• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All in one soda machines are trash

20111012-FreestyleMachine-Main.jpg

Fuck these things, every time I get a soda from one it always ends up getting some residue of another soda in the line or spout so my regular coke will taste like cherry or vanilla coke mixed with Fanta or some shit.

Give me my soda machines with dedicated lines and spouts for each flavor. This is in example where technology takes us backwards, I'm willing to die on this hill.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I've never had a problem with the one near me. I like getting the zero calorie Powerade drinks, sometimes Coke Zero with vanilla flavoring.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I live in a third world country, so we only get the older ones where every flavor has its own spout. Hurray for old tech!
Big fast food chains will have the old school station with all the spouts because it can handle more people self serving themselves.

The fancy all-in-one pop machines are for smaller food joints who don't have tons of customers at once, or the space to have that 10 ft counter of spouts.

Last edited:

John Day

I agree with you 100%. You simply want coca-cola and it tastes like shit. I’m all for optios, but if you’re gonna put that in your establishment, put a regular aoda fountain next to it please!

-Arcadia-

Banned
I want to joke about Gaffers getting angry about progressively more ridiculous things, lol, but OP is right. In my limited experience, these really suck.

But they track our data and give us wonders like coke orange vanilla. The coke on those machines isn’t as good as McDonald’s but I’ll always take some peach cream soda

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I agree with you 100%. You simply want coca-cola and it tastes like shit. I’m all for optios, but if you’re gonna put that in your establishment, put a regular aoda fountain next to it please!
Makes sense for the taste mixing.

When I see these machines (not very often) I always try the oddball flavours you never get anywhere else like strawberry lemonade or Hi C grape. The flavours are so overpowering you can't even notice there's some drips of coke in it. But I can see anyone wanting straight up coke or sprite getting screwed.

Last edited:

TaySan

Banned
I like them in Jack in the box because they have some flavors that other places don't normally carry and it's convenient.

Grinchy

Banned
The only place I ever saw one of these was the AMC theater near me. I wasn't about to pay $8 for a fucking Coke to find out how good or bad the machine was.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The regular ones also tend to suck -usually not enough syrup and not enough fizz. Might as well get a choice of flavors for your low grade soda.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
What causes you to have other drink residue in your drinks? It feels like an upgrade for drinks

What causes you to have other drink residue in your drinks? It feels like an upgrade for drinks

I assume it gets like that from other soda's going through the same line and spout as other sodas to pour out. Old school machines have their own dedicated line and spout that's connected to the syrup mixture box.

Despera

Banned
They're good when your drunk ass trying to be creative. 90% of the time you just let it drain the previous flavor then get a nice half a cup of cola.

It ain't the best.

This is why you always bleed the line first to clear it - press the fill button for 1-2 seconds to flush out the previous drink and fill the line with yours. Then fill your cup.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Back when I used to drink soda, I used to love those machines! You could make some delicious flavor combinations. :)
I haven't had a soda since October of 2008. Sometimes I'll have dreams and nightmares about accidentally drinking one and then I feel extremely guilty until I wake up fully and realize it was only a dream

I vividly remember how fucking amazing sodas are still to this day. It's too bad they're like 36-48g sugar per 8oz can....

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

Fuck these things, every time I get a soda from one it always ends up getting some residue of another soda in the line or spout so my regular coke will taste like cherry or vanilla coke mixed with Fanta or some shit.

Give me my soda machines with dedicated lines and spouts for each flavor. This is in example where technology takes us backwards, I'm willing to die on this hill.

Saw one of those at Five Guys and that shit got on my nerves. I didn't even grab a drink, I said fuck it and took my mediocre food home and ate up with some tea.
Farmer Boys> Five Guys
Cry more.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
They are fucking amazing what are you on about? For customization purposes they are the best.

Azzurri

I love these things! You can get so many flavors not offered in grocery stores. Like Barques diet vanilla cream soda, or diet peach fanta.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Pick your drink and let a bit come out first (to wash residue away) before putting your cup underneath.

Top Bottom