• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airola

Is what we now theorize how powerful fusion energy could be powerful enough to allow a spacecraft go through one or more galaxies without "refueling"?
I think I haven't ever thought space travel from that angle yet. I've seen people talk about how there should be technology to allow FTL travel or something like that for something to come from another galaxy to here or us going from here to there, but how much any sort of "fuel" would a travel like that require? How many refueling stations there should be around the universe to ensure the crafts have enough energy to make a safe trip to the target location and back?

What's the deal with cigar-shaped UFOs? :unsure:

Also, I never really thought much about aliens coming from and going back to our oceans as opposed to somewhere in outer space. I can't help but think of the X-COM games where in the original they came from Mars, in the sequel they were underwater, and in Apocalypse they were interdimensional.

LordKasual

Banned
The simulation theory is odd to me.

If we are in a some sort of a computer simulation, and that would explain our existence, then how did the computer we are a program in become into existence? Computers are material, physical things made by biological beings. So that whole scenario of some other universe building a computer and programming a simulation would also need an explanation for its existence.

If it wouldn't need an explanation and if the reality there wouldn't be bound to same kind of laws of our reality has and if all sorts of weird things that aren't possible here but would be possible there, then why even imagine there being a computer with a simulation running in the first place? It could then be anything else. Just a mind that thinks us into existence. Which would be pretty much what God has been thought to be.

The simulation theory doesn't try to explain away the origins of everything, it's just kind of a logical thought experiment. The laws of our hypothetical simulation dont need to be perfect....hell they don't even necessarily need to be super complex. They could be completely different from base reality, maybe not even 10% as complex or dense as "True Reality" physics.

If they create a stable simulation that can spawn life, the realism of the simulation will be irrelevant to the beings IN the simulation, as it's the only reality they could possibly know.

But yes, if we're a simulation, then the same problem of origin exists for our creators, and you can just keep going layers and layers deeper.

But ultimately, it doesn't mean or change anything. And it isn't testable anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Is what we now theorize how powerful fusion energy could be powerful enough to allow a spacecraft go through one or more galaxies without "refueling"?
I think I haven't ever thought space travel from that angle yet. I've seen people talk about how there should be technology to allow FTL travel or something like that for something to come from another galaxy to here or us going from here to there, but how much any sort of "fuel" would a travel like that require? How many refueling stations there should be around the universe to ensure the crafts have enough energy to make a safe trip to the target location and back?

If we ever master nuclear energy than i assume we could actually find fuel sources in space.

But TBH, travel through space is pretty straightforward? You need fuel to accelerate you and to slow you down, but need next to nothing to coast.

Last edited:
What's the deal with cigar-shaped UFOs? :unsure:

Also, I never really thought much about aliens coming from and going back to our oceans as opposed to somewhere in outer space. I can't help but think of the X-COM games where in the original they came from Mars, in the sequel they were underwater, and in Apocalypse they were interdimensional.
USOs they're called. Unidentified Submersible Objects.

They're still thought to be extraterrestrial but hiding beneath the ocean.

A better analogy than X-COM: Into the Deep would be James Cameron's The Abyss.

Aliens from other dimensions are commonly called Ultraterrestrials. Good analogy for that would be the non-human members of the Combine.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
How did they mess up?

For starters, the craft are lit from the bottom with the shadow on the top, when we can clearly see the sun is shining from the right.

Second, for the shadow to cast on the moon that close, the objects would be thousands of miles long and be traveling at insane speeds.

Romulus

For starters, the craft are lit from the bottom with the shadow on the top, when we can clearly see the sun is shining from the right.

Second, for the shadow to cast on the moon that close, the objects would be thousands of miles long and be traveling at insane speeds.

Looking at it again, the lighting makes sense to me, but I'm no expert.

Speed and size wise, how do you know its thousands of miles long versus tens or hundreds? The state of Tennessee is 440 miles long by for reference, not even half your minimum estimate(thousands).

Also, the largest crater on the moon is 1600 miles in diameter, even if we assume that crater in the vid just happens to be the largest, it doesnt make sense to me that those objects are thousands of miles across. The objects pass in front of the crater, so we get the closer perspective of the objects versus the crater. They should look equal or longer in size. But the objects still look tiny and appear to be able to fit inside the crater dozens of times over. That's assuming this crater is 1600 miles too, it's likely not even close. Most craters on the moon are well under 500 miles in diameter.

Last edited:

pramod

Banned
Aliens seem creepy as hell. I hope I don't run into any of them like this poor lady did.

Rosa-Lotti-Dainelli.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
This is a good conversation to have. They exist. There are documents and such that will never reach the public, I’m sure, that very few people on this planet have knowledge about. There are events that took place, meetings, experiments, etc. that have likely taken place that even fewer have witnessed or have been apart of regarding extraterrestrials. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. The truth is out there and anyone who will seek it will find it eventually. This is written in scripture and I believe it to be true

From what I know, I can speculate that aliens do exist, they (at least the ones we have come in contact with throughout our history in civilization) are highly advanced, to the point where even thinking of starting a war with them would be asinine, and with that you can piece together that they have been around much longer and are far more intelligent—and in that line of reasoning, you might be able to see why abductions would take place here on earth involving humans. Why wouldn’t they need test subjects like we do? What are they doing with humans? Probably a lot of things but common sense will point to, at the very least, experimentation to further their understanding via the sciences as we do

I definitely don’t think of them as Gods, but they are lifeforms just as we are. So my general thoughts are that they are likely very similar to us in the grand scheme of things; entities looking for answers in a reality where you must search far and wide to find such answers

I think there are primitive aliens, I think there are benevolent and malevolent aliens, but in general I simply see them as life and one day, maybe millions of years from now, we might be working side by side with them, maybe

It’s all speculation. The truth has been forcibly blurred regarding this topic

I don't believe in aliens anymore, and I think it's kind of funny how widespread the belief is considering the evidence available (basically none) Questionable home video recordings and anecdotes are about all there are. Individual accounts are unreliable, and image media is a poor evidential basis. Are things in the sky now and then that we can't identify? Of course. Aliens? Show me the proof.
Watch Rogans podcast with Dave Fravor.
The US Military admits now they exist, they have been studying them, and dont know what they are.

What proof did he provide?
He chased it in his FA18, got within 500ft of it, it took off at the speed of light. His co pilot was with him and witnessed it, the other plane they were flying with witnessed it. They were sent out to see what it was because the radar ship was picking them up on radar for two weeks coming down from over 80,000 ft straight down to 20,000 ft in a second, then some would drop from 20,000 ft to the surface of the ocean in a second, stay there for a couple of hours and then shoot back up into space. Another plane went off to find it and actually managed to video it.
But best to hear it from the man himself.

Nymphae

Banned
He chased it in his FA18, got within 500ft of it, it took off at the speed of light. His co pilot was with him and witnessed it, the other plane they were flying with witnessed it. They were sent out to see what it was because the radar ship was picking them up on radar for two weeks coming down from over 80,000 ft straight down to 20,000 ft in a second, then some would drop from 20,000 ft to the surface of the ocean in a second, stay there for a couple of hours and then shoot back up into space. Another plane went off to find it and actually managed to video it.
But best to hear it from the man himself.

So we still have nothing. I have never denied the existence of UFO's but don't see why people seem to take those sightings as proof that extraterrestrial life developed elsewhere. Nobody even knows what the UFO's are but we're pretty sure what's piloting them lol.

So we still have nothing. I have never denied the existence of UFO's but don't see why people seem to take those sightings as proof that extraterrestrial life developed elsewhere. Nobody even knows what the UFO's are but we're pretty sure what's piloting them lol.
Nothing other than credible eyewitness reports, video footage, radar tracking etc. and the US military admitting they exist.
Problem with this area is there is so much horseshit, it's hard to know whats legit and what isn't.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Nothing other than credible eyewitness reports, video footage, radar tracking etc. and the US military admitting they exist.
Problem with this area is there is so much horseshit, it's hard to know whats legit and what isn't.

Like I said, I'm not arguing with eyewitness and video accounts of "unidentified objects", I take issue with the conclusions reached.

Romulus

Ok, about 10 years ago there were a series of videos that showed something like the video below in Ecuador. A strange aerial energy source shooting plasma(?) into other energy sources. I believe their Navy captured it in film and it was freaking people out before it was removed and reupload from another angle.

But this one is in Indonesia

I mean wtf is that? I've seen it before several times were these anomalies are emitting something into the atmosphere.

Somewhat similar but not the Ecuador video. Theres literally dozens of these types of videos.

Last edited:

Romulus

aliens are stupid, i hope they land so we can fuck them up

I know you're joking but there was an article years ago about that. It talked about distance in relation to technology. If a said faction was able to mobilize a rather large force of military from the moon and project power to the Earth, that means they're exponentially more advanced than us. The distance means a level of technology and logistics that we don't come close to possessing. Now, imagine coming from Mars, or another planet in another solar system, every time you further the distance the species is exponentially even further along, and that's considering a theoretical moon faction would fuck us up fast. I thought the idea was interesting.

Last edited:

PSYGN

I know you're joking but there was an article years ago about that. It talked about distance in relation to technology. If a said faction was able to mobilize a rather large force of military from the moon and project power to the Earth, that means they're exponentially more advanced than us. The distance means a level of technology and logistics that we don't come close to possessing. Now, imagine coming from Mars, or another planet in another solar system, every time you further the distance the species is exponentially even further along, and that's considering a theoretical moon faction would fuck us up fast. I thought the idea was interesting.

You just have to wait for their space ship to open up and shoot missiles or kamikaze the opening.

Kadayi

Banned
Pretty strange. To me, if its aliens, its like they're mimicking fireworks, but if its a drone they're massive.

Could be fireworks on a drone. I could see lots of opportunities to fuck with peoples heads using the two in combination.

Romulus

Could be fireworks on a drone. I could see lots of opportunities to fuck with peoples heads using the two in combination.

Yeah, there's another vid where a dude is using that. It's just the way the energy is dispersed is unlike anything ive seen before. It looks so unnatural to me how the fireworks move, idk. Like physics are way off.

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah, there's another vid where a dude is using that. It's just the way the energy is dispersed is unlike anything ive seen before. It looks so unnatural to me how the fireworks move, idk. Like physics are way off.

I'm not a sceptic. I just find the notion that aliens travelled across light-years of space to just to put on a light show (with no discernable rhyme or reason) during the day kind of unlikely is all. Someone fucking about with a drone seems slightly more likely. After all if we can do this: -

. A dare say a more erratic pattern of movement could be programmed in.

Romulus

Both videos below capture in Serbia around the same time. I've found 3 more videos but two of them restricted access to posting it other websites.

Last edited:
Yall should stop thinking aliens, as in extra-terrestrials, and start thinking Djinn, as in extra-dimensional travelers that have been coming here forever and have been equated to demons, Genies, grey aliens, Fey Folk, black eyed children, men in black, etc. These assholes have been witnessed for pretty much all of known history.

I lean towards this angle.

IDH (Interdimensional Hypothesis) as opposed to ETH (Extraterrestrial Hypothesis). Along the lines of Jacques Vallée (who worked with J. Allen Hynek, who was on Project Blue Book)

Or as John Keel calls them, Ultraterrestrials.

Last edited:

Romulus

IDH (Interdimensional Hypothesis) as opposed to ETH (Extraterrestrial Hypothesis). Along the lines of Jacques Vallée (who worked with J. Allen Hynek, who was on Project Blue Book)

Could be. It's just my small brain has difficulty wrapping around the concept. I know its something beyond my understanding but I, like most humans try to apply it to something from my era or culture. I just imagine showing an early 1900s person facetime on a smartphone. "Thats from the devil!!" Lol, it just sucks being hundreds, or thousands of years behind understanding the phenomenon. It's just guesswork or "comfort pasting" it from something I do understand.

Last edited:

MadAnon

Not sure what exactly dimensions have to do with extraterrestrials?

I think the whole "higher dimensional beings" theory makes 0 sense. If the universe somehow exists in more than 3 perceivable dimensions then how exactly those dimensions can be described as some kind of seperate worlds where some higher dimensional being can move to? We can't perceive 4th time dimension but we know it exists and it directly impacts our perceivable universe. That's not seperate worlds if you ask me. And why did we humans came to be as beings who can perceive only 3 dimensions if the universe itself exists in X dimensions?

If there are higher dimensions then they are not ment to be perceived but they exist to make our perceivable universe work the way it does. If you could perceive 4th dimension then it would open up whole new can of worms - time travel. Which in itself would basically break the universe because of paradoxes and some broken laws of physics.

Last edited:
Not sure what exactly dimensions have to do with extraterrestrials?

The theory revolves around the fact that most of the things visiting our realm of perception don't come from another planet, but another realm right here. Another spectrum if you will. Consider how many visible spectrums the human eye can perceive, how many frequencies the human ear can hear, and the limitations of what human technology is capable of detecting.

You'd have to read up on it yourself, as I would hardly be the one to explain it in such a manner that would probably be adequate. Not to mention it's not a subject I'd generally advise anyone get into it for a variety of reasons. But overall I think people have quite the wrong idea of what's actually occurring. Not to say that I do have the right idea, far from it, but I'm definitely open to a few major possibilities as to what is occurring.

And if you want a book recommendation on it, I'd suggest Passport to Magonia by Jacques Vallée

Last edited:

MadAnon

The theory revolves around the fact that most of the things visiting our realm of perception don't come from another planet, but another realm right here. Another spectrum if you will. Consider how many visible spectrums the human eye can perceive, how many frequencies the human ear can hear, and the limitations of what human technology is capable of detecting.

You'd have to read up on it yourself, as I would hardly be the one to explain it in such a manner that would probably be adequate. Not to mention it's not a subject I'd generally advise anyone get into it for a variety of reasons. But overall I think people have quite the wrong idea of what's actually occurring. Not to say that I do have the right idea, far from it, but I'm definitely open to a few major possibilities as to what is occurring.

And if you want a book recommendation on it, I'd suggest Passport to Magonia by Jacques Vallée
Visible light is a tiny portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. How can it hide different realm when this whole spectrum directly impacts us and things around?

Sounds just like religious mumbo jumbo. This theory really isn't for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom