• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you even post this without proof or references or anything. You just dropped it here as if it was definitive proof of something and for all we know it's most likely a website looking for ad money.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
The only hopeful thing happening now is the Galileo project from Avi Loeb. Hopefully it finally gets proof.

Last edited:

INC

Well no ones been able to debunk the nimitz incident yet.......even the big skeptics have yet to debunk it, other than saying its a glitch in all military equipment and the 4 pilots were all wrong

But thats hardly a smoking gun still.

Still waiting on nasa to say and show anything.

Not looking good, see you in another 50 years I guess

Romulus

How do you even post this without proof or references or anything. You just dropped it here as if it was definitive proof of something and for all we know it's most likely a website looking for ad money.

References? Proof? Like you want me to dig up each one of them saying it on camera? Even then, how would you even know it's true? Or you want me to track down the source of each statement? Lol good grief no one said it was "definitive" but if it interests you that much do it yourself, it doesn't me.

INC

One of last few legit youtube channels that still posts ufo videos, I sure some are still cgi etc etc, but at least look real as in it was filmed

References? Proof? Like you want me to dig up each one of them saying it on camera? Even then, how would you even know it's true? Or you want me to track down the source of each statement? Lol good grief no one said it was "definitive" but if it interests you that much do it yourself, it doesn't me.
Then why even post it? There aren't any resources, nor does the article show when the interview took place and has no author credit.

Ballthyrm

The Galileo Project public announcement​

The Galileo Project follows three major avenues of research:
1. Obtain High-resolution, Multi-detector UAP Images, Discover their Nature
2. Search for and In-Depth Research on ‘Oumuamua-like Interstellar Objects
3. Search for Potential ETC Satellites

Live right now of the announcement

Romulus

Then why even post it? There aren't any resources, nor does the article show when the interview took place and has no author credit.

Because people are into different things? Maybe I don't have time to dig all that up but someone else does. Here's the info, ignore it, confirm it, debunk it, or shoot the messenger I guess. Believe it or not, but dropping a link on the internet doesn't really mean much, I'm not rewriting the formula.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Big brain time: why would aliens even come here? Would we care ourselves to send ships that cant communicate back because of time and distance? Whats the point really?

Romulus

Big brain time: why would aliens even come here? Would we care ourselves to send ships that cant communicate back because of time and distance? Whats the point really?

What's the point in scientists studying for nearly a decade just to go dig up some dirt in some wasteland somewhere? Travel time is merely a point of perspective. Why would we bother studying the moon in the 1920s if it would take a plane 30 years to even get there? Not that it would even work in the first place. It only seems impossible because you live in the now, same as 200 years ago, so many "impossibles" that were proven wrong.

Last edited:

Razvedka

Banned
Various reasons:

1. A scientific study of us, as an intelligent race. In this scenario let's say they've been observing a couple centuries.

2. Life seeded. They engineered us, maybe partly in their own image, maybe not. Why? Unknown. Because they could? Because there's a valid super-science reason beyond our comprehension? We are an uplift/exultation experiment. In this case, they've always been here from our perspective.

3. Resources. Basically Earth has something they want or need- maybe it's us. This can be as simple as ore, water, or gas or more esoteric. Think "spiritual", if DeLonge, Vallee, & Davis are to be believed. Note this isn't mutually exclusive from the others, in particular #2.

4. They're not extraterrestrial, they've always been on earth and this isn't a matter of traveling.

And obviously these answers all work regardless if they turn out to be interdimensional beings or not.

StormCell

Why wouldn't they be able to communicate back? When we send probes to other systems, we will probably utilize quantum communication to cut down on the lag due to distance.

Romulus

Hypothetical, but the bigger issue for me is why would they want to communicate? They see us divided on every possible front, religion, national, skin color, politics, yet at the end of the day, we're all pretty damn similar. They show up from another galaxy with a completely different culture and physical appearance and expect what in return? Sudden decency? Absolutely, but just so long as we can steal whatever tech they have and dominate financially and make better killing machines.

Good grief I can just imagine a debate where they considered "contact" years ago and just how ridiculous that would come off from a superior mindset perspective.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Why wouldn't they be able to communicate back? When we send probes to other systems, we will probably utilize quantum communication to cut down on the lag due to distance.

Because it would be thousands or millions of light years away from their home planet. By the time they can send back that humans are kinda dumb, the original home planet might have died out. But that's assuming light speed as a limit, I realise there might be some crazy dimension or warp space technology possible.

But if light speed is really the limit, would current humans spend crazy amounts of money and effort to look at some planet far away, only to get information back a million years after that generation itself has died?

