• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Jon Neu

Banned
so because he did research on how to design a non-sexualized female character and wanted the character to be a positive influence on the industry that somehow equals out to Neil being a cuck and inserting muh feminist propaganda into his game. Yeah, because that doesn’t sound completely insane or anything.

“Research”.

Yeah, Neil Cuckmann being a crazy third wave feminist who thinks Anita Sarkeesian is a modern heroine and her teachings have to be spread among his games is the definition of being a cuck and inserting muh feminist peopaganda into his games.

He literally tells you he is doing that, yet you get triggered at the mention that he is doing that

That’s the insane part.

sure him making trying to make a non-sexulized female character that he saw as a possible role model for his kid I personally think it’s dumb to use fictional characters as role model, but whatever) is a woke agenda.

Yes?

Again, he literally has told you he choose to design those characters in a non-sexualized way because of his politics and following the teachings of Anita Sarkeesian.

It’s literally the textbook definition of a political agenda. How is that so hard to grasp?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
AveragePhoenix AveragePhoenix

So, if I was hired to do a lawful task and went about it in an illegal way, I wouldn't be culpable? It'd be the fault of whoever hired me in good faith that I'd get the job done?

Sure Jan, tell me more.

Last edited:

Anya7890

Neo Member
Yes?

Again, he literally has told you he choose to design those characters in a non-sexualized way because of his politics and following the teachings of Anita Sarkeesian.

It’s literally the textbook definition of a political agenda. How is that so hard to grasp?
I mean how is different from designing a character inspired by myth or other characters? inspiration is kind of important in making something, especially fictional worlds. Honestly? I think Neil designs all of these buff ladies because he has a kink for them and most likely wants to be step on them so to speak.,But of course, he’s not gonna say that publicly.

But when I think of a political agenda both bad and good, I think of the life is strange games... the first one took its subject matter on bullying, date rape, etc. and actually talk about it in a meaningful way vs. lis 2 were we got such high class though such as and I quote “your the reason, we need to build that wall“ and a bunch of stereotypical racist hillbillies that walked off of a dead rising game. and since the last of us part 2 isn’t out yet, I can’t say if the “politics“ are organically woven into the story or are just spewing Twitter hot takes.

Jayjayhd34

I mean how is different from designing a character inspired by myth or other characters? inspiration is kind of important in making something, especially fictional worlds. Honestly? I think Neil designs all of these buff ladies because he has a kink for them and most likely wants to be step on them so to speak.,But of course, he’s not gonna say that publicly.

But when I think of a political agenda both bad and good, I think of the life is strange games... the first one took its subject matter on bullying, date rape, etc. and actually talk about it in a meaningful way vs. lis 2 were we got such high class though such as and I quote “your the reason, we need to build that wall“ and a bunch of stereotypical racist hillbillies that walked off of a dead rising game. and since the last of us part 2 isn’t out yet, I can’t say if the “politics“ are organically woven into the story or are just spewing Twitter hot takes.

The problem is anita sarkeesian shes absolute nut job i don't care what the character looks like myself can't grasp on idea of finding a character ''sexy'' but you've got respect some gamers do really care about this and while cant fully understand it i do see people really passionate about character designs and some ways do see there point.

Eiknarf

Banned
I preordered it but didn't rate it because I don't rate games I never played. Sony should make it so that you can't rate it unless you have played for a certain amount of hours.
Wait a minute! You can leave a 5 star review when you preorder the game, right?
So that means you can pre order the game, leave a one star review, and cancel your preorder, right?

Jayjayhd34

Wait a minute! You can leave a 5 star review when you preorder the game, right?
So that means you can pre order the game, leave a one star review, and cancel your preorder, right?

Yep but you've got wait for the refund and can only do on one account :messenger_winking_tongue:

You could do it thousands times if wanted but sony would just take it down

Last edited:

Woggleman

I hope people are not obsessed enough to buy the game, leave a one star review and then return it. Why would somebody even do something like that? I can understand fans who pre ordered rating it but why would a person hold that much of a grudge against a game they don't like?

Jayjayhd34

I hope people are not obsessed enough to buy the game, leave a one star review and then return it. Why would somebody even do something like that? I can understand fans who pre ordered rating it but why would a person hold that much of a grudge against a game they don't like?

it would have thousands of people even if you manage create all accounts and email to make a dent your card would be blocked for suspected fraud for making to many payments in short time.

Jayjayhd34

Yeah, I just feel the whole agenda thing is being overblown as well. Until I see someone from this game telling us about the evils of patriarchy or spewing out such other iconic Twitter hot takes, I can’t really call it woke trash yet.

Majority wont see it at all its those obsessed with there hatred towards sjws that see these things.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If you want a really solid indication of how dishonest this whole controversy is, consider the sheer volume of material leaked.

We are talking 90mins of material including the entire 15 min opening sequence which bridges in from the first game. this is high fidelity footage and its a good chunk of content mixing cut-scenes and gameplay.

Oh yeah, its all Joel too.

But hey, noone mentions or discusses it because it doesn't fit the narrative and even talking about it would severely weaken the case being made that the game is a total shit-show in terms of story and character.

Jayjayhd34

If you want a really solid indication of how dishonest this whole controversy is, consider the sheer volume of material leaked.

We are talking 90mins of material including the entire 15 min opening sequence which bridges in from the first game. this is high fidelity footage and its a good chunk of content mixing cut-scenes and gameplay.

Oh yeah, its all Joel too.

But hey, noone mentions or discusses it because it doesn't fit the narrative and even talking about it would severely weaken the case being made that the game is a total shit-show in terms of story and character.

Woops thought posted that out of spoiler thread my bad

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Woops thought posted that out of spoiler thread my bad

Oddly enough the bit I mention really only has spoilers for the first game in it.
To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it gets officially released at some point, it was a remarkably clean edit like professionally clean.

"I don't have to give these bitches $65 so that Neil Druckmann can get cuchy crums from a con artist" :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Why does Troy Baker care anyway, he is barely in this game?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You would both be culpable.

Nope. You'd have to prove conspiracy between the parties (to commit an unlawful act) and that's a whole other thing.

Not to mention that by doing so you just doubled your burden of reasonable doubt. See its much easier to prove that the party breaking the law simply overstepped, than to demonstrate that they knowingly and willingly did so under orders of a third party.

Last edited:

llien

Ok, so I've finally finished the TLOU and need to ask: who was lying in this thread that you play Ellie "for the half of the game"???
It's absolutely a game about Joel for me.
And as much as I enjoyed graphics and had fun killing enemies in different ways and with different weapons, the story was bad already.

I mean how is different from designing a character inspired by myth or other characters? inspiration is kind of important in making something, especially fictional worlds. Honestly?
The difference is, that instead of having variety of designs, when some western devs do this and some do something else, we have universal #taliban censoring.
And if one doesn't bent over backwards to fulfill demands of our Social Justice Overlords, see Kingdome Come: D for what happens.

This is the difference between "artists designed it" and communist party sex negative assholes demanded it be that way, because some dogmas.

Grinchy

Banned
This is random, but I saw this meme posted somewhere and it made me think of our dear, sweet Abby.

oRPmhfR.jpg

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So can we clearly divide naughty games in good/bad based on Amy Hennig work?
She worked on 1,2,3 and a part of uc4 right? That's why uc4 has some questionable decisions?
But she did not worked on TLOU1 and it's good... but also has some questionable choices

Anya7890

Neo Member
She worked on 1,2,3 and a part of uc4 right? That's why uc4 has some questionable decisions?
But she did not worked on TLOU1 and it's good... but also has some questionable choices
Neily D. Also work on uncharted one and two With Amy.

cormack12

Gold Member

I don't think it's that simple. I think a good creative team provided a balance to keep everyone's personal input overspilling which resulted in some great games. I think if you piece a lot of stuff together (books, articles, interviews) there seems to be a 'divide' in the office on certain directions the studio should be heading in general, or going for tonally. Basically 'Factions' to inject some puns into the mix. Unfortunately you only swim against the current for so long, as many of us who have been through various employment know.

I'm pretty much done with discussion around the leaks now. It's done, it's happened, let's wait and see. However, I will add one more thing and that is more of an observation for the future. If you want to distinguish your studio output as a deep, immersive, fusion of gaming, auteurism and emotional storytelling, it won't (and shouldn't) be judged in a vacuum. Being on the top rung of a short ladder doesn't mean you can climb mountains. And people in general need to consider and acknowledge that these works will be judged in the manner they present themselves as, or against the distinction they try to attain. At the moment, ND are in a phase where they seem to be beyond any sort of criticism, which isn't reality. ND fans are very quickly filling the gap left by FROM fans who can't hear anything negative about their favourite developers.

GymWolf

If drunkman and the 2 blondie girls can't convince you on why the story is good, nobody can...

I especially liked the part were they say this game honour ellie and joel...

Is honour some kind of technical term used during golf plays?

Last edited:

Woggleman

So far they have a great track record and since nobody has played TLOU2 the verdict is still out on it. I don't think any studio is above criticism but I am not going to trash a game for being woke when it isn't preachy in the least. Gays and strong women simply exist in this world and if that is considered political then maybe the SJWs have a point.

Nope. You'd have to prove conspiracy between the parties (to commit an unlawful act) and that's a whole other thing.

Not to mention that by doing so you just doubled your burden of reasonable doubt. See its much easier to prove that the party breaking the law simply overstepped, than to demonstrate that they knowingly and willingly did so under orders of a third party.
That's assuming Sony didn't ask them to take the videos down in the first place

My hope is that the switch to Abby is like the switch to Ellie in the first game. Switch to Abby for a period to humanize her and then switch back to Ellie for the finale. May be wrong but that is my hope. I'm still gonna play it either way but I will be sad if Ellie dies at the end.

This is assuming there is no actual footage of Ellie dying. I haven't followed this thread since the first couple of pages.

Eiknarf

Banned
So far they have a great track record and since nobody has played TLOU2 the verdict is still out on it. I don't think any studio is above criticism but I am not going to trash a game for being woke when it isn't preachy in the least. Gays and strong women simply exist in this world and if that is considered political then maybe the SJWs have a point.

I don’t think there will be an agenda.
But if there IS an agenda, you have to know that gays and trans are the minority, so why cater to the minority while abandoning everyone else? You’re only hurting yourself.

Do you know why blacks are called minorities? Because they only make up 13% of the population here in America, while whites make up like 65%. That’s the reason these all-black movies don’t make as much money. And it has nothing to do with skin color, racism, or hatred.. but culture - a lot of white people in the country don’t identify with those stories so they don’t see them. And when whites don’t see/pay for something, it doesn’t make money here.

So if you think 13% is a minority, which it is, just know that the LGBT community only makes up 4.5% of the population.

So again, I only ask IF this game is preaching and Social Justice Warrior-ing; Why make a huge sequel to a huge game just to satisfy that 4.5%?

Last edited:

Woggleman

If white people don't like black stuff then why does black music sell so well? Why are Will Smith and Denzel Washington huge box office draws? I know he is a scumbag but in the 80s the Cosby Show was huge amongst all groups. The point is that audiences are perfectly capable of enjoying stories about people that are different from them. Also if we want to get specific since women do outnumber men by a slight margin shouldn't devs be catering to them? Not saying they should but if it is about numbers then that is a good question.

Eiknarf

Banned
If white people don't like black stuff then why does black music sell so well? Why are Will Smith and Denzel Washington huge box office draws? I know he is a scumbag but in the 80s the Cosby Show was huge amongst all groups. The point is that audiences are perfectly capable of enjoying stories about people that are different from them. Also if we want to get specific since women do outnumber men by a slight margin shouldn't devs be catering to them? Not saying they should but if it is about numbers then that is a good question.
True about the music. Whites not only like but have been copying black music since forever.

Yeah I don’t know. I’m getting the game day-1.

I’m just wondering what has to happen in-story to make this sequel satisfactory or fail via preachy-SJW-ism?

I hope it’s all just exaggerated rumors

Eiknarf

Banned
Being I never had a PS3 and only got a PS4 last year, that’s when I played TLOU and TLOU Left Behind (which was on the disc. But I understand that it was originally downloadable content)

In other words I was late in playing them compared to all of you, So I gotta ask; was there this much “controversy” and whatnot when Left Behind came out?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
There are two stories that could work in this game.

1.- It would make the first 2 hours of the game to be a group of survivors from the fireflies looking for Ellie to capture her and use the hope of having the survival of humanity, where you would be hunting the infected and rebel civilians. After the act it would continue the chapter 2 (Part 2) where you control Ellie and Joel in their search for freedom and avoiding the clues or running away from the surviving group of fireflies (It would be a point of view from both controls, exchanging scenes from each other)

2.-
The other story would be that Joel and Ellie continue their path to freedom, at which point Ellie finds a refuge where they will spend the winter, due to food shortages. Joel goes in search of supplies and Ellie remains to stand guard, but at this moment The days that pass Joel does not return, Ellie goes to search Joel, and he is dead.
Ellie in her fury wants to investigate what happened, her only clue is an amulet broken that is on the ground and the rumor that it was 5 people who started killing Joel, then it would be the search for Vengeance, what happened in that event and investigate the whereabouts and names of Joel's killers.
You would control Ellie in her search and another part of the game You control Joel in the Flashback of the clues that happened in his murder and the last moments of his journey

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
In view of the fact that Sony, as always, disappoints fans and the poor reception

What a stupid dumb thread. Sony always dissapoints fans? LMAO

Poor reception? Game isnt even out yet but I can tell you it will be critically acclaimed and probably loved by fans.

Heimdall_Xtreme

What a stupid dumb thread. Sony always dissapoints fans? LMAO

Poor reception? Game isnt even out yet but I can tell you it will be critically acclaimed and probably loved by fans.
Let's be honest, the sequel is not going to be of the quality of The last of us 1, Many people based on YouTube did not like many details.

And well, it's an alternative story, of how you would imagine this sequel to be.

Heimdall_Xtreme

He doesn't like that Sony don't give a fuck about Gravity Rush. Saved you the time.
In fact, yes, I will not deny it, but it is the insult they made to the game's servers, for the bad decisions of the cross-game with Fornite to the fans, and the fact of not giving importance to an important Studio like Japan Studio .
But I will not stray from the subject.

MMaRsu

Banned
Let's be honest, the sequel is not going to be of the quality of The last of us 1, Many people based on YouTube did not like many details.

And well, it's an alternative story, of how you would imagine this sequel to be.

Lmao many youtubers believe corona vorus is a way for the government to control their civilians. People are fucking retarded.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Lmao many youtubers believe corona vorus is a way for the government to control their civilians. People are fucking retarded.
It may be, and you know that I prefer to judge the game by myself than to see the review gaming , but in this case, if the info that show is true, for me it is not what I expected

Last edited:
Top Bottom