• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

NewDust

Wheels of Aurelia is supposed to run at 4k/60 on Pro. Does anyone know if the game was ever patched, or shipped with the Pro capabilites?

Magnus

Disappointed that so few games support HDR.

Also, consider my eyes fooled. FFXV looks straight up 4K (2160p) during daytime scenes. And it's only 1800c according to this? Maybe checkerboarding is awesome enough.

What's Horizon supposed to run at?

black070

Do I remember naughty dogs saying theyre gonna add further pro support than what they have to UC4?

I don't know bud, do you ? :p All we know is they scrapped their initial plans of checkerboard rendering as it caused performance issues, and instead went for a native 1440p resolution.

JP

Do I remember naughty dogs saying theyre gonna add further pro support than what they have to UC4?
I don't know if it will happen.

I believe the real issue with both of their games is that they're pretty much tuned to perfection without there being a lot of headroom for them so for them to get a really good Pro upgrade is probably going to take a lot of work on their behalf.

The Last of Us Part II is built withe the knowledge of the technology that's available to them so I'd image that something built with intent to offer improvements on the Pro won't be as fraught with issues by the time we get hold of it.

On the bright side, I don't see Naughty Dog being the sort of team that would want anything but the best from their games so I wouldn't be too surprised if we did get updates at some point, even if they are a while away. It could be as simple as the time that's available to them and the resources they're willing to invest in the titles.

I'm sort of half hoping that Sony/Naughty Dog is feeling generous and would be willing to enlist the skills of the trusted Bluepoint Games after their fantastic work on The Nathan Drake Collection. Again though, something like that isn't going to be cheap and to them, it may just not be worth their investment.

III-V

Disappointed that so few games support HDR.

Also, consider my eyes fooled. FFXV looks straight up 4K (2160p) during daytime scenes. And it's only 1800c according to this? Maybe checkerboarding is awesome enough.

Yeap

What does Ratchet's 2160ti resolution abbreviation mean?
Insomniac calls their method "temporal injection". They seem to have invented the term, but the method presumably is similar to temporal interpolation like Shadowfall, or derived techniques like checkerboard rendering. It's not known what the tradeoffs are, but Insomniac claims it produces better IQ than CBR. They're also using this method for Spider-Man.

Wheels of Aurelia is supposed to run at 4k/60 on Pro. Does anyone know if the game was ever patched, or shipped with the Pro capabilites?
I've found a Twitter post by the dev saying it would be patched "day 1", so I'm adding it to the list. If anyone owns the game and hasn't seen the patch, let me know.

Do you know what, I may as well just list ALL of the games from the PS4 Pro section as some may have been missed.
XCOM 2
This game was announced to get Pro support, but is most definitely still not enhanced for Pro—I've analyzed it myself based on the newest patch. So that makes the whole list a little suspect. I'm going to hold off adding any of these until I'm sent (or can find) some support for their upgrades.

Horizon will run at 2160c.

Blizzje

Insomniac calls their method "temporal injection". They seem to have invented the term, but the method presumably is similar to temporal interpolation like Shadowfall, or derived techniques like checkerboard rendering. It's not known what the tradeoffs are, but Insomniac claims it produces better IQ than CBR. They're also using this method for Spider-Man.

I've found a Twitter post by the dev saying it would be patched "day 1", so I'm adding it to the list. If anyone owns the game and hasn't seen the patch, let me know.

This game was announced to get Pro support, but is most definitely still not enhanced for Pro—I've analyzed it myself based on the newest patch. So that makes the whole list a little suspect. I'm going to hold off adding any of these until I'm sent (or can find) some support for their upgrades.

Horizon will run at 2160c.

Could you take a look at the PS4 and PS4 Pro screenshots for Yakuza 6? http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/12/12/yakuza-6-ps4-pro-vs-ps4-screenshot-comparison/

Regular PS4: 900p?
PS4 Pro: 1440? 1800?

halagaming

Neo Member
Taleworlds has added PS4 Pro support for medieval action RPG Mount & Blade: Warband in update 1.02.

"Its 3200x1800 with 8x antialiasing. We could disable AA for native 4K but it is important for M&B since it's models are very low-poly so we had to choose 1800p for best performance. Framerate is also higher on Pro about 50% thanks to the CPU frequency increase. If you play on 1080p screen, you'll get supersampling instead of high resolution image."

https://i.imgur.com/m8nDlPv.jpg

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=359373.new#new

https://twitter.com/MustafaKorkmazD/status/809697469483384832
https://twitter.com/MustafaKorkmazD/status/809697863550779393

Could you take a look at the PS4 and PS4 Pro screenshots for Yakuza 6?

Regular PS4: 900p?
PS4 Pro: 1440? 1800?
I added Yakuza to the list last night. Standard PS4 is 900p, Pro is 1080p. There's also some very slight improvements to the DOF effect, AO, and AF (probably mostly driven by increased sampling due to the res bump).

Note that this all only applies to running the game on a 1080p display, because the link you gave has screenshots at that size alone. They aren't supersampled, so it's not a case of higher output being squeezed down. But as we know, some Pro games run entirely separate modes when hooked to a 4K display. So there's a possibility Yakuza 6 runs at higher resolution in another mode. I'd need 4K screenshots to tell.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Huh .. bit disappointed Yakuza 6 only runs at 900p on the OG PS4. I sincerely hope the Pro does above 1080p on a 4K display. Would be a bit disappointing if 1080p is it's ceiling.

The Yakuza games have incredible detail, would absolutely love to have it on higher resolution.

q6y1khp.png

It's helpful to be able to search for particular games using your browser's Find function (typically <Ctrl+F>). However, the list entries are pictures, in order to provide better design options within the forum environment. This means the names appearing in those pictures can't be directly searched. Here's how to use Find anyway.

Simply quote the post you want to search, then hit <Ctrl+F> and enter your search term.

tutorial1bcjzz.jpg
tutorial2a5jnd.jpg

tutorial31xjcz.jpg
tutorial44njxs.jpg

Once your term is highlighted in the quote box, you can select everything above that and delete it. Then hit the <Preview Post> button to see the info for your searched game at the top of the page. (Be careful not to hit the <Submit Reply> button!)

tutorial5m3jtf.jpg
tutorial6mdk0z.jpg

tutorial7esjcg.jpg
tutorial82njy0.jpg

Here's a short animation showing the process.

tutorialanimyzk32.gif

Taleworlds has added PS4 Pro support for medieval action RPG Mount & Blade: Warband in update 1.02.
Added to the list, thanks a lot!

Sorry for the duplicate post. But I've now added instructions on how to search the lists, even though as a series of graphics they aren't directly searchable. The above tutorial is linked from the OP rather than included there because it contains a large GIF. This way, it will only be loaded if someone clicks through to see it, rather than slowing the load of the main lists (which are only going to get bigger).

I hope the search is helpful for people. I think this completes the addition of features for now...but if you have any suggestions, let me know!

What would really help now is people posting 4K screenshots, patch notes, developer statements, and impressions. That way I can continue filling in the missing data. A list of games that are said to have Pro improvements but which I need info on is in the OP.

Thanks to everyone who's already contributed, and will in the future!

FYI looks like my Knack pixel count was off as well lol. Also worth noting that the 4K mode has missing light sources and shadows.

Digital Foundry reports it's running at 3072x1728 (checkerboard).
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-play-knack-simultaneously-on-ps4-and-ps4-pro
Thanks for the update! I've made appropriate changes. While Digital Foundry's analysis is helpful as usual, I do believe they've made an error here. They say "It seems that dynamic shadows are limited to just one light source in the 4K output mode", but I disagree. The different lighting profile seems to be due not to fewer lights, but fewer shadow-casting objects (including Knack himself). Opening doors and gates don't throw dynamic shadows, not because there's fewer light sources, but because the doors and gates aren't opaque to the lights that are still there. Here you can see a floor reflection from a light source on the other side of a closed door:

knackcomp15ks9u.jpg

In a later section, it actually looks like there are more light sources, not fewer, because offscreen objects aren't shadowing the lights from hitting onscreen geometry:

knackcomp2sjsdj.jpg

In any case, all this seems restricted to the tutorial so there'd be very little effect on the game as a whole. More interesting is the high-res mode framerate, which I've changed to be "equivocal". This is because, while it generally runs worse than standard PS4, it doesn't drop as far; there's just as much judder, but it never seems to dip below 30fps. (I do agree with DF that a 30fps lock really should be available in this game!)

Piccoro

Replaced my PS4 for a Pro moments ago. About to try Trackmania in 4K! :)
Still have to download the rest of my games, though.

Tagg9

Thanks for the update! I've made appropriate changes. While Digital Foundry's analysis is helpful as usual, I do believe they've made an error here. They say "It seems that dynamic shadows are limited to just one light source in the 4K output mode", but I disagree. The different lighting profile seems to be due not to fewer lights, but fewer shadow-casting objects (including Knack himself). Opening doors and gates don't throw dynamic shadows, not because there's fewer light sources, but because the doors and gates aren't opaque to the lights that are still there. Here you can see a floor reflection from a light source on the other side of a closed door:

In a later section, it actually looks like there are more light sources, not fewer, because offscreen objects aren't shadowing the lights from hitting onscreen geometry:

In any case, all this seems restricted to the tutorial so there'd be very little effect on the game as a whole. More interesting is the high-res mode framerate, which I've changed to be "equivocal". This is because, while it generally runs worse than standard PS4, it doesn't drop as far; there's just as much judder, but it never seems to dip below 30fps. (I do agree with DF that a 30fps lock really should be available in this game!)

Good call! I completely agree with you.

Also, I can confirm that Yakuza 6 doesn't go above 1080p (at least in the demo). It's readily apparent just by looking at it, although I checked some screenshots as well.

Oneself

The Division:

Added support for PlayStation 4 Pro.
*Will render UI at 4k and Game at 1080p.
*Improves graphics settings to have better looking shadows and reflections.

The Division:

1080p.... Well.... At least it's better than Assassin's Creed Syndicate patch. Right?

Crumpo

I tried the pro patch for World of Tanks at the weekend...it is one of the more obvious improvements around. No more shimmering, nice clean lines.

The HDR implementation is one of the best I've seen-it doesn't crank brightness and colour up to 11, it actually dims it, but the skyboxes have so much more depth, as do the tanks themselves.

And it's free, so no harm in pro owners giving it a go!

Appleman

Just played through Until Dawn.... REAL shame there's no patch for it, pretty rough playing it on the Pro and having a very dodgy frame rate even though I know the hardware is there

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The AC Syndicate patch introduced instances of worse IQ, I guess that's what Jakartalado meant.
I'm surprised that hasn't been addressed yet, it's supposedly is a higher resolution but it looks upscaled, not even Sony lists it a Pro supported.
And Ubi is just walking around claiming it is.
I wouldn't be surprised if The Division isn't listed either, adding a 4k UI isn't Pro support.

Berserk and the Band of Hawk is 60fps and higher resolution on Pro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=790PMTzxMtQ
The Division:

RIGS for PSVR has received additional Pro support today. Bloom lighting has been added.
All added or changed, thanks!

Is there a list of games with no benefits/no downsampling on 1080p TVs?
There is precisely one game with no benefits on 1080p, World of Final Fantasy. (It's scheduled to be fixed by a patch on 1/12.)

As you noticed, games without downsampling when played on a 1080p display are tagged in the list. There are currently 9 such titles, but one of them is World of Final Fantasy which will soon be patched. Another is The Witness; due to the nature of the game's visual design, it probably has better IQ on 1080p displays as-is than if it downsampled.

Everyone who reads or subscribes to this thread and has a Pro, I'd be very grateful if you could go to the trouble of posting impressions, dev notes, or 4K screenshots of games. Ones I definitely have gaps on are listed in the OP. For screenshots, there's not a good hosting solution for 4K PNGs due to file size. So JPEGs are acceptable, but it's best to capture on PS4 as PNG and convert later. You can use image programs on PC, or hosting sites will often automatically convert.

Thanks to everyone!

mileS

Any word on Dishonored 2 being patched? Like you can only downsample it by starting it on a 4k display, and then swapping it out. Obviously a bug because I'm sure it would do a lot for the game on a 1080p display. That is completely backwards and boggles my mind.

I'm surprised that hasn't been addressed yet, it's supposedly is a higher resolution but it looks upscaled, not even Sony lists it a Pro supported.
And Ubi is just walking around claiming it is.
Well, Syndicate is a higher resolution (and is also upscaled). This by itself is not a problem, but Syndicate has two issues. First, it renders in anamorphic (horizontally squashed) shape. This approach has been used before with okay results, but Syndicate is strangely severe: less wide than it is tall, the exact opposite of a 16:9 game. This means it has to be stretched a whole bunch to be the right shape again.

And that brings up the second problem: when doing the stretch, it appears to use a nearest-neighbor algorithm. This is a very ugly version of upscaling for an 8/3 ratio, causing lots of artifacts. Using it makes no sense in this case.

I wouldn't be surprised if The Division isn't listed either, adding a 4k UI isn't Pro support.
There's more than just the UI changed, several graphical presets have been raised to more nearly match PC. There's no resolution change (when Pro could almost certainly handle it), but this appears to just be how Massive positions versions of their game. Remember that the Xbox One and standard PS4 versions are both "1080p" with essentially the same effects. Even on PC, there aren't a huge number of options to turn up. The dev seems to want their game to look much the same on all platforms.

Any word on Dishonored 2 being patched? Like you can only downsample it by starting it on a 4k display, and then swapping it out. Obviously a bug because I'm sure it would do a lot for the game on a 1080p display. That is completely backwards and boggles my mind.
No word, but I wouldn't expect anything soon. In the VR thread the Bound dev mentioned that their next patch just missed the last pre-holiday-break Sony deadline, and thus won't be out for several weeks.

Got Rise of the Tomb Raider and Deus Ex from the PSN deal that ended today and gave both a run on my 1080p screen. Deus Ex looked good, but not as sharp as I was hoping. Graphics look good, but not wow-inducing by any means. ROTR though, whew. Of the 3 modes available, I settled with 4k for dat SSAA goodness. Enhanced mode looks beautiful but blurry and jaggie by contrast. High Performance mode feels great but looks worse out of the 3.

Top Bottom