3s

A part of me wants this to be the GI reveal so we can get information on this but the other part of me is telling me that it's impossible to make a good Alien game that putting a dev team who has been making strategy games for the last 14+ years maybe sort of isn't the best choice?

Don't get me wrong i love the franchise and creative assembly made some of my favorite franchises but them doing a survival horror? I don't know about that.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh shit, survival horror in the Alien universe, is epic. Goddamn ONE Xeno too. Yes. Like the original Ridley Scott masterpiece. This might be one amazing title.

The release date isn't the game's release date lol, it's not releasing tomorrow, that seems like some sort of embargo or just a typo. I'm not sure how the online features give off the vibe that it's just a downloadable game...

There have been plenty of GI covers to break in new IP. Just 2 months ago we had Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor.
Fair point...though I was thinking a next generation Aliens game would be a lot more robust?

A co-op game in a moody, Riddick-esque facility with crazed denizens and an insta-kill Xenomorph? Sounds sexy.

"Let's split up, we'll cover more ground that way!"

"What happened to Steve?"

Reading through the Alien vault is not a good way to stay rational when it comes to new 'Alien' products. I know I shouldn't get my hopes but there is a great Alien game waiting out there.

Maybe it already exists. I still haven't opened the DS game yet.

May not be the Game Informer cover, or Kotaku had the rumor wrong. They said it was going to be both current and next-gen:

Kotaku said:
The game is called Alien: Isolation, and we hear it will be on both current- and next-gen consoles next year.

And, not that it needs to be said seeing as it's an Aliens game, but keep hype levels in check.

Kotaku said:
There's only one alien for "most" of the game, our source said; you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."

Original link for those who missed it.

Let's wait and see what it's all about first. Hard to tell the details from where we stand now.

Certainly looks pretty :)

bV5Eq9z.jpg

WteIP2O.jpg

PfiUxyi.jpg

X0FCvEw.jpg
Indeed it does, if it's a down to earth survival horror alien game that's not a botched demo I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. Look at those shiny shiny polygons :3

Jim Sterling saying there's one Alien, but the main enemies are soldiers and androids still has me worried.
It's like they almost listen to what fans want, but then do some crazy stuff to mess it up.

Top Bottom