• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarbron

Interested in reading this book I heard about called "Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future" by Fr. Seraphim Rose, in which he states that the UFO and alien phenomena is just the new form of demonic visitation and possession.

Recently was recommended this book "Passport to Magonia," by Jacques Vallee (here it is on archive - https://archive.org/details/PassportToMagonia--UFOsFolkloreAndParallelWorldsJacquesVallee1993)

I actually have this book, purchased it in the late 1990s! Fr. Rose was an interesting thinker. He some other great works "Youth of the Apocalypse" was my favourite. I would live to visit St. Herman of Alaska Monastery one day.

More on-topic, I have always had a passing interest in the UFO phenomenon. I think Unsolved Mysteries really sparked it.

An interesting, somewhat dry, book some might find interesting is: UFOs and Government, A Historical Inquiry. I recently picked this up from amazon.

It provides an interesting historical perspective on how various governments have dealt with UFOs at the bureaucratic level (most of the book is focused on the US, but covers other governments around the world). It is not a conspiracy book, but largely relies on minutes, documents etc. What I found most interesting is how the US Navy would, at least in the 1950s, be the most transparent, much to the chagrin of the US Air Force.

Plenty of interesting cases are also discussed.

zeioIIDX

As far as books, I've always really enjoyed The Day After Roswell by Lt. Colonel Philip J. Corso and Top Secret/Majic by Stanton Friendman. The first book discusses our supposed reverse engineering of components from the Roswell wreckage to create integrated circuits, night vision, fiber optics, Kevlar, etc. And the second book involves a nuclear physicist attempting to search for the truth behind the existence of MJ-12, a committee of 12 men from various government backgrounds who apparently ran the shots when it came to the UFO cover-up. Despite my absolute love for the topic, I've always been a skeptic and scientifically minded in general. These two books are pretty compelling though. When I was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB in 2009, I did a tiny bit of investigating on my own, creepy stuff.

Tenaciousmo

Last edited:

Wwg1wga

1959 Avro VZ-9

pDAhjBX.jpg

ayqHPAn.jpg

The SR-71 was "publicly" introduced in 1966.

Until I see better examples of alien "proof", it will be military tech or other unexplained phenomenon, to me.
Well, I guess you've never heard the mess this shit is causing. That would make your ears bleed for sure.

OjxrAhE.jpg

Last edited:

Romulus

Anything is possible, but pay close attention to these two videos.

Then, 1956

These sort of objects have been reported frequently going back to the late 1800s, settlers mostly reporting orbs of light flying through the air in sequence, oftentimes in formation. WW2 pilots on all sides reported them chasing them on dozens of occasions and "toying" with the fighter aircraft in dogfights were the prop plans could not keep up. Again, Japan, US, UK, Germany all reported this.

Last edited:

zeomax

But he said he has no idea what it is there
Yes he does not know what it is. The point of the video is to show that the object, unlike stated, is not doing any crazy moves or flying at extreme speed or doing what so ever unusual.

Romulus

Yes he does not know what it is. The point of the video is to show that the object, unlike stated, is not doing any crazy moves or flying at extreme speed or doing what so ever unusual.

If you're interested in the encounter, I highly recommend the Nimitz encounter doc. The radar tech tracked the same objects the pilot pursued, and the pilot described it is as moving at unbelievable speeds. Sonar techs also tracked them diving underwater. Dozens of them.

Last edited:
Jeremy Corbell really gets a lot of hate on Twitter although he doesn't seem to take well in criticism.

I guess if I was still on Twitter, I'd jump in once in awhile when people aren't so hostile.

But I really don't know what to think of him.

Edit: the vids zeomax zeomax posted reminded me of him.

I heard him in an interview with George Knapp on Coast to Coast AM icer a week ago. He seems intelligent and enthusiastic.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
When I was like 2 or 3 this movie must have come on, because I remember a scene similar to this one. It was one of the most disturbing moments I’ve seen regarding entertainment, if not the most...

Remember watching, but I was so young I didn’t even know what a tv was or even the word tv for that matter. I simply, watched. That was not my reality, but I was immersed as so, being so young and easily soaking up all information that comes my way. Somewhat traumatizing because for the longest time I had wondered if I had dreamed it? Or had I lived it? Was it a repressed memory that re-surfaced? Was it a memory from a past life I wondered? Those thoughts would spring up over the years, rarely, if the topic of aliens ever came up and it might have triggered that memory of the film. But for most ofmh childhood I sort of wondered about that scene and if it had happened to me maybe lol. I can’t believe it was playing on basic cable back in the day, you dont even see stuff 1/8th that bad in rated R movies that reach the theaters

WhenI was 19, a good friend told me about David Icke, Credo Mutwa, and Reptilians. To this day I wonder how much of that long interview and all the stories Credo had told David Icke, were true. He was a Zulu Shaman. Very wise and intelligent both, it seemed to me. But I’ll never know if he was lying or telling the truth, most likely. Some crazy ass stories though, at the very least

Romulus

Reagan pushed the Star Wars program that was designed to counter threats from space and said this after he supposedly was briefed about UFOs.

GAMETA

Banned
Reagan pushed the Star Wars program that was designed to counter threats from space and said this after he supposedly was briefed about UFOs.

But isn't that an obvious conclusion?

Does it need to imply conspiracy? Why does it need to mean anything other than the simple fact that people unite for causes in common or against common enemies?

Romulus

But isn't that an obvious conclusion?

Does it need to imply conspiracy? Why does it need to mean anything other than the simple fact that people unite for causes in common or against common enemies?

Not confirming that its a conspiracy. Just interesting what we know now with presidents and high ranking officials being briefed on UFOs for decades. There was another article I posted about Reagan freaking out about briefings about ufos, like it affected him more than other presidents. Who knows if it inspired his speech or not.

KevinMiller

Neo Member
I personally cannot say that I trust absolutely all the news about the supernatural but I believe that alien ships are really watching us. I personally cannot say that I trust absolutely all the news about the supernatural. I believe that alien ships are really watching us. But I am interested in the question of the afterlife) I like to learn news through the subtle worlds. It seems to me that this will reveal more secrets)

asustitan

Banned
What stops me from believing UFO's.

1. Speed of light is just too slow. Say an advanced civilisation is only 30k light years away which would be extremely lucky. If the aliens could travel at 99.99% SOL and set off, we would not see them until the year 32020. From their travelling perspective they could get here in a small number of years. But what would be left?

2. Our radio footprint is only a 100 light year radius (small), no doubt those signals would be way to weak anyway to generate interest. So the aliens see just another star when they look at the sun. Why bother.

3. They only ever contact our world leaders and government agencies. How convenient.

4. Maybe the rules of the universe cannot be broken. Civilisations cannot harness the power to create wormholes and if they could maybe it is not possible to make them stable. Also the wormhole would probably never line up between the host and our point in the universe.

5. SOL cannot be broken. We are all too far away from each other to communicate.

Last edited:

Romulus

1. Speed of light is just too slow. Say an advanced civilisation is only 30k light years away which would be extremely lucky. If the aliens could travel at 99.99% SOL and set off, we would not see them until the year 32020. From their travelling perspective they could get here in a small number of years. But what would be left?

2. Our radio footprint is only a 100 light year radius (small), no doubt those signals would be way to weak anyway to generate interest. So the aliens see just another star when they look at the sun. Why bother.

3. They only ever contact our world leaders and government agencies. How convenient.

4. Maybe the rules of the universe cannot be broken. Civilisations cannot harness the power to create wormholes and if they could maybe it is not possible to make them stable. Also the wormhole would probably never line up between the host and our point in the universe.

5. SOL cannot be broken. We are all too far away from each other to communicate.

Just look at the "impossible" challenges that faced scientists 200 years ago that we've solved. Now imagine a civilization a million years ahead of us, or even a thousand.

One thing the US navy pilots kept saying about the UFOs they saw. "They are breaking the known laws of physics." Keyword, known. Just a few years ago we didn't even know there were gravitational waves lmao, a basic pillar of understanding the universe.

The same radar operator that tracked those pilots, also tracked the UFOs. 200ft to 75,000ft in less than 1second and could stop at thousands of mph suddenly, and go underwater.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned

It is a shame that UFO have been confirmed to be real by the US Navy and Pentagon.
1/. Wormhole / hyper space travel is faster than light and is theoretically possible.
2/. I believe people that are looking for ET life in the universe are retarded looking for low tech slow radio signals.
3/. Based on what exactly?
4/. Wormholes are very real and are theoretically everywhere.

1. There are two Speeds of light, one is a term used for cause/effect, as in, a glass of milk can't smash on the floor before you drop it. The other is the speed that light travels in a vacuum. Theoretically time is relevant, you could travel millions of miles, that may take them years, but wouldn't take more than a few days to the people seeing it.

2. Fair point

3. Fair point, though I don't think aliens have contacted anyone, but i know what you mean.

4. If they can't be broken, or if they don't change across the universe, we do know about quantum entanglement, which theoretically could be used to 'teleport' information. Who knows though

5. It can't be broken but it can be bent.

asustitan

Banned
I've no doubt there is other intelligent life but to think our little rock is important enough to be a tourist attraction for intelligent life is very brazen.

asustitan

Banned
1. There are two Speeds of light, one is a term used for cause/effect, as in, a glass of milk can't smash on the floor before you drop it. The other is the speed that light travels in a vacuum. Theoretically time is relevant, you could travel millions of miles, that may take them years, but wouldn't take more than a few days to the people seeing it.

For the traveller the Aliens, they could whiz around the universe in their technology in a fraction of a time, but for us the observer we are not seeing them for however long they are away in light years.

The wormhole thing, yes theoretically you could punch a hole in a folded piece of space, but I doubt with them you get to control exactly where you want to end up.

Last edited:
For the traveller the Aliens, they could whiz around the universe in their technology in a fraction of a time, but for us the observer we are not seeing them for however long they are away in light years.

The wormhole thing, yes theoretically you could punch a hole in a folded piece of space, but I doubt with them you get to control exactly where you want to end up.
Sometimes i think that we think too highly of our understanding of the universe. Kind of like how you couldn't teach a dog how a complex city like London or New York works, finances, politics, everything.

Have Aliens discovered us and realised it's pointless? We are an ameoba to them; we're not even interesting enough to keep as a pet.

Romulus

We still don't even understand the basics of the universe, top scientists still use phrases like "we think it works this way" to describe basic principles. We're monkeys with cellphones, but yet people with far less knowledge than our best and brightest have it all figured out. lol

Last edited:

asustitan

Banned
We still don't even understand the basics of the universe, top scientists still use phrases like "we think it works this way" to describe basic principles. We're monkeys with cellphones, but yet people with far less knowledge than our best and brightest have it all figured out. lol

I'm just putting over reasons why we are not inundated with alien activity. I think we can say that is true. We are not seeing independence day levels of motherships orbiting Earth.

Unless you like to think they mix with us undercover in society, which again would be convenient.

Last edited:

Romulus

Interesting. There are so many ancient drawings of groups of people looking up in the sky in awe at the classic disk or orb shaped UFOs that our militaries report today. How would people thousands of years ago on different continents depict such similar situations and objects in the sky?

Interesting. There are so many ancient drawings of groups of people looking up in the sky in awe at the classic disk or orb shaped UFOs that our militaries report today. How would people thousands of years ago on different continents depict such similar situations and objects in the sky?

I think the most intriguing thing about those examples is that the shape's of UFO's remain consistent throughout time.

Extremely well said. Simple minded people tend to confuse opinions with fact and very rarely have the ability to prove anything but still roll with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom