• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All New Skyward Sword Info from GI + Nintendo

udivision

BY2K said:
Nope, the bird feet shield isn't new.
Oh, I guess I didn't notice it before.
Seems pretty weak (in terms of meter) unless the meter being a different color matters.

jett said:
I wonder what's the deal with all the shields, why would you need so many?
They get better.

Kard8p3

Well now that gameinformer has posted it themselves I'll just post the pic of the map

skywardswordtreasure.jpg

BY2K said:
Speaking of music, the Game Informer mentions that Skyward Sword has a FULLY orchestrated soundtrack. But some music, like Eldin Volcano, clearly isn't.

Does that mean the soundtrack is not complete and the midi music we sometime hear is placeholder, or does Game Informer simply has the wrong information?
That what I'm hoping if not the whole soundtrack but in some areas. For an example when he opens the chest and reveals an item that's all midi. That's a trademark zelda tune. They can't make a 20 second of less arrangement? In the e3 demo here they orchestrated this @ 5:19. To me that makes no sense to orchestrate that but not the treasure chest. Eldin Volcanos midi drums didn't sound too bad but that brass sounded horrid.

To answer the question, it will probably be a mix as we have heard already and like it was in galaxy. But lets hope they add a few more in before the game goes gold.

Kard8p3

BY2K said:
Looks huge.

I wonder what the big round cloud is hiding...

I've been wondering that since E3.

I think it would be cool if you could find the city in the sky from TP in this game. Even if it's just an easter egg I think it be cool to just see it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Smiles and Cries said:
thats a lot of shields, wish we had as many swords and tunics though

I would love to see RPG type upgrades back in Zelda

fixed.

Kard8p3

Alextended said:
I didn't even understand what the hell was happening with those blocks.

They're special blocks that you hit with the sword beam so they warp up to one of the islands in the sky and become treasure.

udivision said:
Did anyone notice Link had a new shield?

So far that's:
znmxwi.png

Wooden
Better Wooden
Purple
Bird Feet <= New one
Hylian
As posted a while back in this thread.
LXhIw.png

zelda-skyward-sword-shield-upgrade.jpg

SSShield2.png

SSShield.png

313klc7.jpg

shield-thumb.jpg

I think these are all the shields we've seen so far.

Kard8p3

Chet Rippo said:
As posted a while back in this thread.
SSShield.png

313klc7.jpg

shield-thumb.jpg

I think these are all the shields we've seen so far.

Seeing the shape of these three shields I wonder if they eventually become the hylian shield. It would make sense to not have the hylian shield early in the final game.

Poyunch

One thing I don't like is that the developers went with blocks to activate treasure chests. Why blocks? They're so boring. They could have gone with a statue or something but instead the developer decided to texture a block.

[Nintex]

PounchEnvy said:
One thing I don't like is that the developers went with blocks to activate treasure chests. Why blocks? They're so boring. They could have gone with a statue or something but instead the developer decided to texture a block.
Nintendo's Zelda team can do a lot like animations, graphics effects, shaders even so maybe they wanted to learn how to do these magical things called textures for a change. Because Twilight Princess still looks like they made one 100x100 texture and stretched it out over the entire game and that description is generous.

BY2K

Membero Americo
When I compare the scale of the world map to the scale of that multi-colored island thing we see on one of the Game Informer's screenshot, I realize just how huge the world map is going to be, holy shit.

BY2K said:
When I compare the scale of the world map to the scale of that multi-colored island thing we see on one of the Game Informer's screenshot, I realize just how huge the world map is going to be, holy shit.

I just hope that there are bigger uncharted islands towards the edges of the map. All the ones on the map look really small, and if they all as simple as the one he just landed on, it might get boring.

Sinoox

Banned
BY2K said:

It looks like the size of Wind Waker's map...maybe a little bigger?

Kard8p3

TheCongressman1 said:
I just hope that there are bigger uncharted islands towards the edges of the map. All the ones on the map look really small, and if they all as simple as the one he just landed on, it might get boring.

I'd guess there has to be a few places of substance in the sky. If anything I bet there's a nice place hidden within those clouds on the map.

Sinoox

Banned
TheCongressman1 said:

j783p.jpg

Well damn, looks like most of the islands are pretty small. But there are a lot of them....

jacksrb

New footage looks great!

Man, they are really taking everything they can from Wii Sports Resort:
- Flying controls (bird & beetle -> plane)
- Skydiving to the floating islands
- Swordplay
- Archery
- Bowling (bomb rolls)

Lunar15

One of my problems before was that the overworld music sounded a little too bombastic. This new video definitely alleviates my fears.

Also, if you listen closely, you'll notice that the orchestrated overworld song has pieces of that midi song that played during the flying contest during the E3 video.

Kard8p3

Lunar15 said:
One of my problems before was that the overworld music sounded a little too bombastic. This new video definitely alleviates my fears.

Also, if you listen closely, you'll notice that the orchestrated overworld song has pieces of that midi song that played during the flying contest during the E3 video.

Yeah especially right there before he jumps off the bird.

I've heard some complain that the overworld music sounds too much like Mario Galaxy but I think it fits quite well for the setting.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Kard8p3 said:
Seeing the shape of these three shields I wonder if they eventually become the hylian shield. It would make sense to not have the hylian shield early in the final game.
A very good guess in my eyes. One shield has the wings, the other has the body of the bird.

PounchEnvy said:
Maybe they're boxes so they're more unassuming and easier to hide?

MYE said:
Upper right corner.
Flying-squirrel like creature?

Well they said there would be flying enemies. What I'm wondering is how he will get out of there. I couldn't see any holes you could jump out of. Also notice when the beacon is placed the number is decreased on the upper right. I bet you have to upgrade your counter or something.

MYE

eti5wm.jpg

Hey, that island is pretty big :D

Sneaky Gato said:
Well they said there would be flying enemies. What I'm wondering is how he will get out of there. I couldn't see any holes you could jump out of. Also notice when the beacon is placed the number is decreased on the upper right. I bet you have to upgrade your counter or something.

oh, nice find

[Nintex]

This game really looks like Twilight Princess meets The Wind Waker meets Super Mario Galaxy and a whole bunch of new stuff. I for one can't wait.

Shiggy

[Nintex] said:
This game really looks like Twilight Princess meets The Wind Waker meets Super Mario Galaxy and a whole bunch of new stuff. I for one can't wait.

Where do you see Super Mario Galaxy in there? :D

Shiggy said:
Where do you see Super Mario Galaxy in there? :D

Probably because of all the open air + Wind Waker style travel to various separated areas. Since in this game you're in the air instead of the ocean, it's probably feels a bit like SMG to a lot of people (myself included).

Sneaky Gato said:

I'm guessing you'll have to climb down into the volcano and out through a hole to the grass on the left where the beacon is, probably ties to a statue location where you can get back up. But I'm curious how this skydiving works, can you miss the island entirely? are they all floating islands?

Shiggy

InfiniDragon said:
Probably because of all the open air + Wind Waker style travel to various separated areas. Since in this game you're in the air instead of the ocean, it's probably feels a bit like SMG to a lot of people (myself included).

You got a point there, now it reminds me a bit of Gusty Garden Galaxy.

Top Bottom