• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Saber

Gold Member
I especially liked the part were they say this game honour ellie and joel...

Is honour some kind of technical term used during golf plays?

Theres gonna be a lot of respect with golf hard beating in the head, spits in a dead body, Ellie hard beating, Dina shots in the back and then followed by a hard beating.

See? Tons and tons of respect.

GymWolf

Theres gonna be a lot of respect with golf hard beating in the head, spits in a dead body, Ellie hard beating, Dina shots in the back and then followed by a hard beating.

See? Tons and tons of respect.
The only thing that make me sad is that i can't kill the edgy annoying brat in the finale while using female joel, it was one of the highlight of the leaks for me.

Let's see if you can say fuck or fucking every three words while i beat you with a golf club n°3...

But unfortunately it seems they are going with a happy finale.

Jon Neu

Banned
True about the music. Whites not only like but have been copying black music since forever.

Just like blacks have been copying white music and culture since forever. The blues was influenced by the English/Scottish/Irish folklore songs, the christian spiritual songs originated in Europe and the ballads and rimes from the XIV century. It wasn’t created in a vacuum of blackness.

I know it’s so progressive to claim that white people stole black music, but music evolved by everybody copying everybody, including the black spiritualists that would later become “bluesmen”.

Saber

Gold Member
The only thing that make me sad is that i can't kill the edgy annoying brat in the finale while using female joel, it was one of the highlight of the leaks for me.

Let's see if you can say fuck or fucking every three words while i beat you with a golf club n°3...

But unfortunately it seems they are going with a happy finale.

Wait...is it already comfirmed Ellie won't be killing Abby at the end of the game?

Last edited:
It is? Who?

Z051S40.jpg

(to my knowledge)

Prediction of what will happen
  • Critics will give the game perfect reviews before the game is released.
  • The game finally releases and sells well.
  • The masses who haven't seen the leaks will finish the game and there will be a massive backlash over the decisive story.
  • Metacritic will receive a huge critic score but a really a low user score. Until Sony forces Metacritic to remove all negative user reviewers but leave all the bots that left positive reviews. Just like what they did with Death Stranding.
  • Naughty Dog will use the LGBTQ+ community as a shield to deflect any criticism towards them.
  • Fans that do not like the story and express their opinions online will be branded with "ists" and "isms" by journalists, news outlets and crazy people. Meanwhile, Anti-SJW activist channels on Youtube will milk the situation for will its worth and turn the topic of the game into a dumb culture war.
  • The game will only increase hatred towards LGBTQ+ people due to the absolutely horrible representation of Abby. Thanks, Neil.
  • Naughty Dog's reputation will be greatly damaged and any future announcements will be meet with scepticism instead of blind faith

This absolute Nostradamus. This my bookmark for when it happens. He forgot to add the "but it sold gazillions and reviewed well" parry.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

This absolute Nostradamus. This my bookmark for when it happens. He forgot to add the "but it sold gazillions and reviewed well" parry.

What will most likely happen

- The game will score at least a 92 on Metacritic because it will be a good game.
- They will compare the review scores to "Star Wars" and "Birds of Prey" as proof that the game will sell poorly despite good review scores.
- People are going to say the game only reviewed well because of the liberal game journalist.
- The far right YouTubers who haven't played the game will cherry pick reviews that "support their narrative"
- Most popular YouTubers will enjoy the game.
- The game will sell at least 3.4 million copies during the first week.
- The Go Woke, Go Broke crowd will disappear because they can no longer capitalize on negative press.
- Gamers who avoided spoilers are going to look back and call out YouTubers who reacted to fake leaks.

Woggleman

The game will overall do very well and review very well but there will always be a section of people who claim that the good reviews and high sales are some sort of conspiracy. You will have a bunch of complaints about ethics in gaming journalism and paid reviews and such. It will end up having a very polarized reaction on gaming forums but will be very popular outside of them.

Jayjayhd34

Finished the game again playing through left behind now. Still not 100% on board with how Joel dies but looking from other perspective he was an absolute monster... So don't know yet what to think it will interesting to see how it all plays out. Looking forward to part 2 only 25 days to go now.

Woggleman

Joel is a complicated character like every in this franchise. Nobody seems to be a one dimensional cardboard cutout. The closest we see to a genuine irredeemable scumbag was David.

She's a great voice actress. Is it lost on anyone else that she also voiced Nadine in UC4? A character who spent the entire game beating the piss out of Nate and everyone hated her? Seems like Cuckmann doubled down on it by having her voice yet another character who likes beating on white men. Only this time, Cuckmann decided to have his character go all the way and actually kill one or even both Joel and Ellie off this time around

Last edited:

joe_zazen

I predict no shit storm. The current hubbub is mostly trolls who like spoiling stuff and making memes. Sure, some will be upset with the story, but this ain't like subverting star wars with its 50 year history of nostalgia and world conquering cultural impact.

Game will release, get good metacritic, and sell enough that Neil and ND execs will be able to buy yachts and private jets.

Woggleman

I think most of the people angry about this are the ones who didn't even like the first one because they consider it a so called movie game or walking simulator.

llien

What will most likely happen

- The game will score at least a 92 on Metacritic because it will be a good game.
- They will compare the review scores to "Star Wars" and "Birds of Prey" as proof that the game will sell poorly despite good review scores.
- People are going to say the game only reviewed well because of the liberal game journalist.
- The far right YouTubers who haven't played the game will cherry pick reviews that "support their narrative"
- Most popular YouTubers will enjoy the game.
- The game will sell at least 3.4 million copies during the first week.
- The Go Woke, Go Broke crowd will disappear because they can no longer capitalize on negative press.
- Gamers who avoided spoilers are going to look back and call out YouTubers who reacted to fake leaks.

On the one hand we have:

a) countless hours of effort invested into the game (with lavish budget, cause, Sony's exclusive, motherfucker)
b) great visuals and fancy tech, as ND is also paving the way for other Sony studios
c) great reception of TLOU, god forbid, a story about a white guy and a white girl as a secondary character

On the other:

"unfirable" asshole who is pushing agenda of our sex negative overlords.

It still selling well doesn't prove Dickman didn't damage the sales, duh?
D3 sold well.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
“Research”.

Yeah, Neil Cuckmann being a crazy third wave feminist who thinks Anita Sarkeesian is a modern heroine and her teachings have to be spread among his games is the definition of being a cuck and inserting muh feminist peopaganda into his games.

He literally tells you he is doing that, yet you get triggered at the mention that he is doing that

That’s the insane part.

Yes?

Again, he literally has told you he choose to design those characters in a non-sexualized way because of his politics and following the teachings of Anita Sarkeesian.

It’s literally the textbook definition of a political agenda. How is that so hard to grasp?

dude. look at how bothered you are over his personal values impacting *his* creative work. And what’s the extent of this ‘political agenda’ he had? He didn’t want Ellie to be a sexualized character. Big freaking deal. I honestly don’t see how the manifestations of this agenda in the first TLOU can bother anyone. Ellie is just a normal teenage girl. So please explain how neil’s agenda to make sure Ellie wasn’t sexualized ruined the first game.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
On the one hand we have:

a) countless hours of effort invested into the game (with lavish budget, cause, Sony's exclusive, motherfucker)
b) great visuals and fancy tech, as ND is also paving the way for other Sony studios
c) great reception of TLOU, god forbid, a story about a white guy and a white girl as a secondary character

On the other:

"unfirable" asshole who is pushing agenda of our sex negative overlords.

It still selling well doesn't prove Dickman didn't damage the sales, duh?
D3 sold well.

The leaker may have damage some sales, not Neil.

People are letting their own political views cloud their judgement. Based on what we know from the leaks, if you're upset about Neil "pushing an agenda" then you're sensitive. There's no other way to put it.

There's people who want to talk about the great ending to Avengers: End game, and then there's the small crowd who want to focus a lot on the female avengers scene at the the and complain about how this scene is being "took woke."

People are letting little things bother them too damn much.

I think most of the people angry about this are the ones who didn't even like the first one because they consider it a so called movie game or walking simulator.

I liked the first game, but lets not kid ourselves, it really is a movie game. Cuckmann is more or less the Western Kojima at this point and it seems like he is trying to make games that Oscarbait.

llien

The leaker may have damage some sales, not Neil.

Based on what? Exactly what, bar your wish, makes Neil "not damage 'some' sales"?

There's people who want to talk about the great ending to Avengers: End game, and then there's the small crowd who want to focus a lot on the female avengers scene at the the and complain about how this scene is being "took woke."
To me the perfect ending was when Thanos won. He should have disappeared as well, it would have been unbeatable.

Yeah, that scene is cringy.

Woggleman

A movie game implies that it has little to no gameplay. The first one had plenty of gameplay. Play it on grounded and see how much of a movie it is.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
Not at all. This game has entered into the cultural political battle. Agendas at play to destroy the game. “Cuckmann must go down!” There’s not a lot of Star Wars/marvel news so tlou2 has filled that void for now.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Based on what? Exactly what, bar your wish, makes Neil "not damage 'some' sales"?

It's his game and people want to make everything about politics.

Joel dies by a woman?

"They're taking all the men out of the game. They want to make Joel into the bad by showing their hatred towards white men!"

Abby being a playable character?

"This is about identity politics. They want to push this trans character to be progressive."

None of this is true, even the plot revolving around a Christian Cult. People love creating theories in their head because they're so involved in politics.

To me the perfect ending was when Thanos won. He should have disappeared as well, it would have been unbeatable.

Yeah, that scene is cringy.

The point is that people were upset that this happened. People are letting small things like this get to them.

Woggleman

Every game with a story and cutscenes is not a movie game. The majority of the game is pure gameplay. I can see how something like Death Stranding would be that since 90% of it is walking packages back and forth to get to the next cut scene but TLOU has some very tense combat sections.

Jon Neu

Banned
People love creating theories in their head because they're so involved in politics.

I’m not really interested in repeating everything all over again, but you somehow are still incapable of grasping the fact that the creator of the game has told the world his game has a political agenda based on third wave feminism.

It’s not people“creating theories”, it’s literally an objective fact.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
It's his game and people want to make everything about politics.

Joel dies by a woman?

"They're taking all the men out of the game. They want to make Joel into the bad by showing their hatred towards white men!"

Abby being a playable character?

"This is about identity politics. They want to push this trans character to be progressive."

None of this is true, even the plot revolving around a Christian Cult. People love creating theories in their head because they're so involved in politics.

The point is that people were upset that this happened. People are letting small things like this get to them.
This is exactly right. Imagine the game comes out and is 10/10 in every area. Would the anti sjw types change their arguments at all? Probably not. Because their complaints are all superficial and based off the identity of the characters.

Woggleman

The plot revolving a christian cult has been proven false but people still repeat it. Yes there is a cult in this game but there is no word on them being christians who hunt gays.

Woggleman

This is exactly right. Imagine the game comes out and is 10/10 in every area. Would the anti sjw types change their arguments at all? Probably not. Because their complaints are all superficial and based off the identity of the characters.
Anti sjws and sjws are very much alike in the sense that facts don't matter. TLOU2 has been deemed a culture war battleground even though it should not be.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
I’m not really interested in repeating everything all over again, but you somehow are still incapable of grasping the fact that the creator of the game has told the world his game has a political agenda based on third wave feminism.

The first tlou had this agenda. That talk you’re bitching about was in reference to the first TLOU. And I’m still waiting to hear how Ellie/tlou was ruined as a result of Neil wanting to create a non sexualized female character. Please elaborate

Jon Neu

Banned
Anti sjws and sjws are very much alike in the sense that facts don't matter. TLOU2 has been deemed a culture war battleground even though it should not be.

You’re right about how facts don’t matter.

Like the fact that the creator of the game has acknowledged that his games have a political agenda based on the likes of Anita Sarkeesian.

But don’t let reality stop you from complaining.

Jayjayhd34

If your going of object able facts you could supply quote he says he has a '' secret agenda and it's getting less and less secret as talk about it'' he then goes talk sexualisation of characters. Its your choice to interpretate to this being a political agenda.

Jon Neu

Banned
The first tlou had this agenda. That talk you’re bitching about was in reference to the first TLOU. And I’m still waiting to hear how Ellie/tlou was ruined as a result of Neil wanting to create a non sexualized female character. Please elaborate

When did I said the games are ruined?

The games can have cringy feminist tropes and fantasies and still be awesome. Like Uncharted 4, for example.

If your going of object able facts you could supply quote he says he has a '' secret agenda and it's getting less and less secret as talk about it'' he then goes talk sexualisation of characters. Its your choice to interpretate to this being a political agenda.

So feminism isn’t political.

Some of you are getting even crazier in the bending of reality for the sake of not admitting that Neil and his games have a political agenda.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

Theories

Creating a trans character to push LGBT characters.
Christian cult story line to attack Christians and fighting for equality subplot.
Joel dying by the hands of Abby because Neil wants to show how white men are evil.

These are theories that are made up in people's heads.

Neil has an agenda because wants to see a more diverse cast and he wants to see more female lead characters who are not sexualized.

You need to understand the difference.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
When did I said the games are ruined?

The games can have cringy feminist tropes and fantasies and still be awesome. Like Uncharted 4, for example.
You’re acting as if Neil’s politics in his games are toxic sjw bullshit. So how was the fact that Ellie wasn’t sexualized bothersome to you? That was his ‘agenda’ in the first game. Please elaborate.

Top Bottom