• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

A new machine-learning algorithm, written by an undergraduate student at the University of Toronto, Peter Ma, has cut through the terrestrial noise to uncover eight currently unexplained radio signals, each with some hallmark of bonafide extraterrestrial chatter.

Ma first fed his algorithm with simulated signals, training it to recognize what we think an alien radio signal might look like — one that exhibits Doppler drift incurred by the rotation of the transmitter and the receiver on rotating planets, and which also displays a clear on-off pattern when the telescope is moved away from the target star. If a signal really is just terrestrial interference, then it shouldn’t exhibit Doppler drift, and in principle should disappear when the telescope is moved away from the target.

Then, he unleashed it on 480-hours’ worth of data collected from 820 star-systems by West Virginia’s Green Bank 100-meter radio telescope. This amounted to millions of radio signals, mostly spurious, but once the algorithm had ruled out the terrestrial radio frequency interference (RFI) and astrophysical noise, eight candidate signals remained. These seem to be coming from five star -systems, all between 30 and 90 light years from Earth.

Efforts to re-acquire the eight signals identified by the algorithm with Green Bank have so far failed. That doesn’t mean anything. All it tells us is that whatever the origin of the signals, they are not persistently switched on. It’s possible they will forever remain a mystery, like the Wow! signal of 1977. Either way, they’ll soon be joined by more: if the algorithm can detect eight signals in a relatively small dataset, just wait for what it will find when it’s let loose on data from one of the big next-generation radio telescopes, such as the ngVLA (Next Generation Very Large Array) or the SKA (Square Kilometer Array).

I think the WOW signal came from a passing alien ship exploring the galaxy, not a permanent civilization, which is why it hasn't been heard since. I also believe Bob Lazar

Last edited:

noonjam

Simon & Schuster imprint Gallery Books has won a bidding war for North American publishing rights to a twist-filled true story rooted in intrigue surrounding a U.S. Air Force program.

The logline for the memoir by Scott Andrews takes some time to unpack, but it’s a doozy. Andrews is a former senior U.S soldier and decorated intelligence officer who conducted global counterterrorism operations on behalf of the United States during a 36-year military career. Shortly after returning from an overseas mission, he began to suffer from rare, life-threatening ailments that defied medical explanation. Rather than succumbing, he instead began to experience special, inexplicable abilities such as remote viewing, and his body began to heal, baffling doctors.

As he sought more information about his health, Andrews came across a file compiled for him by his late father. It contained records from a past he did not remember, including documents indicating he was removed from school for weeks every year, from the first through 12th grades. The records also contained a shocker, that he received an honorable discharge from the U.S Air Force and worked in space intelligence communications as a minor. Andrews maintains he has no memory of having served in the U.S Air Force.

Last edited:

DosGamer

I saw this and a few people were saying it was stationary and moving with the wind... I'm not good at dissecting things like that, but if the plane that took the pic is going a decent speed it would make sense that this thing in the video isnt.
Who in the world knows what these things are, but I 100% believe that most of our technological advancements are due to aliens giving us technology.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Reversed engeneerd technology most likely. They don't care. Exposure is minimal and speculative. The only "alien" angle in all of this are previous humanity's that survived very recent cataclysmic events and have "treaties" which share tech with who knows for what purpose.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
When entertaining the moon map hypothesis the concept of "aliens" becomes much more grounded and all that entails. I've posted lots of video's concerning it's subject but apparently beyond current imagination drones are far more engaging.

Last edited:

Smoke6

Would if the aliens turn out to be humans? Someone said this I’ve read before and it’s bothered me ever since how kind blowing that would really be outside of martians.

Bragr

Banned
In my own mind, UFOs being aliens are probably the least likely explanation of all.

Imagine aliens so advanced they can travel faster than light. Yet they dont have a way to observe humans other than to send in big bright metallic disks.

Imho the more plausible explanations are:
Unknown human technology
Interdimensional incursions
Glitches in the matrix
Time travellers
Fallen angels
So aliens are unlikely, but interdimensional incursions are not?

In my own mind, UFOs being aliens are probably the least likely explanation of all.

Imagine aliens so advanced they can travel faster than light. Yet they dont have a way to observe humans other than to send in big bright metallic disks.

Imho the more plausible explanations are:
Unknown human technology
Interdimensional incursions
Glitches in the matrix
Time travellers
Fallen angels
I think they are probes. From a civilization a little more advanced than us, just where they figured out how to send out a few scarce probes to habitable worlds. its not some giant super advanced star trek civilization. just some curious beings sending out unmanned probes. We’ll do the same thing if we get advanced enough technology to visit extrasolar worlds in the habitable zone of their host stars.

Razvedka

Banned
I saw this and a few people were saying it was stationary and moving with the wind... I'm not good at dissecting things like that, but if the plane that took the pic is going a decent speed it would make sense that this thing in the video isnt.
Who in the world knows what these things are, but I 100% believe that most of our technological advancements are due to aliens giving us technology.
If you watch this carefully, there's (seemingly) a second UFO that flies away from the plane towards the end just as the silver one is passing.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
The Jorge Arteaga footage is amazing. Truly remarkable if it is real.

It reminds me of Bob Lazar during the 90's when he said these things move upwards upright, and move at slow speeds at 90 degres but when they want to move fast they tilt on their side and fly with their belly first. It's interesting to see the shape of this one cause it kind of looks like it is doing that.

Romulus

There's something to it but I'm inclined to entertain this whole phenomena is a psy op that's been long in the works. With that said ofcoure there's room for margin but still...

Psy ops since ww2? Pilots from all sides of the war were reporting being followed by objects with performance that didn't make sense. How are they all in on the same psy ops across nations, eras, and professions?

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Psy ops since ww2? Pilots from all sides of the war were reporting being followed by objects with performance that didn't make sense. How are they all in on the same psy ops across nations, eras, and professions?

Where do I start. Oke pilots. They're on a need to know bases. In regards to your post it seems your inclined your'e opering from within the paradigm thats nations are a thing. Its like theater. Think about it like England and Germany (Russia as well) found the greater Earth and WW1/2 was about gaining land.

I know you wont but

I highly recommend his videos

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Where do I start. Oke pilots. They're on a need to know bases. In regards to your post it seems your inclined your'e opering from within the paradigm thats nations are a thing. Think about it like England and Germany (Russia as well) found the greater Earth and WW1/2 was about gaining land.

I know you wont but

What the fuck is this nonsense?

Romulus

Where do I start. Oke pilots. They're on a need to know bases. In regards to your post it seems your inclined your'e opering from within the paradigm thats nations are a thing. Its like theater. Think about it like England and Germany (Russia as well) found the greater Earth and WW1/2 was about gaining land.

I know you wont but

So enemies conspired on the same story. Even Japan and the nazis reported the allies' accounts. And for some reason they just continued to tell similar lies
until modern times after all those other pilots children have died in many cases.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
So enemies conspired on the same story. Even Japan and the nazis reported the allies' accounts. And for some reason they just continued to tell similar lies
until modern times after all those other pilots children have died in many cases.

Well the NWO has allies so it's a who knows kind of thing. Don't think lives matter

Just doesn't make sense. Conspiracies spanning decades and across enemy lines. Everyone just got together and agreed to tell the same lies when normally they can't even agree on anything lmao
This thread is literally insane, it’s incredible what people believed here.

Last edited:

noonjam

Sheehan represents Lue Elizondo, who ran a previous incarnation of the UFO office called AATIP until 2017. The attorney is also launching a watchdog charity pushing for greater government transparency on UFOs. Sheehan said that some of these half-dozen whistleblowers briefed the staff of Senate committees dealing with military intelligence even before the NDAA passed, and may have even been the inspiration for Senators to include the 'reverse engineering' language. 'There are half a dozen of them that have already gone and talked to them,' he said. 'The Senate staff people were reaching out to some others.' Sheehan represents Lue Elizondo, who ran a previous incarnation of the UFO office called AATIP until 2017. He quit the office, citing in his resignation letter the failure by the DoD to take seriously incursions on US airspace by unidentified objects Sheehan says witnesses who allegedly know about Roswell-style programs, including a former Defense Intelligence Agency director, have been referred for interviews with the Pentagon's UFO office, the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom