• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just talking about phenomena in general. Things that happen that we simply can't explain because our understanding of science is far too primitive. Even 500 years from now we'll likely still be an incredibly primitive species.
Yeah. We know so little, for sure. And no amount of learning will shrink the size of the unkown. The more we learn, the more we'll realize that the limits of what can be known are forever stretching out and there are mysteries that are forever impenetrable.

A.Romero

There is not that much that a powerful country can hide from other, honestly. At least not in terms of military tech. They all know how advanced each of their enemies are because they are willing to pay for that knowledge.

If UFO theories are started by the government is to hide the weapons from common people.

Also that same lie would be a vulnerability because I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be pissed off that so much money is being invested towards technology without oversight. It would be chaos. On top of that a lot of private companies investing to develop tech would be pretty upset knowing they wasted so much capital trying to develop shit that is already outdated by government standards. I'm pretty sure a foreign power would turn that into a scandal pretty quick.

It would be crazy.

noonjam

Persistent Pursuit of Unexplained Aerial Phenomena. Following a bipartisan oversight hearing on Unexplained Aerial Phenomena, the bill is carrying a bicameral provision mandating intelligence sharing with the Department of Defense’s UAP task force. The provision will ensure that the task force will be able to fully draw on all classified reporting about UAPs as they continue to investigate this mysterious threat to U.S. airspace and our military forces.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I got encounter in Rendlesham Forest on Audio book. wow , I would recommend anyone who is into this subject to get hold of it.

the book is really well written and tries to just give the facts as they were without going too into (it was aliens!!!)
it details the accounts from the eyewitnesses, give background information about the location, timeframe (cold war era)

Nick Pope is the main writer of the book. he is really qualified and knows his stuff.

I find this an endlessly fascinating subject,
there have been many books written on this incident.

Lord Hill-Norton took a particular interest in the Rendlesham forest case. In late December of 1980, several US servicemen witnessed UFO activity over a two day period near the bases of RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge, both on lease by the US from the UK. The Rendlesham forest surrounds the bases. One of the witnesses included Deputy Base Commander, Charles Halt, who was ordered to forwarded a memo on the incident to the MOD.
In a response dated October 22, 1997 to Minister of State for Defence, Lord Gilbert, who claimed the Rendlesham sightings were not of interest, Lord Hill-Norton wrote:

My position both privately and publicly expressed over the last dozen years or more, is that there are only two possibilities, either:
a. An intrusion into our Air Space and a landing by unidentified craft took place at Rendlesham, as described.
or
b. The Deputy Commander of an operational, nuclear armed, US Air Force Base in England, and a large number of his enlisted men, were either hallucinating or lying.
Either of these simply must be ‘of interest to the Ministry of Defence’, which has been repeatedly denied, in precisely those terms. They, or words very like them, are used again in your letter and I believe, in the light of the above, you would not feel inclined to sign your name to them again.

new information has come to light that the object was spotted on Radar

anyway I am sure it was just the lighthouse in the area, that the group of personal on the base (which allegedly housed Nukes, during the cold war) mistook for a UFO and ran around the English countryside for three nights

Last edited:

Romulus

Pretty interesting. The newest briefing has officers from different nuclear silos across the world stating similar occurrences. An object with the technology they cannot explain disabled their nuclear weapons.

Pretty interesting. The newest briefing has officers from different nuclear silos across the world stating similar occurrences. An object with the technology they cannot explain disabled their nuclear weapons.

Has the documents concerning this briefing been released? Link?

Razvedka

Banned

This story is actually decades old, they're just reiterating it again since the public/gov is more 'interested' in the conversation.

Romulus

I'd like to hear more about the Russian side of this. The unknown object supposedly started a countdown to launch their missiles and stopped at the last moment. lol

GloveSlap

Lmao I would love to hear more about that. They must of a sense of humor to troll like that.
I've long thought that "for fun" was a perfectly reasonable motive for why UFOs do a lot of the things they do. They would most likely be a post-scarcity civilization with tons of time on their hands. Why not joy ride at the zoo? We would.

ManaByte

Gold Member

america dun GIF

Romulus

Interesting consistency over the course of years

Mexico 2006

Mexico 2017

Mexico 2020

Canada 2021

Oklahoma 2021

Last edited:

Mexico 2006

Wasn’t this one confirmed to be a witch costume on a drone?

The others seem somewhat compelling that it could be an entity. I’ve always thought that interdimensional beings might actually look like something out of neon genisis.

Romulus

Wasn’t this one confirmed to be a witch costume on a drone?

The others seem somewhat compelling that it could be an entity. I’ve always thought that interdimensional beings might actually look like something out of neon genisis.

Could be, I just find it odd that the 'drone' looks so similar to other sightings. And a 2006 drone?

Last edited:

INC

Should check out "ufo and volcanos" on prime, there's shit loads of videos, and not seen any decent explanations for them yet

Should check out "ufo and volcanos" on prime, there's shit loads of videos, and not seen any decent explanations for them yet
I will check this out. Seems like they live in our waters and cave system. Considering how much has actually explored it’s said there’s enough room to build cities in cave systems. I can only imagine what they could have done in the oceans. What if it’s like how one piece is with the fish people lol

Volcanos probably a good entrance door considering their vehicles can pass through water with no splash. The speed they travel may could break down the physical aspects of the ship to phase through the lava or whatever, idk lol I’m just spitting stuff out for ideas.

