• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this video is getting enough love here. Gotta admire the skeptics who are quick to declare it a fake because of things easily observed in the video that they seemingly missed. "Yeah right, like a UFO is just going to appear because a girl happens to have her phone out and recording out the window of her plane. FAKE!"

Because the editing and cgi is on par with the scorpion king

Last edited:

StormCell

Because the editing and cgi is on par with the scorpion king

Yes, because your judgment on this is somehow better than the hundreds of other opinions I've already read on it.

In the end, it may very well be CGI, but my assertion that the video wasn't getting enough love doesn't mean I think it's real. I think it deserves more discussion though.

StormCell

I would guess cgi by the looks of it. Not only that it seems to really be inspired by the us navy account, shape, almost teleportation speed.

Another problem I have with it is hoe casual she is about it. That thing is obviously out of the norm.

I actually found this object strongly reminded me of the amateur aerial drone operator's video that was turned over for analysis. The shape is close enough, and the speed at which this thing is zipping around is not unlike the speed of the object that zipped by the aerial drone almost too quick to be noticed.

That is to suggest that unless this is obviously CGI, there is nothing about this object's behavior that doesn't align with the other stories. It could be a fabrication, but it certainly could be a type of UAV that hasn't been disclosed to the public. My guess is we'll find out when China decides to encroach on Taiwan. If it's our UAV, China's rekt.

INC

Now before you start, I'm 100% not saying this is real

But the alien looks pretty much exactly how the school kids described the being in their close encounter

Now again, IM NOT SAYING THIS IS REAL!

Looks like cgi animation to me, perhaps they too, influence from that event to create this video

Also the dude presenting it is lol

V4skunk

Banned
I would guess cgi by the looks of it. Not only that it seems to really be inspired by the us navy account, shape, almost teleportation speed.

Another problem I have with it is hoe casual she is about it. That thing is obviously out of the norm.
That is what ufo essentially do! Teleport / accelerating to impossible speeds in a split second.
I'm not sure if the video is real though, could be faked, we need to wait and see if other people come forward as witnesses on the flight because you would have thought a lot of people would have seen it.

Romulus

If you guys really look into it, these military reports go back a hundred years in some cases and have extremely similar descriptions. Lots of them. The only difference now is we have radar, video, and visual accounts of the same object.

showernota

The sightings of strange lights above the old fairgrounds continued after the World’s Fair ended and in 1966, one of the most startling occurred. Hundreds of motorists driving on the Grand Central Parkway side of Flushing Meadows Park reported seeing a large luminescent blue-green object, which looked “like a glowing dirigible that came into view and then descended into the lake,” at about 7:40 in the evening. A press report from those days stated:

“A number of observers said that the object appeared to correspond to the descriptions of UFOs reported in Michigan the previous week, which Air Force experts had attributed to swamp gas discharged from lake bottoms in springtime. This explanation did not satisfy everyone in Queens. Some thought that “maybe the Martians wanted to visit the World’s Fair, and didn’t know it was over.”
Due to budget cuts and because there were police in the park all night long, caretakers and other zoo employees were no longer present at the zoo all night. The last one would leave around 11pm and show up again around 7:30am to open up the zoo for the other employees. On the morning after the two nights of UFO sightings in 1987, the caretaker and several other employees opened up the zoo and were horrified to find every animal in the zoo dead. Not just dead, but strangely mutilated.

Interesting stories.

StormCell

That is what ufo essentially do! Teleport / accelerating to impossible speeds in a split second.
I'm not sure if the video is real though, could be faked, we need to wait and see if other people come forward as witnesses on the flight because you would have thought a lot of people would have seen it.

Has there ever been a case of a UFO strafing a passenger jet in which other passengers have come forward as witnesses? I know of at least a few encounters with passenger jets, and I don't recall even a dozen people having volunteered to come forward as witnesses.

That doesn't detour me from possibly believing the stories. It just tells me not to get my expectations up because, for whatever reason, we almost never get a bunch of witnesses. We should hope for like one unrelated witness if we get any.

INC

Has there ever been a case of a UFO strafing a passenger jet in which other passengers have come forward as witnesses? I know of at least a few encounters with passenger jets, and I don't recall even a dozen people having volunteered to come forward as witnesses.

