• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Story Trailer

MNC

Wish we got a game more in the style of Alien, instead of Aliens. Also, is this looking more stylish (cartoony?) than before?

Wish we got a game more in the style of Alien, instead of Aliens. Also, is this looking more stylish (cartoony?) than before?

it does look a little cartoonish now that you mention it. huh.

and yeah, I would love a game in the style of alien. it's one of the reasons I love dead space 1 so much, they almost captured that style and feeling but then you become a complete bad ass soon enough and the game loses all tension.

Cardon

Story looks like it'll be a mess. That and the fact that they still haven't shown in any form stuff that they were working on nearly a year ago (stealth like sections, facehugger encounter) has me worried as to what was chopped and whether or not this is merely going to be a MP driven experience.

DieH@rd

Banned
I dont have much faith in this project. Shame. Gearbox knew long time ago how to make great FPS singleplayer campaigns [Opposing Force].

ironcreed

Banned
Broliens: Colonial Bros. LOL, just kidding. Hoping for the best because I love Aliens. I will probably check it out at some point.

Looks cool. I get a Halo CE vibe sort of, and I know Halo is inspired by Aliens so no need for the "Aliens came first stupid" comments.

eshwaaz

I really want this to be good, but every gameplay video has left me flat. Shooting looks really weak; no physicality or sense of impact.

I love the fact that this game is based on the Aliens movie. One of my all time fav movies. I really hope they use hudson's one liners in this game. Day one for me!

ironcreed

Banned
The Aliens do look awesome. They nailed the look, and from the looks of it, their behavior. Half the battle won right there. Just give us some solid FPS mechanics, a great atmosphere with some really tense moments and I can probably overlook any ham-fisted shooter tropes that may arise.

Killzig

Disappointing that Sega chose to complete this over the Obsidian RPG. This looks about as generic a shooter as you can get these days.

"Meh" would be a good, concise description for this. Feels like a game that should have came out 2-4 years ago. Eh, I'm open-minded... we'll see.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
game looks too well lit, also the models and textures look a little rought around the edges, the characters look a bit borderlands, either way if it plays nice and has a lot of tension count me in.

i hope it is like infestation where they make you care about lost team mates etc.

on the one hand I am getting hyped to fuck about this game on the other, i cant help but think this is going to be a bit of a let down.

Hickee

As soon as I seen Hicks I knew it had to be Michael Biehn, they used his likeness in Alien 3 without his consent and the dude made about as much money from that as he did from acting in Aliens.

Day 1 for me, massive fan and surely it can't be as bad as the last AvP.

Xater

Meh.

I ams till not convinced about the quality of this game. It just seems like a generic shooter with Aliens setting. They don't even use stuff that is unique to Alien, like the acid blood, to make for some interesting mechanic that is not in every other FPS.

Ah jeez, doesn't look so hot.

But too late now, I already pre-ordered.
You can't back out of a pre-order, society would collapse!

I hope it purposefully goes off the rails at the end, and lets you fight an
alien-ized space jockey and hyper-queen
like Alien: Infestation did.

Adam Blue

Too be honest, I wasn't that blown away from what I played at the Gamestop Expo. Still fun, but Gearbox + Aliens + development time should = amazing.

As for the story, Sega and WayForward did an amazing job with Infestation. They even created some amazing characters. I'm still unsure if Colonial Marines is supposed to be a parallel story or an alternate take on it. Whatever the case may be, the characters seem very underwhelming compared to infestation.

Mr Swine

Banned
Ah jeez, doesn't look so hot.

But too late now, I already pre-ordered.
You can't back out of a pre-order, society would collapse!

I hope it purposefully goes off the rails at the end, and lets you fight an
alien-ized space jockey and hyper-queen
like Alien: Infestation did.

Aren't rumors circulating the web that
we do get to investigate the Jockey ship and fight a Xenomorph burst from a engineer?

Haunted

That looked better than I expected.

I guess they realised they had to do something to separate themselves from the human campaign in Aliens vs Predator. I also like the stylised characters, they're just on the precipice of the uncanny valley.

Looks decent, although I feel like they overreacted a bit when fans asked them for women in the game. We're pretty close to release now and a few bits look a title rough. Still plenty interested in the final game though. Gearbox is generally a solid developer and they've had plenty of time to get this right.

FoneBone

it does look a little cartoonish now that you mention it. huh.

and yeah, I would love a game in the style of alien. it's one of the reasons I love dead space 1 so much, they almost captured that style and feeling but then you become a complete bad ass soon enough and the game loses all tension.
Creative Assembly is supposed to be developing that.

Looks like shit.

The sad thing is that it´s Aliens, so they got me by the balls, i´ll probably check this out anyway (at bomba price).

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I am thinking of picking up the AvP game again on the 360 just to have something to play, anyone know if there is any DLC for the game?

pretty sure I can get it in CEX or game for under £10. what is the general view on this? yes or no?
Edit: I didnt mind the marine campaign, I remember MP having no one online at all.

it's either this, or pick up Alien breed Trilogy (yeah i know it has nothing to do with the alien franchise) or play infestation again.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I want this to be good since I love Aliens and Gearbox but I just have trouble feeling it'll be anything more than average.

As soon as I seen Hicks I knew it had to be Michael Biehn, they used his likeness in Alien 3 without his consent and the dude made about as much money from that as he did from acting in Aliens.

Day 1 for me, massive fan and surely it can't be as bad as the last AvP.

Did he ever make any cash from Metal Gear?

This actually doesn't look too bad.

Top Bottom