• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation - PS3 screenshots

This is what it looks like on PS3 for those interested in a last gen version. More here: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/09/28/first-alien-isolation-screenshots-ps3/ via Videogamer

4V2Fwfi.jpg

IqJmoOf.jpg

p1LOZE1.png

VRdBXmU.jpg

eQti95n.jpg

SEQasiJ.jpg

Kezen

Banned
Does not look that bad considering the hardware. That said, the sooner publishers stop supporting the 7th gen consoles the better.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
As expected, probably looks a lot better in person.

why does this game have such a leap in quality, do not even remember a PS3 game looking this dire

I am kidding, that looks great people

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
well..

what else were y'all expecting ? PS3 version falls notably short of quality in comparison to its PS4 counterpart. News at 11.

Jobbs

Banned
you can make jokes about vaseline, but I think this looks pretty impressive for nearly decade old hardware specs. ever LOOK at PS360 specs? there's almost nothing there to work with by today's standards.

liquidtmd

Banned
It looks very good considering the hardware.

The bitching is ironic as if this were high end PC owners mocking the PS4 version many would be crying 'mods plz' right now

RPGCrazied

Yeah, I think Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix is my last PS3 game. All cross gen games are going to be bought on PS4 when I get it soon.

Don't want to see too many of those screens because of spoilers (looks to be the very beginning of the game). Checked out a few to see what the last gen version looked like.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
To be fair the game has a minimalist art style, a lot of retro looking things, with plain white lighting etc in most cases. I guess the bigger difference will be visible in later areas where the alien is rampaging and there's a lot of dynamic lighting etc going on.

Would love to see a comparison of those areas too.

Omni

Dunno why, but unlike when I got my 360 and I went back to original Xbox games quite often, it's really freaking jarring to do so now with the X1 and 360

It's crazy

Don't want to see too many of those screens because of spoilers (looks to be the very beginning of the game). Checked out a few to see what the last gen version looked like.

judging from that egx overview- there is no possible way you can see alot of this game in stills-or even in previews of the game- going to be monstrous-

highlighted area is approximate size of the ship in the movie ALIEN- what you see surrounding it is the size of the station the game team made :)

edit:and it was said that is just "some" of the game map-

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks really good considering the hardware. I bet if you loaded this up on a good CRT TV it would actually look really nice.

Top Bottom