Most of the passengers back up the claim of the pilot

StormCell

If you guys really look into it, these military reports go back a hundred years in some cases and have extremely similar descriptions. Lots of them. The only difference now is we have radar, video, and visual accounts of the same object.

You're either going to find this interesting or find this potentially dumb. I remember my parents getting some security cameras because we thought there was a possible prowler coming onto our property. Let me tell you, if you ever want to see some shit that makes no sense absent of some really knowledgeable scientist, try watching your security cams. Pretty much everything was undisturbed and quiet until around 2 AM each night at which point a glowing orb no bigger than a beetle would appear underneath my parent's jeep and it would creep out from under it. Once fully out from under the jeep it would levitate and begin to move back and forth in a very zig zag manner. This would go on for maybe a half an hour before it would return to the ground and creep back under the jeep. And then it would vanish. This happened just about every night as if it were on a cadence. What kind of thing or bug was it? Who knows. The jeep ran fine. Maybe IT was one of those fabled electrical gremlins that all jeeps come with.

But you can see that I find some similarity between the glowing orb in the sky that is zigging and zagging before changing direction all together and the glowing orb that would come out from under the jeep to zig and zag for a bit. What the hell are these things and what purpose could they serve? Other than being pieces of a simulation aimed to confuse us, I suppose.

Romulus

Reports of UFOs somehow hacking Russain and American nuclear sites. Objects appeared above the Russian sites and literally started a countdown, only to stop it at the last second. Lol

On the American side they were deactivated.

Also

Last edited:
Yes, because your judgment on this is somehow better than the hundreds of other opinions I've already read on it.

In the end, it may very well be CGI, but my assertion that the video wasn't getting enough love doesn't mean I think it's real. I think it deserves more discussion though.

well...my judgment is based on what i do for a living...so it is?

You do CGI editing in movies? Why don't you make us a UFO vid?

I work in cg.

Hmmm should i work and make money today or make a shitty cg ufo to prove to a random internet guy that a ufo that looks like the ending to airforce one is bad cg ?

There are lots of ufo clips much better to get ultra defensive about.

Romulus

Hopefully we won't be having this convo in another 40 years and we'll actually know. Sick of protecting the weak minded and frail "humans/earth/my religion are chosen ones" bullshit.

Aggelos

Jill Tarter delivers!

Guys, I'd like to bet my shirt on extremophiles and Europa. There are planned missions to be launched this decade, but I don't know if they're gonna sample the water jets that are ejected from Europa's ice cracks.

extremophile = a microorganism, especially an archaean, that lives in conditions of extreme temperature, acidity, alkalinity, or chemical concentration.

"Conjectures regarding extraterrestrial life have ensured a high profile for Europa and have led to steady lobbying for future missions. The aims of these missions have ranged from examining Europa's chemical composition to searching for extraterrestrial life in its hypothesized subsurface oceans. Robotic missions to Europa need to endure the high-radiation environment around Jupiter. Because it is deeply embedded within Jupiter's magnetosphere, Europa receives about 5.40 Sv of radiation per day."

Last edited:

StormCell

Hopefully we won't be having this convo in another 40 years and we'll actually know. Sick of protecting the weak minded and frail "humans/earth/my religion are chosen ones" bullshit.

Where is this coming from? My religion is the one and I've been expecting visitors from other worlds since my earliest thoughts... So who are you protecting? I've been setting my Christian brothers and sisters onto the straight and narrow my whole life. If they aren't expecting beings from another world, it'll be their fault.

Romulus

Where is this coming from? My religion is the one and I've been expecting visitors from other worlds since my earliest thoughts... So who are you protecting? I've been setting my Christian brothers and sisters onto the straight and narrow my whole life. If they aren't expecting beings from another world, it'll be their fault.

Oh no, there are plenty of religious folks that are fine.

Romulus

I'm trying to find that video that an astronomer took were the UFOs are in the contrails and one of them shoots a beam through.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I saw that dude post in the comments directing traffic back to his site. Did you click the click though? It's not even debunking the same vid.
Like all UFO vids it could be fake and gay though
I did not. I just outright believed it's fake

INC

People thoughts on the "tether" incident

Hundreds of 'critters' seem moving around the snapped tether, 300mikea above the earth, cant be seen by the naked eye

Looks like micro organisms, but in space, the tether was also 12miles long before it snapped

"STS-75 mission scientists hoped to deploy the tether to a distance of 20.7 kilometers (12.9 mi). Over 19 kilometers of the tether were deployed (over a period of 5 hours) before the tether broke"

Just so u get an idea of the scale

Last edited:

Romulus

Hundreds of 'critters' seem moving around the snapped tether, 300mikea above the earth, cant be seen by the naked eye

Looks like micro organisms, but in space, the tether was also 12miles long before it snapped

"STS-75 mission scientists hoped to deploy the tether to a distance of 20.7 kilometers (12.9 mi). Over 19 kilometers of the tether were deployed (over a period of 5 hours) before the tether broke"

This guy estimates the objects circling it are 2-3 miles in diameter.

Overall it's a great documentary and most have not been disproven even almost 30 years later. Some were filmed in the very early 90s so CGI is unlikely.

Last edited:

StormCell

I'm not sure why we're so fascinated with the debris floating around the broken tether. Is there more to this story that possibly debunks NASA's explanation for the broken tether? Their notes from the mission identify the debris as having been the result of the charged plasma that melted the tether. I wouldn't find it surprising to have partially melted debris that is wider than the width of the tether.

INC

I'm not sure why we're so fascinated with the debris floating around the broken tether. Is there more to this story that possibly debunks NASA's explanation for the broken tether? Their notes from the mission identify the debris as having been the result of the charged plasma that melted the tether. I wouldn't find it surprising to have partially melted debris that is wider than the width of the tether.

Cool, can you find another example of this please, for context

Romulus

Because they formed a line around it and some are making 90 degree turns before stopping on a dime. Its in the video I posted in response. Also, why is it a near perfect circle and magnitudes wider than the tether?

StormCell

Cool, can you find another example of this please, for context

By this I assume you mean other examples of similar space tethers resulting in debris as seen in the above. That isn't going to be a particularly easy thing to find since these are largely experiments only conducted in space costing millions of dollars. There are basically two trains of rational thought regarding the debris around the cable. One is that the debris could be from the cable, which is what I was thinking. I've since learned that the outer layer of the cable was made of kevlar (not likely to melt or expand due to melting due to disintegration point being so close to the melting point) and the inner layer was a teflon-like material (perhaps a teflon tape). Cables are wrapped, so anything that would have melted and broken the outer wrapping could yield debris with a diameter close to but not greater than the circumference of the wire.

The other rational line of thinking about the debris is that space is full of junk. We've seen other space junk video from NASA. The nature of the tether was to generate electricity from the Earth's fields by acting as a circuit. A lot of space junk could have been attracted to the tether as it generated far more electrical charge than was intended (due to the oxygen air pockets in the tether that led to the thermal events that melted the inner part of the tether).

Whatever the debris is, NASA is completely unconcerned. There have been many tether missions and experiments, some of them with tethers several km long. Aliens are not flying around cutting our tethers, and if they were I'd be more concerned about them cutting through our space stations, which they have not yet done.

Link to the experiment and investigation and discovery of what went wrong with this tether: https://pwg.gsfc.nasa.gov/Education/wtether.html

Link to other tether missions that no one is detoured from doing since the aforementioned tether failure: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_tether_missions

Last edited:

StormCell

Because they formed a line around it and some are making 90 degree turns before stopping on a dime. Its in the video I posted in response. Also, why is it a near perfect circle and magnitudes wider than the tether?

Those are interesting questions. Would be nice if NASA public relationships could fetch a set of answers from their physicists about the motion of these objects. I mentioned above that they seem completely unconcerned about it, so I feel comfortable with a couple of assumptions around this. 1) It really is just space trash interacting with electrical fields and responding to thermal stimuli. We already know that different energy fields, such as magnetism, can make matter align in very uniform patterns. 2) NASA is completely aware of extra-terrestrials, and those objects were not there by mistake but were monitoring our mission and then swarmed the tether after it broke in an effort to figure out what went wrong. Perhaps they were extra-terrestrial media hovering over our broken tether like a terrible crash had just taken place. lol

Romulus

Those are interesting questions. Would be nice if NASA public relationships could fetch a set of answers from their physicists about the motion of these objects. I mentioned above that they seem completely unconcerned about it, so I feel comfortable with a couple of assumptions around this. 1) It really is just space trash interacting with electrical fields and responding to thermal stimuli. We already know that different energy fields, such as magnetism, can make matter align in very uniform patterns. 2) NASA is completely aware of extra-terrestrials, and those objects were not there by mistake but were monitoring our mission and then swarmed the tether after it broke in an effort to figure out what went wrong. Perhaps they were extra-terrestrial media hovering over our broken tether like a terrible crash had just taken place. lol

The most compelling aspect is the movement of some of them. Rocketing forward and making an L turn on a dime is not natural. Instant acceleration. For this reason, the rest of the "debris" are even more suspect, not only that they just look extremely bizarre and how are 4-6 pieces of circular debris that large AND look exactly the same? It just doesn't add up, if there's an explanation for all those things, it would blow my mind. Even explaining one of them as natural would really surprise me. Not impossible though.

Leyasu

Banned

The tether incident is pretty compelling imo. Especially as some of the pulsating objects measured against the tether are miles in diameter.

I have also seen similar pulsating discs with missing objects in moon ufo vids... I can't remember what vids though. I have watched hundreds over the years

GAMETA

Banned
Isn't the tether and the objects very out of focus?

Any rotation of the debris would make the reflected light flicker, and the fact that it's out of focus makes the reflected light shines appear as "blobs"...

If the debris rotate and face the camera with a non reflective surface and dark material, it would also seem to disappear in the black of space. That or changes in temperature reflected and captured by the IR camera.

Just look at out of focus light sources, they look exactly like those blobs

So, AGAIN, it would make a lot of sense for it to be debris from a failed deployment, but no, no, no... the aliens who traveled from another galaxy have never seem a tether before and, therefore, are completely amazed by its striking complexity.

INC

Any rotation of the debris would make the reflected light flicker, and the fact that it's out of focus makes the reflected light shines appear as "blobs"...

If the debris rotate and face the camera with a non reflective surface and dark material, it would also seem to disappear in the black of space. That or changes in temperature reflected and captured by the IR camera.

So, AGAIN, it would make a lot of sense for it to be debris from a failed deployment, but no, no, no... the aliens who traveled from another galaxy have never seem a tether before and, therefore, are completely amazed by its striking complexity.

yes that does make sense, the only reference is the tether, even tho its 12miles long, its still impossible to tell the depth of it, so im not against it being camera flare or debris

but if thats all the debris, im surpirsed more of it, doesnt hit the space station (or whatever is releasing the tether)

thats alot of hazards just flying around if debris

as ive said many times, im open to any and all explanations, if it can be backed

why i like this thread, its not all hyperbole, people will look at the subject from all angles, instead of OMG its aliens bruh!

Romulus

First of all, no one here has said its aliens for sure.

Assuming its aliens, I think it's just strange how you attempt to get inside a superior being's head here. I could do the same but draw a better comparison. Why would PHD scientists huddle around an ant hill with such interest? They do, and it's a fucking mound of dirt. Lol
For all we know the aliens were confused how we managed to fuck up something so simple.
And you failed to address the most unbelievable aspect of it all. Without the movement of those objects zipping and making 90 degree turns and literally making a formation around the initial deployment, it's less interesting for sure.

You're assessment just comes off as lazy because you picked the most simple things to explain and ignore 70% of everything else. Reflections bro.

My best guess is there is something we dont understand at all here, camera trickery something because normal explanations don't add up.

Last edited:

Romulus

There are so many news of UFO and Aliens time to time. But a person will believe it 100% if we get to see with our own eyes.

Strongly disagree. We can't even convince some people that the world is flat and we live in a time of alternative facts. There will be huge campaigns to sway any evidence, no matter how strong it is. They could literally land in the middle of time square with 100 angles and 8k footage and many would believe it was a CGI stunt with CIA actors, psyops etc etc.

I mean the director of the Pentagon UFO investigation came out and said "we might not be alone" and there are tons of people that won't entertain the idea of aliens.

Aggelos

Elon Musk thinks zero times in his daily life about aliens, because there's no direct evidence that they've been here on earth.

StormCell

Elon Musk thinks zero times in his daily life about aliens, because there's no direct evidence that they've been here on earth.

Elon Musk was also skeptical about mask-wearing and the seriousness of COVID-19. That is until a distinguished medical doctor challenged him to rethink his stance and agreed to a one-on-one discussion where Musk got to ask him questions.

Elon Musk thinks zero times a day about aliens because they're not important to his plans for space or Mars colonization. When they finally meet one of these aliens, he'll reconsider their relevance.

GAMETA

Banned
First of all, no one here has said its aliens for sure.

Assuming its aliens, I think it's just strange how you attempt to get inside a superior being's head here. I could do the same but draw a better comparison. Why would PHD scientists huddle around an ant hill with such interest? They do, and it's a fucking mound of dirt. Lol
For all we know the aliens were confused how we managed to fuck up something so simple.
And you failed to address the most unbelievable aspect of it all. Without the movement of those objects zipping and making 90 degree turns and literally making a formation around the initial deployment, it's less interesting for sure.

You're assessment just comes off as lazy because you picked the most simple things to explain and ignore 70% of everything else. Reflections bro.

My best guess is there is something we dont understand at all here, camera trickery something because normal explanations don't add up.

Where in the video do you see the objects make a 90 degree turn? I watched it again and didn't notice absolutely anything. Can you give me the time stamp?

And no, my assessment isn't lazy, it's based on simple logic.

1 - The footage is blurry and when some objects pass behind the tether they shrink in size and gain focus. It's on par with what you'd expect from an out of focus image, where overlaying objects can change the light path (diffraction), possibly making them appear sharper. You can notice the same effect if you squeeze your eyes or see through a tiny hole.

2 - There's no diffuse light in space, it's directional and produces sharp shadows. You can't see the object if it's not lit or if its surface isn't reflecting light (every object reflects light, it's its albedo)

What "everything else" is there? You understand the camera is moving, right? Zooming in and out, rotating and such while the objects just "float" around.

Aggelos

So what?
What do the US Navy and Pentagon say though?

The Copernican Principle -> "In physical cosmology, the Copernican principle states that humans, on the Earth or in the Solar System, are not privileged observers of the universe"

An advanced civilization that is able to do interstellar travelling, might not find anything special about Earth and its life, especially if they have become witnesses of life in general, in the cosmos.
Chances are remote that Earth is their favorite place to send in their A.I.s and drones just play hoaxes on those poor earthlings, so that they have an abundance of stories to tell about UFOs and alien sightings.

StormCell

Strongly disagree. We can't even convince some people that the world is flat and we live in a time of alternative facts. There will be huge campaigns to sway any evidence, no matter how strong it is. They could literally land in the middle of time square with 100 angles and 8k footage and many would believe it was a CGI stunt with CIA actors, psyops etc etc.

I mean the director of the Pentagon UFO investigation came out and said "we might not be alone" and there are tons of people that won't entertain the idea of aliens.
But it's always best to remain skeptical of even what you see or hear. There's good reason to doubt anything because we don't always understand the strategic significance once placed in our minds. Aliens appearing in time square might be the single greatest detail that is missing from a grand globalist unification act. How do we know if the aliens are real? The news has told us it is so. Our government and other governments are acting accordingly. It must be real, right? Government must now act with a heavy hand in order for us to get to some idealistic place that they want us to get to.

Information is a powerful tool and a great weapon, but skepticism is a strong armor and a good defense. Even if I encounter people who look very strange and I experience technology that doesn't seem possible by anyone from earth, should I believe the people if they tell me they're from another planet? I would be a little convinced but always skeptical and watchful.

StormCell

Where in the video do you see the objects make a 90 degree turn? I watched it again and didn't notice absolutely anything. Can you give me the time stamp?
Look at 24:40. The object is moving along and then suddenly makes a 90 degree sharp change in direction.

Romulus

But it's always best to remain skeptical of even what you see or hear. There's good reason to doubt anything because we don't always understand the strategic significance once placed in our minds. Aliens appearing in time square might be the single greatest detail that is missing from a grand globalist unification act. How do we know if the aliens are real? The news has told us it is so. Our government and other governments are acting accordingly. It must be real, right? Government must now act with a heavy hand in order for us to get to some idealistic place that they want us to get to.

Information is a powerful tool and a great weapon, but skepticism is a strong armor and a good defense. Even if I encounter people who look very strange and I experience technology that doesn't seem possible by anyone from earth, should I believe the people if they tell me they're from another planet? I would be a little convinced but always skeptical and watchful.

Yeah that's just common sense, I'm talking about this social media element that challenges basic science, or anything for that matter. Everything is a conspiracy folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom