• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Street Fighter V DLC characters will be earnable free through gameplay

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Playstation Blog Update.

Just confirmed at the panel at EVO. Still ongoing but this is huge news and points towards the ideal LoL post-launch support model for fighting games.

Stolen from the other thread:

CKOdcPNUAAAq4Ot.jpg

CKOdwkGUMAE-uXS.jpg

lnm9Dr4.jpg

5jJE8E9.jpg

4IYsJcQ.jpg

Images courtesy of GAFer Unlucky and LI Joe.

How good this news is depends heavily on how much time you have to spend playing the game to be able to buy a character and how expensive a character is if you want to just buy them with real money.

Hope they let you try out the characters in a training mode esque setting before spending our fight money on them. That would be the cherry on top of this awesome news.

PSGames

How good this news is depends heavily on how much time you have to spend playing the game to be able to buy a character and how expensive a character is if you want to just buy them with real money.

My thoughts exactly. Why charge at all if its something anyone could do in a reasonable amount of time?

Here I was thinking Capcom would charge us 4.99 a character or something absurd like that. This will probably solidify a day one purchase for me. I wonder if sony had any influence on this decision...

Alec

Gameplay related content? So not costumes, maybe? They're not really "gameplay" related, I feel...

Tizoc

I suspect the in-game price of characters may be high, but discounted on release.
Really though if you play the game alot you're bound to have more Bison Dollars that you don't know what to do with them.

I suspect the in-game price of characters may be high, but discounted on release.
Really though if you play the game alot you're bound to have more Bison Dollars that you don't know what to do with them.

Well, look at popular Free2Play like LoL or Warframe or even Heroes of the Storm and you can have a good idea of the average new character at launch...

So basically the dedicated that were the most likely to buy the DLC anyway will be able to earn them quite easily.

Not bad.

I will guarantee you that this will not be the case for 99.9% of the players.

SkylineRKR

Yeah sounds great but if that means you have to grind arcade mode 100 times to buy a char or get it you might as well throw some cash.

Fat4all

Banned
So its the LoL route, where there's two currency types.

Good, I always liked that. The option to earn content for free is always good.

Tizoc

Well, look at popular Free2Play like LoL or Warframe or even Heroes of the Storm and you can have a good idea of the average new character at launch...

Oh I am well aware, I just said eff it and dropped 6K+ IP on the new LoL champ XD

Good news.

Only concern is that working to unlock said contentt will be an pretty long grind (Sin in GGXrd comes to mind), but we'll see.

Tizoc

^Not for me, Story mode is short at 3 hours-ish and earns you 100K Points
Then there's trials+Tutorial mode which covered the rest for me.

lol, shit yeah grinding in street fighter.

It's nothing new, MvC2 did this, and it was in the arcade ver. of the game to begin with.

Top Bottom