Romulus

You won't see a good explanation either, we simply have no idea what they are. The part that is really compelling is alot of the footage comes from scientific observators already documenting the volcanoes. You can always argue that something is cgi though.

SiteSeer

Mexico 2006

Mexico 2017

Mexico 2020

Canada 2021

Oklahoma 2021
looks like a mylar balloon remotely controlled with a some micro drone or some such. i mean if you wanna hoax something, at least put some effort into it, give it a glow or lighting or make it fast moving. this is some amateur shit.

Last edited:

Romulus

looks like a mylar balloon remotely controlled with a some micro drone or some such. i mean if you wanna hoax something, at least put some effort into it, give it a glow or lighting or make it fast moving. this is some amateur shit.

2006 mexican mirco drone?

INC

You won't see a good explanation either, we simply have no idea what they are. The part that is really compelling is alot of the footage comes from scientific observators already documenting the volcanoes. You can always argue that something is cgi though.

Plus they're infra red and standard, most aren't visible unless infra red, which is very interesting

Romulus

rc vehicles have been around a long time, any clever diy builder can make one miniaturized, even in *gasp* 2006. not to say the ufo phenomenon is not real but there are a lot a lot of hoaxes.

Yeah, not saying its not a drone. I just thought drones were ultra-expensive and rare even in 2012 in the US, much less Mexico in 2006. And if the propellers are spinning, why isn't anything moving to display such? Just seems like its likely something else explainable or even unexplainable

SiteSeer

Yeah, not saying its not a drone. I just thought drones were ultra-expensive and rare even in 2012 in the US, much less Mexico in 2006. And if the propellers are spinning, why isn't anything moving to display such? Just seems like its likely something else explainable or even unexplainable
current generation drone technology is all about stable flight, the drone uses software and sensors to be able to hover in place against high winds and such. this wasn’t available to consumers in the early 2000s as far as i know. but anyone with a little knowledge can hook up a battery pack with some small (hidden) propellers and a large balloon and some rc functions and hoax these videos. also note how out of focus and low resolution these videos are, lots of shenanigans can be had with such poor quality video ‘evidence’.

don’t get me wrong, i am fascinated by the ufo phenomenon and i love hearing stories about it but truthfully there is a lot of bs out there on this subject.

Last edited:

Romulus

but anyone with a little knowledge can hook up a battery pack with some small (hidden) propellers and a large balloon and some rc functions

So maybe the propeller inside it or outside? In this video, it seems more likely it's just a balloon floating around but it avoids obstacles and is obviously under control, but I'm not sure where the propeller would be even if it's a grainy vid. It comes within inches of touching the ground. However, in other videos it can move much faster and way higher so it's being propelled for sure.

Last edited:

SiteSeer

So maybe the propeller inside it or outside? In this video, it seems more likely it's just a balloon floating around but it avoids obstacles and is obviously under control, but I'm not sure where the propeller would be even if it's a grainy vid. It comes within inches of touching the ground. However, in other videos it can move much faster and way higher so it's being propelled for sure.

who knows? does it matter? maybe it was hanging from a string? as long as i can figure out a single way a video could be faked then i'm gonna doubt it. if you want to convince me of a sighting or encounter the evidence or testimony better be solid.

Romulus

who knows? does it matter? maybe it was hanging from a string? as long as i can figure out a single way a video could be faked then i'm gonna doubt it. if you want to convince me of a sighting or encounter the evidence or testimony better be solid.

All good, but I think it matters or you wouldn't have responded. It's just a discussion, no need to be absolutely right or wrong on the first guess that's what's interesting about it. A string but it's going under power lines? Ok, let's assume there are no obstructions, now it's a string from what, another drone? You said it was an easy amateurish hoax, just trying to figure it out if it's that easy why is it different explanations? The drone one makes no sense in this version, but yet other videos with very similar structures those "ufos" those are actually drones. Just doesn't add up that some would be drones and other more high-speed versions wouldn't be. If I had to guess to make sense of it all? CGI.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

ALIENS are from future Earth timelines. They are humans from far into the future. The ufos manipulate the space/time continuum to travel long distances in an instant.
Time travel is real. Multiverse timelines are real. The truth is coming

Romulus

ALIENS are from future Earth timelines. They are humans from far into the future. The ufos manipulate the space/time continuum to travel long distances in an instant.

I'm sure the truth is some wild shit that will take wanna be experts a long time to accept, but none of that is known at this point.

Last edited:

INC

Thats just as realistic as the story of all religions on earth. Or the comet that wiped out the dinosaurs was a piece of Mars, that was exploded out into space, from the last race on Mars, who destroyed themselves, and the bacteria on that comet/piece of Mars was what spawned up. So we're all aliens already. Massive glass fields are apparently found on Mars, that only occurs from massive heat, like a nuclear bomb.....

Or its all a simulation

Who knows lol

MilkyJoe

I'm sure the truth is some wild shit that will take wanna be experts a long time to accept, but none of that is known at this point.

If they are from the future, wouldn't they travel back to the same location that they left, and if so the earth and our solar system would be nowhere near it would be in the distant future...

MilkyJoe

Why do Mexican phones only film in 240p?

Romulus

If they are from the future, wouldn't they travel back to the same location that they left, and if so the earth and our solar system would be nowhere near it would be in the distant future...

I have no idea. The time traveling element seems far fetched to me, but most of that is my ignorance on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom