• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All new Lupin III animated TV series coming in 2015, to air in Italy first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The show is to air on August 30th in Italy, complete with an Italian dub and an exclusive opening song. The show will run for 26 episodes, each one airing on a Saturday on channel Italy 1. In October, the show will come to Japan with the original Japanese voice cast retaking their roles. Yuji Ohno is to compose the soundtrack. The theme of the show has been described as more of a "red jacket" vibe, with Lupin and company performing heists around Italy alongside a new female lead, Rebecca.

tumblr_nscnxg6qPI1ra64mmo1_1280.png

A new Lupin III TV series is on its way to both Italy and Japan. The series features a blue-jacket wearing Lupin, much like in the recent Takeshi Koike spin-off feature film, The Gravestone of Daisuke Jigen.

The story of the new series will take place in Italy and San Marino. The series is set to have its world premiere on Italy's RTI channel next spring.

The show will feature a lovely new art style and much of the exciting, humorous hi-jinx seen in the 1977 - 1980 Shin Lupin series. It looks like all the gang will be making an appearance, including Inspector Zenigata and the Fiat 500!

Staff List:

• Studio: Telecom Animation Film
  • Chief Director: Tomonaga Kazuhide
  • Director: Yano Yuichiro
  • Producer: Yu Kiyozono
  • Writer: Takahashi Yuuya

Links:

So basically Italy is going to do what Toonami did with Space Dandy? Nice to see that the Italian fanbase is still going strong.

Slime

Banned
Fuck, mang.

Between G-Reco and this, it feels good having anime stuff to look forward to again.

I actually just finished rewatching the early 70s series and was about to start in the second one again. This gives me a little more motivation!

News straight from MIPCOM in Cannes, France:

Man, you are pretty jazzed about this news, aren't you? Your enthusiasm is all over the web! :)

I admit, I'm looking forward to the results also. I was even thinking earlier today, "I think it's safe to assume that if they haven't announced a new TV Special by now for 2014 it ain't happening." Then BAM! I was going to tweet about it and ta-dah! New series news to tweet about instead. A good day, I reckon!

Are we going to get Lupin I and II first

This crack doesn't seem to come up as often as I'd think it would. And we DID get Lupin I: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...d-keywords=arsene lupin&sprefix=arsene+lu,aps

Man, you are pretty jazzed about this news, aren't you? Your enthusiasm is all over the web! :)

I admit, I'm looking forward to the results also. I was even thinking earlier today, "I think it's safe to assume that if they haven't announced a new TV Special by now for 2014 it ain't happening." Then BAM! I was going to tweet about it and ta-dah! New series news to tweet about instead. A good day, I reckon!

Ha ha, thanks man! It's no secret that I'm excited for this. I have been hoping for a new TV series for years now. I wasn't blown away by Mine Fujiko, but this looks to be a lot more up my alley.

I saw my Twitter light up and the rest of my evening has been a blur. All plans of playing more 3DS Smash cancelled - for good reason!

I actually just finished rewatching the early 70s series and was about to start in the second one again. This gives me a little more motivation!

Well worth it! The Shin Lupin series is crazy addictive, although I think I do prefer the original that slight bit more.

Camjo-Z

I thought the Fujiko spin-off series had a great art style but I wasn't really a fan of the more serious tone, so it's awesome to see them going back to the Shin Lupin style. Also, digging the blue jacket!

EDIT: Wait, is Goemon going to be there or is this taking place before the gang meets him? I don't see him in the promo art...

Slime

Banned
Well worth it! The Shin Lupin series is crazy addictive, although I think I do prefer the original that slight bit more.

Yeah, I saw big chunks of Shin/Part II back in the 90s, but have never seriously watched it all the way through. I'm about half a dozen episodes into and it's just as fun as I remember it.

I'll always be partial to the original too, though. I just love the tone.

Clov

I wonder if it'll be airing in Japan around the same time as Italy, or if the dubbing will be all done in Italian first? Either way, I'd love to give this a watch. Neat seeing Lupin with a blue jacket.

kulapik

I never saw Lupin, but the funny thing is that the Italian opening song was used as the Spanish (and French too) opening of Captain Tsubasa. I might watch this one.

I've only ever seen (and loved) Castle of Cagliostro. Is there anything else Lupin as good as that?

The Fuma Conspiracy. Released straight to video in 1987. It's the odd one out, as it doesn't feature the original Japanese cast nor does it have the music of Yuji Ohno. That doesn't stop it from being a damn good film, though.

Trailer.

I don't know if anyone here saw it. It was just released in Japanese theaters in June.

It releases on DVD and Blu Ray in Japan on November 28th. :)

I heard mixed opinions on the theatrical release. Some cited it as a missed opportunity, while others enjoyed the animation and the action. The Live Action film was also a mixed bag. Critics generally seem to dislike it, while fans of the series have got a fair amount of enjoyment out of it.

I heard mixed opinions on the theatrical release. Some cited it as a missed opportunity, while others enjoyed the animation and the action. The Live Action film was also a mixed bag. Critics generally seem to dislike it, while fans of the series have got a fair amount of enjoyment out of it.
That's about all there is to enjoy in a Koike film.

Zetta

Fuck, mang.

Between G-Reco and this, it feels good having anime stuff to look forward to again.

My thoughts exactly, as well as the upcoming new Digimon season. This is the best news I've heard all day, now the awful wait time begins.

I've only ever seen (and loved) Castle of Cagliostro. Is there anything else Lupin as good as that?

If you can track them down, episodes 145 (Wings of Death- Albatross) and 155 (Farewell My Beloved Lupin) of the 2nd series were made by Miyazaki in the same style as Castle of Cagliostro.

As mentioned, the first and second series are great (slightly prefer the first), and First Contact is a good movie to start with.

LeleSocho

Banned
JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU FUKKIN KIDDING ME? BLUE JACKET AND AIRING HERE FIRST?

LORD PLEASE BRING BACK TO US ROBERTO DEL GIUDICE AND ENZO CONSOLI I WILL OFFER MY SOUL

LORD PLEASE BRING BACK TO US ROBERTO DEL GIUDICE AND ENZO CONSOLI I WILL OFFER MY SOUL

I'll be honest, I don't know too much about Italian Lupin. Well, other than the theme tunes, the fact most new material gets released there and even that there's an Italien shop dedicated to Lupin merchandise.

Did the original voice actors pass away recently? I'm incredibly saddened to hear that, if so. Have their roles been reprised since?

LeleSocho

Banned
Did the original voice actors pass away recently? I'm incredibly saddened to hear that, if so. Have their roles been reprised since?

It's been more than 7 years now for Lupin (Roberto del Giudice) and Zenigata (Enzo Consoli) and last year Jigen left us too (Sandro Pellegrini)
They replaced them obviously but it will never be the same...
They just can't be replaced since it's like they created these characters for the italian audience, maybe aside Zenigata the other two have an incredible voice->character association... when you hear their voices you just know that they are Lupin and Jigen. That's why i would give my soul to bring them back.

Man what a sad period of time has been for italian voice actors... the most noticeable and good ones are dying... and i'm not referring only to Lupin III.

this is awesome!
uk next pls bai

Agree'd! I was utterly shocked that we got Mine Fujiko on DVD and Blu Ray when it released. They even stocked it in HMV, too!

The only other Lupin stuff the UK seems to stock is Cagliostro and Mamo, both at HMV. I have managed to import 98% of the other films (thanks to eBay), but it sucks the series presence is so low key here. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom