• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

V4skunk

Banned

1DJtkH3.png

I agree, sadly it´s his "style".

Why would aliens even consider landing, exploring earth? If they were so advanced, what would they gain by visiting the blue planet? A field trip? Makes no sense. We live on a planet with the weirdest animals known. WE are the aliens.

If there were others out there, they prolly be as advanced as we are. Still figuring out how to fast travel thru space. We have cameras capable of capturing at 4K, yet every, literally every video shown has been shot using an atari vcs 2600.

Aliens had over 5 billion years time to explore, loot, farm our planet.

Go take a picture with your shitty 4k camera on your phone of a bird flying in the sky at a distance and post the image here.
Your picture will look like the shitty ufo pictures every one takes.
4k means fuck all as well, its all about having optical zoom.

Romulus

Go take a picture with your shitty 4k camera on your phone of a bird flying in the sky at a distance and post the image here.
Your picture will look like the shitty ufo pictures every one takes.
4k means fuck all as well, its all about having optical zoom.

Exactly and even with an optical zoom its not an absolute guarantee the pic will be clear.

TheAdlerian

Banned
So because you don't find it fun, nobody else can? And if I disagree with that I'm a child or fucking retarded?
I do not respect people that find this topic fun.

If you want to find it fun, then great. However, it's a very serious matter involving laws, the military, national threats, etc and literally, only a retarded child would find it fun.

It WAS a wacky topic over a year ago and then it got real.

Perhaps you need to take life seriously. It's an absolute waste of time watching these videos with "experts" when you know they work for a bigfoot company. I have serious things I do for work and in my spare time and I'm watching these fucking liars for an hour.

You should take a look at what's important to you in life.

Romulus

Yeah I dont think you'll last long in this thread. You don't have an ounce of objectivity and you openingly chastise people for reasons that don't even make sense. I doubt theres a person here that sees where youre coming from and agrees. But in your mind you'll probably rationalize that as you're thinking at a higher level in some way. Typical.

TheAdlerian

Banned
Yeah I dont think you'll last long in this thread. You don't have an ounce of objectivity and you openingly chastise people for reasons that don't even make sense. I doubt theres a person here that sees where youre coming from and agrees. But in your mind you'll probably rationalize that as you're thinking at a higher level in some way. Typical.
A guy tells me that I "won't last long" and that I'm not "objective" in the same sentence.

That's very entertaining.

You are not objective and I am objective.

That's how I was able to find the motive for several fake experts in the media. Meanwhile, you didn't like hearing that because SUBJECTIVELY you want this to be about aliens, not TV shows and money.

Eric187

Banned
I’ve been an avid ufo enthusiast my whole life and here’s my take on the current situation. It’s all BS. Luis Elizondo and those like him are no differnet than someone handing out a collection plate at church. UFOs are a business and by giving it attention you’re just making these people money. Common sense tells me if aliens existed and we knew about them then why in the fuck is NASA, SETI or any organization blowing billions of taxpayer dollars sending rovers to Mars to search for microbial life, or pointing billion dollars telescope at the stars? Stop falling for this crap 💩

TheAdlerian

Banned
Can't wait for this guy to find the Moon Landing and Flat Earth thread.
I love the moon landing topic but the flat Earth one is just too stupid.

In all seriousness, these are important topics and not funny, at all.

If we did not go to the moon, then we live in a brainwashed world by people insulting the shit out of humanity. If we did go to the moon there's tons of weirdness around it like NASA lost the plans, but we have documents from a thousand years ago. We can't go back but they used toaster technology, etc there's a lot of weirdness about the topic.

The same goes for UFOs. If it's a hoax, I am tired of hoaxes. If it's real, then it's a threat beyond anything else going on.

If people want to maintain sanity, and not have their time wasted, it's important to understand what is happening.

However, many loser types with anxiety about living like to get sucked into time wasting activities because it's the delusion of learning or doing something. That kind of person is low level crazy and I am not interested in being part of that group.

Romulus

A guy tells me that I "won't last long" and that I'm not "objective" in the same sentence.

That's very entertaining.

You are not objective and I am objective.

That's how I was able to find the motive for several fake experts in the media. Meanwhile, you didn't like hearing that because SUBJECTIVELY you want this to be about aliens, not TV shows and money.

It wasn't the same sentence. Doesn't seem like much but it shows how you miss things. Not sure why you're even drawing this comparison. It makes no sense.

Romulus

I’ve been an avid ufo enthusiast my whole life and here’s my take on the current situation. It’s all BS. Luis Elizondo and those like him are no differnet than someone handing out a collection plate at church. UFOs are a business and by giving it attention you’re just making these people money. Common sense tells me if aliens existed and we knew about them then why in the fuck is NASA, SETI or any organization blowing billions of taxpayer dollars sending rovers to Mars to search for microbial life, or pointing billion dollars telescope at the stars? Stop falling for this crap 💩

Hm, so we stop searching for life on mars because we already know it exists? What about the continual search all over the earth for new species? We know earth has life, why continue to look? :)

Last edited:

INC

However, many loser types with anxiety about living like to get sucked into time wasting activities because it's the delusion of learning or doing something. That kind of person is low level crazy and I am not interested in being part of that group.

u get this is neogaf right...........?

TheAdlerian

Banned
I agree.

The collection plate metaphor is good and I compared this to religion in my first posts.

I love UFO speculation and there's been a lot of puzzling stuff for hundreds of years that makes me think. So, It's interesting. But, as the slang goes, shit is getting real with the topic, and there's now laws about it.

If fraudsters are pulling stunts that get laws made and force the government to do work then the fraud people need to fail or be put in jail.

What could happen is the fraudsters forced the government to pass a law to disclose information. There will be no information which will then fuel the careers of the frausters as they can claim a coverup, etc.

Eric187

Banned
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And yea anecdotal evidence doesn’t count. Does Jesus exist? Santa clause? The tooth fairy?

TheAdlerian

Banned
u get this is neogaf right...........?
I love games, movies, comics, etc and I have three graduate degrees and an active career that is very interesting.

I don't have low self-esteem and call myself a loser or live in a fantasy world because I also have fun hobbies.

TheAdlerian

Banned
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And yea anecdotal evidence doesn’t count. Does Jesus exist? Santa clause? The tooth fairy?
If the pentagon says they have legit images and evidence, they will have me on the hook.

However, I'm betting that does not happen.

Eric187

Banned
And I’ll add one more thing before I leave this thread. I served in the military. I have friends who served in security at the NSA in ft Meade. When I joke to them about the ufo subject they laugh and tell me we should be a lot more worried about Russia or China. I’m sure whatever we’re seeing is definitely coming from one of the two. It is serious and is a National security threat. It is not an extraterrestrial being.

TheAdlerian

Banned
And I’ll add one more thing before I leave this thread. I served in the military. I have friends who served in security at the NSA in ft Meade. When I joke to them about the ufo subject they laugh and tell me we should be a lot more worried about Russia or China. I’m sure whatever we’re seeing is definitely coming from one of the two. It is serious and is a National security threat. It is not an extraterrestrial being.
I have the same kind of friends but haven't talked to them much about it.

If it really is another country with these machines, it's extremely serious.

If it's guys trying to promote a TV show, that is also extremely serious in the Boy Who Cried Wolf vein.

Romulus

It's the typical bait and switch. Pretend to be open-minded, objective etc, then reveal you're a raging narrow-minded individual when the conversation evolves.

Oddly, the piggybacker came out of nowhere with an oddly extremely similar mindset and nonsensical thought process. Just when the entire thread was turning against him. Interesting. Now we have to wait until the pretend conversation stops.

Last edited:

Eric187

Banned
I have the same kind of friends but haven't talked to them much about it.

If it really is another country with these machines, it's extremely serious.

If it's guys trying to promote a TV show, that is also extremely serious in the Boy Who Cried Wolf vein.
Yea I wouldn’t bring it up. I’ve only done it once because I know they have security clearances that could jeopardize there careers. But they do find it funny that people actually consider ufos a actual threat when we have real terrestrial threats. Like that cyberattack on the US pipeline. These are real threats that actually effect us.

Eric187

Banned
It's the typical bait and switch. Pretend to be open-minded, objective etc, then reveal you're a raging narrow-minded individual when the conversation evolves.

Oddly, the piggybacker came out of nowhere with an oddly extremely similar mindset and nonsensical thought process. Just when the entire thread was turning against him. Interesting. Now we have to wait until the pretend conversation stops.
If your assuming we’re the same person I can assure you we are not. So put forth this proof of extraterrestrial life please because I’ve been waiting my whole life to see it. Nobodies narrow minded here. Just more experienced then you in sniffing out bullshit

RAÏSanÏa

Yep, there's offering opinion/discusion, then when it becomes clear it's part of a ongoing, deeply held mission with life statement it becomes activism.

Romulus

Yea I wouldn’t bring it up. I’ve only done it once because I know they have security clearances that could jeopardize there careers. But they do find it funny that people actually consider ufos a actual threat when we have real terrestrial threats. Like that cyberattack on the US pipeline. These are real threats that actually effect us.

He alt. I want you to better explain why we should stop searching for life on Mars when we search everywhere on earth all the time, volcanoes, deep sea. Put it to me simply because I'm admittedly slow. Please don't make fun of me though because I understand I'm slow and just need help.

Romulus

If your assuming we’re the same person I can assure you we are not. So put forth this proof of extraterrestrial life please because I’ve been waiting my whole life to see it. Nobodies narrow minded here. Just more experienced then you in sniffing out bullshit

Again. Nonsensical. If there was definitive proof, we wouldn't be having the conversation, Alderian. But I'm glad we have people like you that show up periodically that understand all anomalies and have friends in the NSA and military, and also have several degrees.

Eric187

Banned
He alt. I want you to better explain why we should stop searching for life on Mars when we search everywhere on earth all the time, volcanoes, deep sea. Put it to me simply because I'm admittedly slow. Please don't make fun of me though because I understand I'm slow and just need help.
Well why would we use our archaic technology when we could use ufo technology? Why would NASA hide the fact we could use an antigravity device to get there much faster and cheaper? Tell me? You seem to think you know all the answers.

Eric187

Banned
Again. Nonsensical. If there was definitive proof, we wouldn't be having the conversation, Alderian. But I'm glad we have people like you that show up periodically that understand all anomalies and have friends in the NSA and military, and also have several degrees.
Show me proof if not just stop talking about the subject. You have no proof. Nothing. Do you also believe the United States has come to agreement with every country in the world to keep this a secret? Or is it they only visit America?

Romulus

Well why would we use our archaic technology when we could use ufo technology? Why would NASA hide the fact we could use an antigravity device to get there much faster and cheaper? Tell me? You seem to think you know all the answers.

Doesn't make any sense what you're saying. Yeah, you're definitely Alderian's alt.

I asked you a question about searching on mars for life, which you brought up. Now you're talking about antigravity? What?

Last edited:

Eric187

Banned
Also when NASA makes a discovery like maybe water on one of Jupiter’s moons it’s worldwide news. Do you understand this? And yet you think somehow the government knows aliens exist and are keeping not only from the civilian population but NASA also? I guess they just don’t want to hurt NASA’s feeling right! 😂

Eric187

Banned
Doesn't make any sense what you're saying. Yeah, you're definitely Alderian's alt.

I asked you a question about searching on mars for life, which you brought up. Now you're talking about antigravity? What?
Are you that slow? Why if we knew alien life existed would we be spending billions of dollars going to Mars? Damn dude you are slow

Romulus

Also when NASA makes a discovery like maybe water on one of Jupiter’s moons it’s worldwide news. Do you understand this? And yet you think somehow the government knows aliens exist and are keeping not only from the civilian population but NASA also? I guess they just don’t want to hurt NASA’s feeling right! 😂

Who are you talking to? I never said NASA knew there were aliens. What?

Romulus

Are you that slow? Why if we knew alien life existed would we be spending billions of dollars going to Mars? Damn dude you are slow

So, we know there is life on Earth, why are we still searching for new species? Let's say we knew NASA had this information of aliens(ok lol), suddenly all the rovers and searching would end right? We don't care about other species or fossils or anything because we know there are aliens right? Is that how it works?

Eric187

Banned
So, we know there is life on Earth, why are we still searching for new species? Let's say we knew NASA had this information of aliens(ok lol), suddenly all the rovers and searching would end right? We don't care about other species or fossils or anything because we know there are aliens right? Is that how it works?
No this is how it works. Does the government deny dinosaurs existed? No because we have fossils. Proof. Now why would they hide the fact extraterrestrial life exists? They wouldn’t because they have no proof it ever existed.

Eric187

Banned
Your NSA friends? Or maybe all your military pals?
No one does it’s a joke to them because people like you live in a fantasy land. You think you know it all because you watch a few YouTube videos but in reality you know nothing. You have no proof of anything yet you say it exists? So tell me this expert does Santa clause exist? Or trolls? Or the tooth fairy? Or Bigfoot? If so put forth the proof.

Romulus

No one does it’s a joke to them because people like you live in a fantasy land. You think you know it all because you watch a few YouTube videos but in reality you know nothing. You have no proof of anything yet you say it exists? So tell me this expert does Santa clause exist? Or trolls? Or the tooth fairy? Or Bigfoot? If so put forth the proof.

I would have never thought that a random gaf guy would have the answer to all these different government UAP programs from all over the world. But in reality gaf has the most insider knowledge I've ever seen, so it makes sense you would know. All I can really say is thank you for enlightening me Alderian alt.

Eric187

Banned
I would have never thought that a random gaf guy would have the answer to all these different government UAP programs from all over the world. But in reality gaf has the most insider knowledge I've ever seen, so it makes sense you would know. All I can really say is thank you for enlightening me Alderian alt.
Come back when you have proof later.

Romulus

Come back when you have proof later.

Never claimed anything as fact. Ever. As I told you from the beginning, you lack the ability to discern the difference between things. You see what I'm saying as an absolute, when in fact it's just a discussion. Keep it up, alderian.

Eric187

Banned
Never claimed anything as fact. Ever. As I told you from the beginning, you lack the ability to discern the difference between things. You see what I'm saying as an absolute, when in fact it's just a discussion. Keep it up, alderian.
Dude who is this alderian? Can you not see my username? Damn are you that paranoid? Do you really think only one person on the entire planet would share this same sentiment? Anyway no offense but you seem too far gone for me. Have these conversations with one of your other personalities.

Eric187

Banned
And I just entered this thread today so tell me what do you think? Explain why you think extraterrestrial are visiting earth but somehow being covered up?

Romulus

Dude who is this alderian? Can you not see my username? Damn are you that paranoid? Do you really think only one person on the entire planet would share this same sentiment? Anyway no offense but you seem too far gone for me. Have these conversations with one of your other personalities.

Right. "Too far gone" yet proceeds to quote me again right after and start a conversation. I'm slow, 'gone' yet adamantly continues to pursue me. :)

Ok Alt.

StormCell

I do not respect people that find this topic fun.

If you want to find it fun, then great. However, it's a very serious matter involving laws, the military, national threats, etc and literally, only a retarded child would find it fun.

It WAS a wacky topic over a year ago and then it got real.

Perhaps you need to take life seriously. It's an absolute waste of time watching these videos with "experts" when you know they work for a bigfoot company. I have serious things I do for work and in my spare time and I'm watching these fucking liars for an hour.

You should take a look at what's important to you in life.
I'm genuinely sorry you're underappreciated in this thread. You can be pretty heavy handed in your opinion, but then you raise very good points. For instance, we're all sitting in this topic having fun, but some very serious stuff is going down out there in the real world. It's not every day that the government is legally forced to divulge what it knows on a topic of this level of importance, and for said government to, with a serious face, state that it both knows about this topic and cannot explain this topic. We're over here having fun when the topic being discussed could have very dire consequences for the population of this planet. Historically, when a technologically superior population arrives, the technically inferior are wiped out or enslaved (or both).

But let's keep having fun!

Romulus

I'm genuinely sorry you're underappreciated in this thread. You can be pretty heavy handed in your opinion, but then you raise very good points. For instance, we're all sitting in this topic having fun, but some very serious stuff is going down out there in the real world. It's not every day that the government is legally forced to divulge what it knows on a topic of this level of importance, and for said government to, with a serious face, state that it both knows about this topic and cannot explain this topic. We're over here having fun when the topic being discussed could have very dire consequences for the population of this planet. Historically, when a technologically superior population arrives, the technically inferior are wiped out or enslaved (or both).

But let's keep having fun!

He never took any of it seriously. The pilots and investigators in the most credible UFO cases he disparaged, not to mention several people in this thread with name-calling and bragging about degrees and accomplishments. That has no place here, and is far beyond heavy handed.

StormCell

He never took any of it seriously. The pilots and investigators in the most credible UFO cases he disparaged, not to mention several people in this thread with name-calling and bragging about degrees and accomplishments. That has no place here, and is far beyond heavy handed.
I agree that it really doesn't have a place here. It's just that in my experience, this type of person will usually come around if you show them some respect and demonstrate (train) them how to treat you in return. I understand that he has disparaged much of the most credible evidence we have, but then I'm intrigued by his take and feel that there is some truth to his observations.

While I don't necessarily agree with his take, I do find it very interesting. I do sense that it's not being taken very seriously or being given the caution and tone you might expect, you know, if they found a mile-wide asteroid on a course for Earth. I can't help but wonder about that myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom