• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

ruvikx

Banned
I saw the leak and its massive!

Stay out of this thread if you don't want anything being spoiled

You can't spoil something which is already rotten. I only half jest.

In all seriousness this is what happens when a product which has been near complete for a very long time is repeatedly delayed. Sony & Naughty Dog are reaping what they sowed. Especially Druckmann who is high on his own persona.

As for the spoilers:
Joel dying is something absolutely every single single movie & TV series has done a billion times already, i.e. "oh wow, father figure with a love/hate relationship with surrogate child dies! who didn't see that one coming!"

plushyp

Saw some of them thanks to spons spons posting the links and got to say this is massively disappointing. Joel is dead and this sets off Ellie on a revenge mission something that so many people speculated correctly after watching the reveal trailer from almost 4 years ago.

As for the spoilers:
You're right about your spoiler. I can't believe ND is playing it so straight.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Joel is still breathing in the video despite the heavy injures. Is there another video?

If this are the leaked videos i'm very disappointed. Nothing interesting.

Last edited:
This was the 4chan leaks a couple of days ago, btw:

3iWvSmJ.jpg

BKkTDFx.jpg

part of these leak are confirmed now with the videos, but not everything yet.
And that's it, skipping this one. It sounds really awful and cringy.

Skyr

Why are people saying that Joel is dead? I've seen the pipe beating video but he might aswell be alive???!?!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This game is gonna sell like crazy but if the leaks are real no one's gonna like it. 🤷‍♂️
If a slew of leaks came out today, more are ready to go.

No doubt this will push ND to release the game earlier. Don't be surprised if ND announces in the next week or two suddenly LoU2 has a release date, discs are pressed and ready to order online in June.

Regis

Joel is still breathing in the video despite the heavy injures. Is there another video?

If this are the leaked videos i'm very disappointed. Nothing interesting.

Yes
and Skyr Skyr NO

Dina says he died, along with Jessie, and she is pregnant
So thats the thing that doesnt add up with the 4chan leak

:messenger_ghost::messenger_ghost::messenger_ghost::messenger_ghost:

LOOK ABOVE, 4chan leak guessed some things right, but not everything
Dina being alive at what it looks like the final stages of the game doesnt add up, but yeah, Joel died

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
One thing happening with the leak which is basic as fuck writing anyway doesn't mean anything. Once we get one or two more connecting dots I'd say it's real but for now? Eh.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ellie: I dont plan on dying
Dina: Neither did Jesse, or Joel
Wrap it up boys
Joel is Truly dead
Ellie and Dina. Dynamic duo teenage lesbians protecting the world from millions of deranged thugs, roaming bandits and zombies.

Cool.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Ellie: I dont plan on dying
Dina: Neither did Jesse, or Joel
Wrap it up boys
Joel is Truly dead
Were some people honestly expecting that Joel wouldn't potentially die?
Anyone who has watched enough movies/shows will begin to anticipate certain central characters being killed off.

I wouldn't really consider the writing in Naughty Dog games to be most subversive writing out there tbh

Regis

Ellie and Dina. Dynamic duo lesbians protecting the world from millions of deranged thugs, roaming bandits and zombies.

Cool.
Also, the did Jesse dirty, Dina cheated on him with Ellie, you know, one of the most nightmarish cheating scenarios for a man, also, Dina got pregnant with Jessie's seed, so you could say that Dina and Elllie will adopt

giphy.gif

This plot looks like a dumpster fire

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
DM the leaks please
You aren't missing much. Probably 3/4 of it were cut scenes. As a recap:

- Joel gets beaten by thugs with a golf club (he's still breathing)
- But Regis just said above Dina says he and Jesse are dead. I wasn't listening closely to the dialogue, and if she said this in Portuguese I definitely missed it as I don't know the language
- Ellie and Dina mounting each other and gabbing on a bed and the Chinese guy Jesse catches them
- A horseback ride of Ellie and Dina riding together and scoping out an abandoned house or trailer park
- Joel and Ellie roaming some dark rooms. Then cuts to Ellie and Dina getting into another dialogue
- One video at the end cuts to a couple young people patrolling a street in the middle of the day (sunny) and the young kid says something about "we've done these streets before"
- There might have been a video I forgot to recap

Last edited:
I must have missed any YT videos.

All I remember is that sausageroll.com leak where some family member of an employee says something like this which make TLoU2 not even about zombies, but a scorned woman plot with a zombie apocalypse being secondary:

- Ellie, Dina, Chinese guy all intertwined in romance
- Homophobic Christians are the main enemy
- So Ellie (lesbo) and anyone else who isn't straight are public enemies #1
- Dina who is bi, gets killed and Ellie goes for revenge

That's all I remember unless someone wants to find the post again.
Oof Naughty Dog.

Update: I don't know what they are but spoilers for the ending are out in the wild.

Joel dies and there's a new character named Anna, first game surgeon's daughter

Last edited:

Doczu

Couldn't you at least tell us where not to look for the leaks, just to be safe you now...
Avoid 4chan like the plague, probably yt videos for troll comments and some crappy fb pages that will try to bait you into opening larger images.

The usual places 🤷🏻‍♂️

Regis

- But Regis just said above Dina says he and Jesse are dead. I wasn't listening closely to the dialogue, and if she said this in Portuguese I definitely missed it as I don't know the language
It is in the zippyshare video that was titled as "justavid"
Yeah, sure, just a vid, LOL

Blond

Banned
Still not convinced. You might aswell just be made to believe he is dead at this point in the game. We will see.

The scene that leaked showing his death is the extended version of the trailer snippet that implies someone dies

Top Bottom