• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All banned 360s get unbanned for a few hours and then rebanned, cause unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinan said:
Oh my, so many people were banned since then... Just from people in that thread:

fistfulofmetal, Costanza, Firewire, Yoboman, Seiken, and many, many more...

I just find it really ironic that "TrueReligion" is banned. Just the name, not the user.

I really couldn't care less about the banned people. I figure the feeling is quite mutual.

As for MS unbanning consoles: it's amazing to that there even is a master switch in the system for banned consoles. Unless they are running out of serial numbers, there really would be no reason to bring back permanently banned consoles.
Are we sure there this wasn't just a mistake by an employee?

Wolves Evolve said:
So whats the score with Dragona and Segata leaving? I liked those guys.
You step on someone's shoes, they step back. You cry and complain.

It's a community. You can't love everyone in any community. Even those with authority will be hated, and at times not so openly until they're gone.

Classic case of barking through the fence.

Kinan said:
Oh my, so many people were banned since then... Just from people in that thread:

fistfulofmetal, Costanza, Firewire, Yoboman, Seiken, and many, many more...
Yoboman just got banned a few days ago in the McDonalds 2 on 1 beating thread, i don't think its perm.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
The Faceless Master said:
Yoboman just got banned a few days ago in the McDonalds 2 on 1 beating thread, i don't think its perm.

Damn Costanza, what was the cause of his final demise?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Corky said:

Plotting to raid the forum with his RB buddies.

The real loss is TheGreatDave, who didn't have much to do with it but got roped in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Corky said:

Rockband 2's breaking up of the Rockband... thread.

Firewire and Seiken are perma? Weird as I remember them before I became a junior, became a member and now they're banned. :/

Andrex said:

The real loss is TheGreatDave, who didn't have much to do with it but got roped in.

Well at least they went with their respective franchises. RIP.

JRW

I dug out my banned 360 from the closet when I heard about this lastnight (non - jtag) It let me on XBL but it wasnt 100% normal, If a game had any updates it would give an error code when attempting to download them, Other people reported the same. (which of course prevents you from playing it on Live).

But if a game didnt need an update then it would let you go online with it.

This 360 barely reads discs anymore so back to the closet it went I just wanted to see if it was true, I have another unmodded 360 ive been using for a few years.

Jarate

Banned
with regards to people talking about the Rock Band thread

14256qo.jpg

im not going to comment further since it's a fairly sensitive issue, I will tell you this though

there was no planned "raid"

A lot of members got banned for overreacting

both sides probably overreacted

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Andrex said:
No. He left of his own accord.

I didn't think Dragona was my favorite mod to be sure, but she did give me my awesome tag so... *shrugs* Her mass bannings in women driver threads was pretty hilarious too.
I sort of think my tag proves she never really liked me, since it more or less is an insult.

FLEABttn

Banned
Wolves Evolve said:
So whats the score with Dragona and Segata leaving? I liked those guys.

Neither liked the level of discourse going on here. iirc Dragona wanted certain changes to be implemented but was either shot down or they came too slow.

Segata left for someplace worse and stopped posting there, though he was often guilty of exactly what he would complain about.

In regards to the OP, sounds like a simple mistake. Or someone on the Live team has a sense of humor.

xemumanic

I dunno if anyone has mentioned this possibility but...........maybe they implemented some new DRM, possibly related to the new copy protection they're beta testing with those Halo Reach discs, and that the revocation list has something to do with it.

itxaka

Defeatist
Andrex said:

Wasn't TheGreatDave the guy who defended Activision and constantly said that they weren't driving the X Hero brand into the ground?

Jarate

Banned
itxaka said:
Wasn't TheGreatDave the guy who defended Activision and constantly said that they weren't driving the X Hero brand into the ground?

I wouldn't say he was defending it

He was more or less saying what activision was doing was the same as harmonix

Grecco

itxaka said:

No he was just some dude with terrible taste in music.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
itxaka said:

Actually that was probably me.

You can see why Dave and me were buddies.

DogWelder

Drkirby said:
It does, but it says Hentai, which I don't think there is many ways to take that as not being an insult.

I do like how it looks though.
How is it an insult if it's a factual descriptor of you?

I really liked red scarlet, awesome metroid prime and Persona threads, what happened to him (her?)? Also Segata was fun in the sega discussions.

I was a lurker when Crush was famous with his gifs I had great laughs as a lurker becuase of him), then entered the forum (directly as member) sometime before he was banned.

Its sad to sometimes see permabanned or gone users that were fun or interesting to read.

Heysoos

flintstryker said:
so what really happened here guys?

For some unknown reasons, Xbox 360s that were previously banned for having flashed disc drives were allowed onto Xbox Live for a couple of hours. If they tried playing a game that required an update, they wouldn't be able to, but if the game didn't have any updates they could play that game online. A few hours later, consoles were re-banned.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
I really liked red scarlet, awesome metroid prime and Persona threads, what happened to him (her?)? Also Segata was fun in the sega discussions.

I was a lurker when Crush was famous with his gifs I had great laughs as a lurker becuase of him), then entered the forum (directly as member) sometime before he was banned.

Its sad to sometimes see permabanned or gone users that were fun or interesting to read.

Red Scarlet was one of the only mods I noticed as actually participating in mega threads (L4D2) which was cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SpacePirate Ridley said:
I really liked red scarlet, awesome metroid prime and Persona threads, what happened to him (her?)?

We can't discuss that.

qq more

Andrex said:
No. He left of his own accord.

I didn't think Dragona was my favorite mod to be sure, but she did give me my awesome tag so... *shrugs* Her mass bannings in women driver threads was pretty hilarious too.
LOL I remember that topic back when I was lurking for about a year or two.

Does anyone remember the mass bannings in the Epic Mickey thread? (Of course you all do!)

Apath

shagg_187 said:
Wait what? I never said you are, unless you forgot to switch accounts? :p

What I meant to say is that Dragona left GAF around the time Batman's account was approved, so unless he lurked GAF to the extend that he knows who, how and where she banned, or unless you got banned by her, you will not say Good Riddance.

I have nothing against Dragona or any other mod cause they all treat me nicely, and All the bans I've got are justifyable.

So... let me joke around with the alt account while it lasts? Oh wait, I killed the joke by explaining it...
As I'm sure you know a lot of people have to wait a very long time before they're approved. I wasn't approved until mid-late 2009, but I've been browsing GAF since before Halo 3 was even announced.

qq more said:
LOL I remember that topic back when I was lurking for about a year or two.

Does anyone remember the mass bannings in the Epic Mickey thread? (Of course you all do!)
*Awesome concept art is found*
Everyone cheers for what looks to be an awesome game.
*Game comes on Wii*
Everyone's hype drops to the floor, realizing that the game won't look like the concept art.
*People are banned*
Game does not look like concept art.

Neki

guys, get on topic before stump comes in here and closes the topic for good. :(

This is about Microsoft playing with our hearts, letting us believe that there was redemption, when there was truly only hell to be had. :(

VGChampion said:
Red Scarlet was one of the only mods I noticed as actually participating in mega threads (L4D2) which was cool.

Yeah, that why I like also Nirolak.

TheSeks said:
We can't discuss that.
:O

Kenak said:
*Awesome concept art is found*
Everyone cheers for what looks to be an awesome game.
*Game comes on Wii*
Everyone's hype drops to the floor, realizing that the game won't look like the concept art.
*People are banned*
Game does not look like concept art.

No, thats not really how it happened.
-Old artworks surface, its warned that its possible that the game doesnt look like that, only first tests.
-The game is confirmed for Wii, some people start to portbegging, not very much tough.
-New artworks released, show how the game will really look in the future. Some people say the old artworks were better (I digress)
-First images of a game unfinished and unpolished in beta. People start telling that the fault of all this is the wii. Starts massive port begging, insulting the wii at the same time.
-Here come the mods and ban all the people that were port begging, some people still do and more bannings are done.
-Theres a real discussion about the game and its graphics.
-New images and videos released, looks a lot like the OFFICIAL artworks, Mickey has ink flying out of him and the places look much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom