• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Anya7890

Neo Member
No, I'm referring solely to the trailers. That they chose to put up front and center the sexual orientation of two girls without development is evidence enough. I won't have a problem with the full game because it will be afforded development. To use trailers, which are minutes long, to pull that into focus from the get go is very telling. Riley and Ellie had hours of development, whereas Dina (who nobody knew nor cared about) was used as nothing but a vessel to demonstrate Ellie's orientation. If you can't see that difference, I don't know what to tell you.
That does make sense and I can see why it could be seen that way. But I personally think it’s just a glimpse to their relationship, but of course that’s my opinion.

Elcid

Banned
You forgot to mention Abby is built like She-Hulk for no explainable reason in a post apocalyptic world. That's just dumb character design.
Point is, it literally doesn't matter if Neil has an agenda for making strong female characters. Because that agenda doesn't make the game any better or worse.

If it were "strong" as in "perfect Mary sues" then that's a problem, but it's not. Ellie and Abby are both mentally ill, morally corrupt people, willing to do terrible things, and the narrative highlights them as such.

Going "LOOK LOOK AGENDA, HE SAID IT, STOP DENYING" is absolutely pointless, because most people will probably look at it and go "Okay? So what".

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

That does make sense and I can see why it could be seen that way. But I personally think it’s just a glimpse to their relationship, but of course that’s my opinion.
To be fair, I've no problem with more diversity, inclusion and representation. I welcome it. Even with agendas, as they're not intrinsically negative. It just bothers me that Neil and ND come out and call people names when they call out, for what I believe, is a very apparent agenda. If Druckmann simply owned it and spared us the self-righteous morality posturing I'd be far less prone to bitch. Especially when he aligns himself with the likes of Anita. He's not on the winning side with her.

He said Anita's influence was a part of the creation of TLOU 1, maybe the idea is it's gotten worse since then but anyone arguing they're worried because they're a fan of TLOU 1 has already appreciated the creation of a mind influenced by Anita. So...

r20BtvU.png

Jayjayhd34

Best video on the matter so far.

He's sounds like cool guy however holding Sony accountable is stretching it. They've hired a company to manage there copyright Sony arnt going monitor these or it make hiring them pointless. It's the company doing this that should be held accountable, this won't first time they've gone around abusing fair use.

He's sounds like cool guy however holding Sony accountable is stretching it. They've hired a company to manage there copyright Sony arnt going monitor these or it make hiring them pointless. It's the company doing this that should be held accountable, this won't first time they've gone around abusing fair use.
No, it's totally on Sony.

Did you photoshop that, or is that the image that they used to represent TLOU2?
This is the first image that they show after 2 trailers. 717 reviews and a 5 star average is fishy.

Jayjayhd34

This is the first image that they show after 2 trailers. 717 reviews and a 5 star average is fishy.

While it's shitty Sony allow you to review when you pre order same thing with cyberpunk

Eiknarf

Who are the 717 people who rated it 5 stars already?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
No, it's totally on Sony.

Says who?

From a legal standpoint hiring a third party to handle this is bulletproof. Even if they were instructed by the client (Sony) to go scorched earth in order to protect their IP -which is the job they are getting paid to do- its their responsibility to stay within the bounds of the law as they are the ones responsible for micro-managing the actual implementation and maintaining their own business reputation as a reliable contractor.

Muso TNT is an independent company based in London, several degrees of separation from Naughty Dog, and yet... the "legal experts" on Youtube claim that its all being orchestrated by nasty neil cuckmann in an attempt to silence their brave voices of criticism!

Its all so childish and ignorant.

If you pre-purchase a game you're allowed to rate it, they let you rate things you own, that's the only check on rating games, they don't check your trophies or whatever, for instance. Other games you can only pre-purchase like Cyberpunk also have perfect scores right now. Who would spend 60 bucks just to give TLOU II a bad rating pre-emptively?

GymWolf

Do we know if i can use a golf club while using abby? I want to try some tiger woods special move on someone skull during the game.

Jayjayhd34

If you pre-purchase a game you're allowed to rate it, they let you rate things you own, that's the only check on rating games, they don't check your trophies or whatever, for instance. Other games you can only pre-purchase like Cyberpunk also have perfect scores right now. Who would spend 60 bucks just to give TLOU II a bad rating pre-emptively?

The question who fuck rates a game before you beat it destroys the purpose of reviews it needs changing ASAP.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
Uh? what agenda is that?

You quote me asking what agenda is that and literally the next quote is me explaining the agenda.

He has not talked about that lady in like 84 years, but sure! She’s the evil dark mother behind him. Right

So he has to mention her once a month or else he stating that she influences his works is suddenly not true?

I mean? What is political about this game? The revenge quest? Dina going on her trip with Ellie? The evil cult people? I’m still confused what political agenda is being pushed?

We haven’t even played the game, but again, Cuckmann has literally outlined his agenda. He has literally told the world how for him the design of the characters are a political weapon already.

You don’t need the plot to be about literal feminism to have a feminist agenda.

dude? I have seen almost every interview by Neil and I know what he said about the evil internet lady 300 years ago, but I’m still confused as to what thus woke agenda is that in the last of us part 2. I have seen all of the footage twice mind you. What am I supposed to see?

You will never see anything, that’s the point of the people like you.

Neil Cuckmann could literally claim in the next hour that his game has a political agenda (like he already did) and you would still find some convoluted bullshit to say as to why that isn’t true.

Anybody with a shred of logic and objectivity knows that Cuckmann has a political agenda inserted into his games. Basically because he literally tells you so.

would be nice if someone gave a straightforward answer to what this woke agenda

YEAH, IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE CREATOR OF THE GAME LITERALLY WENT IN PUBLIC AND EXPLAINED HOW THE WAY HE DESIGNS HIS CHARACTERS IS BASED ON A POLITICAL AGENDA INFLUENCED BY A THIRD WAVE FEMINIST, THAT WOULD JUST PROVE IT THAT THERE IS THIS WOKE AGENDA, AMIRITE?

Jon Neu

Banned
Point is, it literally doesn't matter if Neil has an agenda for making strong female characters. Because that agenda doesn't make the game any better or worse.

If it were "strong" as in "perfect Mary sues" then that's a problem, but it's not. Ellie and Abby are both mentally ill, morally corrupt people, willing to do terrible things, and the narrative highlights them as such.

Going "LOOK LOOK AGENDA, HE SAID IT, STOP DENYING" is absolutely pointless, because most people will probably look at it and go "Okay? So what".

One of them is starting to recognise that maybe the agenda exists.

tenor.gif

I mean, I already admitted the agenda exists pages and pages ago. I then linked you to it in a reply to you as well. I think the idea that people are denying the agenda exists is mostly a made-up idea in your head. We're arguing how much that agenda matters, especially since it existed when creating TLOU 1 and Uncharted 4.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The question who fuck rates a game before you beat it destroys the purpose of reviews it needs changing ASAP.

The same principle applies to people who review bomb games they haven't played for.... "reasons".

User ratings are unreliable trash whichever way you slice it. There is no solution because the problem lies with people being random fuckwits.

Eiknarf

Not even before you beat it

there have been games I didn’t want to finish because they sucked.

So ya shouldn’t have to finish a game in order to review it... ya just have to have played it

Woggleman

Everybody who makes art has at least somewhat of an agenda. It only seems to become a problem in some circles when progressive themes become a part of it and in the case of TLOU2 they don't even preach to people. It is simply the mere existence of certain characters. I don't agree with rating games before they release but that is every anticipated game, TLOU2 is not unique in that regard on the PSN store.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

You quote me asking what agenda is that and literally the next quote is me explaining the agenda.

So he has to mention her once a month or else he stating that she influences his works is suddenly not true?

We haven’t even played the game, but again, Cuckmann has literally outlined his agenda. He has literally told the world how for him the design of the characters are a political weapon already.

Neil Cuckmann could literally claim in the next hour that his game has a political agenda (like he already did) and you would still find some convoluted bullshit to say as to why that isn’t true.

Anybody with a shred of logic and objectivity knows that Cuckmann has a political agenda inserted into his games. Basically because he literally tells you so.

YEAH, IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE CREATOR OF THE GAME LITERALLY WENT IN PUBLIC AND EXPLAINED HOW THE WAY HE DESIGNS HIS CHARACTERS IS BASED ON A POLITICAL AGENDA INFLUENCED BY A THIRD WAVE FEMINIST, THAT WOULD JUST PROVE IT THAT THERE IS THIS WOKE AGENDA, AMIRITE?

Most people wont associate these thing poltics though. Can you truthly say if sjw movement was a secret and they where doing all this behinds scene you would associating these thing with poltics? The British have been doing this in TV shows since 98 when transgender replaced a male, and has continue to do it not because they've got agenda because they want represent society truthly.

If what your saying is true you've got problem with poltics in media however that can't strictly true because you've enjoyed game influenced by poltics possibly your hatred towards sgw has caused this.

At the end of day weather you like or not through poltics or through choice diversty will happen in the industry, its sad it has involve politics and is pushed by the sjw community but its happening.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

you know, i thought you were just an xbox troll. But you are actually a pretty articulate poster with just a touch asshole. I like it.

Jayjayhd34

Not even before you beat it

there have been games I didn’t want to finish because they sucked.

So ya shouldn’t have to finish a game in order to review it... ya just have to have played it

Total bullshit that's wrong you can't give hohest opinon base incomplete play through imagine the uproar if it came out journalist did this.

Last edited:

Woggleman

I preordered it but didn't rate it because I don't rate games I never played. Sony should make it so that you can't rate it unless you have played for a certain amount of hours.

I preordered it but didn't rate it because I don't rate games I never played. Sony should make it so that you can't rate it unless you have played for a certain amount of hours.

If they did it like Steam where we see the person's hours played that would work, but you can't even view who rated it.

Jayjayhd34

Again it should locked till gett trophy saying you've completing the game. Imaigning it came out reviewers where making reviews after playing for few hours.

Says who?

From a legal standpoint hiring a third party to handle this is bulletproof. Even if they were instructed by the client (Sony) to go scorched earth in order to protect their IP -which is the job they are getting paid to do- its their responsibility to stay within the bounds of the law as they are the ones responsible for micro-managing the actual implementation and maintaining their own business reputation as a reliable contractor.

Muso TNT is an independent company based in London, several degrees of separation from Naughty Dog, and yet... the "legal experts" on Youtube claim that its all being orchestrated by nasty neil cuckmann in an attempt to silence their brave voices of criticism!

Its all so childish and ignorant.
If somebody breaks the law under my command and supervition, It's by definition my fault.

Anya7890

Neo Member

so because he did research on how to design a non-sexualized female character and wanted the character to be a positive influence on the industry that somehow equals out to Neil being a cuck and inserting muh feminist propaganda into his game. Yeah, because that doesn’t sound completely insane or anything.

he stated that his own “politics“ where gonna have some influence in the game yes, but that’s true for a lot of shit😂 that’s one of the key cornerstones of fictional inspiration. I can’t judge if it’s cringy or not until the game is out. the way I see it, there are only two ways this can go: the ”politics“ can be organically told in the story or it can just be characters spewing off Twitter hottakes. Tbh? I haven’t seen evidence of it one way or another, so I can’t say if it’s used in a good way or not.

i have only see evidence to this on how he designed Ellie and even that is kind of a stretch since Neil also talk about books that he used for her as well. But sure him making trying to make a non-sexulized female character that he saw as a possible role model for his kid I personally think it’s dumb to use fictional characters as role model, but whatever) is a woke agenda.

Last edited:

Jayjayhd34

If somebody breaks the law under my command and supervition, It's by definition my fault.

I respect that however that's not what happened its highly unlikely Sony is spending there time monitoring what company does or there would be no reason to be contracting the work.

You realise there not specifically targeting last of us right thry've been contracted by Sony and other companys for years so probably send thousands and thousands of request while it's seems pointless these companies have spend there time going to torrent sites warez etc that mostly go spam boxes. It would impossible to go through each request or they might as well save money and be and doing it internally.

Jon Neu

Banned
I mean, I already admitted the agenda exists pages and pages ago. I then linked you to it in a reply to you as well. I think the idea that people are denying the agenda exists is mostly a made-up idea in your head. We're arguing how much that agenda matters, especially since it existed when creating TLOU 1 and Uncharted 4.

Yes, but you only admitted so much. There is a little bit of agenda somewhere, but claiming that Nadine beating Sam and Nathan at the same time is feminist fanservice? How dare you!

Top Bottom