StormCell

Because it would be thousands or millions of light years away from their home planet. By the time they can send back that humans are kinda dumb, the original home planet might have died out. But that's assuming light speed as a limit, I realise there might be some crazy dimension or warp space technology possible.

But if light speed is really the limit, would current humans spend crazy amounts of money and effort to look at some planet far away, only to get information back a million years after that generation itself has died?

Well, for starters, we're going to start with systems that we can travel to in mere years to decades. Current communications travel at light speed, so anything we can travel to we can communicate back faster than it took us to get there. Of course, the other factor currently is energy needed to communicate and bandwidth. At the present, it could take a decade to transmit 40 MB to Alpha Proxima.

But I suspect that by the time we are ready to send our first exo system probe, we'll have a better means of transmitting more data (at least more than 1 byte/sec), and despite any naysayers I believe that we will transmit data at far greater speed than light through quantum entanglement. It's just a matter of when and not so much if, I believe. There will be limitations, of course, and we may require a series of deep space communications arrays. But these first exo system probes are likely to look back at our sun to receive some form of radio communications (speed of light) and that's probably good enough for us to send simple data back and forth. The data we receive will take months to years going back and forth.

Romulus

this would be like sending a robot to the zoo for you, knowing it might send some photos back in a million years.

Yeah but that's using technology you know about currently. And don't give me the physics angle of it being impossible because they were wrong 200 years ago and they're wrong today,, only closer to reality. Same reason we have to build these massive particle colliders etc because we don't fully understand physics. All we can do is try to get close to a complete picture of how things work. I mean gravity is a basic pillar of the universe and we just proved it has waves recently. lol

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Yeah but that's using technology you know about currently. And don't give me the physics angle of it being impossible because they were wrong 200 years ago and they're wrong today,, only closer to reality. Same reason we have to build these massive particle colliders etc because we don't fully understand physics. All we can do is try to get close to a complete picture of how things work. I mean gravity is a basic pillar of the universe and we just proved it has waves recently. lol

Guess so, sadly we probably wont find out in our lifetime.

Last edited:

In reality it is nothing more than mankind's hubris that leads them to believe we are special enough that out of the incredible vast ess of space, we are important enough to be visited by extraterrestrials.

Either that or they want our sweet sweet resources and we are all doomed.

Romulus

Guess so, sadly we probably wont find out in our lifetime.

And maybe not even our grandchildren's lifetime. I suspect even after that, there will be huge efforts to suppress any hard evidence if it's ever released. I see flat earther types that will reject any evidence but on a much larger scale under the veil of conspiracy and funding. I don't see them as stupid as flat earther though, just similar in that they will reject science to maintain their version of reality. In fact, I see a fair amount of intelligent people siding with conspiracy theories if aliens are ever proven.

Last edited:
My Brazilian coworker brings this case up from time to time. She says it's well known there but no one talks about it in the states.

I know about this story back to back. The bad news is that the man in charge of the operation become mentally unstable some decades after (in the nineties) where he started giving interviews pretty much making stuff up all the time. He eventually killed himself too.

This thread and whats gone on the last two years with the uap nonsense with false narratives has reaffirmed my belief that this planet has never been visited by any extra terrestrial beings or craft. I would hope something would prove me wrong....but ive seen a lot of nothing

Last edited:

Romulus

I wouldn't mind seeing this other video of the tic tac

3g1wx1ocend71.png

MilkyJoe

Well no ones been able to debunk the nimitz incident yet.......even the big skeptics have yet to debunk it, other than saying its a glitch in all military equipment and the 4 pilots were all wrong

But thats hardly a smoking gun still.

Still waiting on nasa to say and show anything.

Not looking good, see you in another 50 years I guess

Take my word for it, it's true, all of it...

MilkyJoe

Well you're just as known to me, as all involved with the Nimitz, so sure, why not

That's the problem isn't it, you're only going to believe with your own 2 eyes. This is too big to comprehend for you and 4k up close video will not be enough to convince you. If you you can't accept FLIR videos, officially released by the government and pilot testimonials as telling the truth, then you have to accept that until you see it, there's no point in berating people that know something you don't. Might I suggesting pulling your head out of your phone and looking up, it's the first place to start.

INC

That's the problem isn't it, you're only going to believe with your own 2 eyes. This is too big to comprehend for you and 4k up close video will not be enough to convince you. If you you can't accept FLIR videos, officially released by the government and pilot testimonials as telling the truth, then you have to accept that until you see it, there's no point in berating people that know something you don't. Might I suggesting pulling your head out of your phone and looking up, it's the first place to start.

Huh?

StormCell

I wouldn't mind seeing this other video of the tic tac

3g1wx1ocend71.png

That's intriguing. It raises some interesting questions. If there are really pitot tubes on these tic tacs, you arrive at the possible conclusions that maybe these are originating from somewhere on Earth or that some other alien civilization also came up with pitot tubes. Could be merely very similar in look and design, but the set of implications that go along with either conclusion is incredible either way.

Last edited:
That's intriguing. It raises some interesting questions. If there are really pitot tubes on these tic tacs, you arrive at the possible conclusions that maybe these are originating from somewhere on Earth or that some other alien civilization also came up with pitot tubes. Could be merely very similar in look and design, but the set of implications that go along with either conclusion is incredible either way.

Eh, a pitot tube is a straightforward application of Bernoulli's equation. It's 18th century-level, at least if you are one of those enviable polymaths who figured those things out with primitive equipment and, even relative to today, mathematical brilliance.

StormCell

Eh, a pitot tube is a straightforward application of Bernoulli's equation. It's 18th century-level, at least if you are one of those enviable polymaths who figured those things out with primitive equipment and, even relative to today, mathematical brilliance.
We're talking about possibly an advanced alien civilization with pitot tubes on the bottom of their probe, though. It would at least be kind of cool to see someone else from another planet come up with something similar.

Romulus

Just watched the interview with yet another pilot involved in the same tic tac case. I'll put a link at the bottom of the post.
This is the guy that actually recorded and named it tic tac, Chad Underwood.

So, some cliff notes of the interview:

1)The video of the tic tac shooting to the left. Underwood took the recording and confirms it moved in such a way that no known aircraft could. He is absolutely certain of this, it was not normal by any stretch of the imagination.

2) After it accelerated, he lost radar contact on the object, and so did the ships nearby which have insane tracking range.

3) He states this was not an allied secret black project. He states that he's been involved with that process before after witnessing a secret craft and he had to sign an NDA and do an interview. This did happen in this case. None of the pilots had to do the secret craft NDA process with the tic-tac.

4) He confirmed the object had radar jamming capabilities

In law, they talk about building a case with "layers" of expert witnesses. We're beyond that at this point, especially when you take into account the radar operators.

Last edited:
These photos taken across multiple decades look kinda similar... Simple shapes, but their middle-section bulges really get the noggin joggin.
Source for the Hessdalen picture is this report, which basically describes today's UAPs. I hate to admit it but the blinking lights description and picture series looks exactly like the video released by Jeremy Corbell last month.
My Brazilian coworker brings this case up from time to time. She says it's well known there but no one talks about it in the states.
824IKzb.png

Lots of interesting events throughout this project.

vdHnpbd.png

Nimitz:
n85LJS2.png

And the tic-tac picture:
Cdhbysv.png

Romulus

That's that sort of discussion I think people like to ignore. Consistency and similarities over decades and all over the world. I just think about all the WW2 pilots from different nations that said orbs of energy("nazis" that are now "russian" secret craft) followed bombers on missions and would outmaneuver the support fighters. Theyre all is lying/mistaken i guess. Lol.

Or, maybe there's another mass conscious effort? people are desperately fighting to maintain their version of reality under the veil of "skepticism", in which is that humanity understands everything, but somehow we're wrong about basic science pillars of science today, in "modern" times. And yet we conclude complexities that are so far outside our understanding that its downright laughable.

Last edited:

INC

That's that sort of discussion I think people like to ignore. Consistency and similarities over decades and all over the world. I just think about all the WW2 pilots from different nations that said orbs of energy("nazis" that are now "russian" secret craft) followed bombers on missions and would outmaneuver the support fighters. Theyre all is lying/mistaken i guess. Lol.

Or, maybe there's another mass conscious effort? people are desperately fighting to maintain their version of reality under the veil of "skepticism", in which is that humanity understands everything, but somehow we're wrong about basic science pillars of science today, in "modern" times. And yet we conclude complexities that are so far outside our understanding that its downright laughable.

Maybe as a species we need to believe in a higher consciousness to guide us forward, before we used gods from the heavens, to push understand forward and evolution to where we are today, now we use science and ufos as our new gods, to push evolution forward, and to the next step. Maybe we are all subconsciously projecting this shit out ourselves........

Maybe its a next gen mk ultra

Or all BS

Or exactly what it looks like

Or mass incompetence for 100s of years

Simulation world sounds less far fetched, considering the options, and the state of literally everything these days

Part of the problem is that foo fighters were replaced in the public consciousness by flying saucers, triangles and to a lesser extent cigars. I think even Hynek ended up moving orbs to the bottom of his UFO list.
75 years later, orbs are cool again... I imagine a whole bunch of ufologists are going through their files again, focusing on orbs and lights that may have been ignored in their previous research in favour of discs and triangles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom