• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alleged CDPR dev talks about the state of Cyberpunk 2077 and talks future plans

Madflavor

I would actually be a little surprised if CDPR don't attempt to really improve this game, not just with bugs, performance, and AI, but restoring cut content and adding QoL features as well. Their reputation is well and beyond fucked at this point, and they know it.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I don’t believe one word of it, because the post was written from the perspective of a gamer. No dev would say “Please don’t buy our game, tons of refunds will send the right message to the higherups at our company.” Because when Cyberpunk 2077 revenues dry up fast or enormous numbers of people want their money back, people might lose their jobs at CDPR.

ZehDon

"... Now devs are hearing plans of a "No Man's Sky" style comeback due to late June... "

Comes from 4 Chan.
Reads like a Nimrod's take on the games industry.
Cuts just short of remaking the entire game into a second life simulator that was never promised.

My bullshit sense is tingling.

aries_71

Keanu comes across as Keanu to me. Exactly what I expected. It works for this type of character in my opinion.

IMO the problem with Keanu it’s not only the bad voice acting, but also the whole writing and backstory. Only a teenager would think that having a musician fighting a huge militarized global corporation is somehow credible.

Kerotan

Could very well be true, could very well be bullshit.

In the end i'm glad i didn't buy the game yet and waiting another 3 or so months until the actual PS5 version releases will be extremely rewarding (or june if all of this is true, i don't care, i just want a finished product)
I'll happily 2 years.

My first playthrough I was super hyped about the game...and a lot of the issues I honestly just breezed over/by...but during my 2nd playthrough I spent more time..did all the sidequests and finished up everything. Pretty much spent the last few weeks dedicating most of my gaming time/free time to it.

And its tons of issues with this game. The more you play this game the more you realize its tons of things they started to implement and they just left it in broken OR they stripped the hell out of an idea and left pieces of it in there. I did every side quest in the game and save for a few here and there...I really didn't feel like it was a point in doing the overwhelming majority of them since it never felt like they amounted to anything other than me getting tons of junk for crafting

I did Street Kid and Nomad..i'll wait until like next spring for it to be fully fleshed out before I do my corpo/final playthrough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
IMO the problem with Keanu it’s not only the bad voice acting, but also the whole writing and backstory. Only a teenager would think that having a musician fighting a huge militarized global corporation is somehow credible.

Well now you're just shitting on the source material.

Yeah, it's cheesy, but I love this stuff.

aries_71

Well now you're just shitting on the source material.

Yeah, it's cheesy, but I love this stuff.

Yes, let me shit on the source material. It’s laughable.

I don’t mean this to come off as offensive, but how do you have so much time to be glued to a screen?
:messenger_tears_of_joy: Im a software engineer for a living, I work from home 100%. My huge ass desk has 2 PC's and my work laptop on it. So i'm sitting here ATLEAST 40 hours per week(Shit sometimes 65-70) "Working" while im playing games :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Hell my first playthrough of cyberpunk was its launch week, I put in 71 hours on the clock that week and probably had a controller in my hand for 60 hours of it
Heres where im at for this pay period lol and this is light....We're overworked in this field, but the pay is good for me in my role lol
pay.jpg

Last edited:

aries_71

This really isn't the game for you then. The source material and how they brought it to life does a lot of the heavy lifting.

I love this kind of cheesy Shadowrun/Cyberpunk stuff. It's fantastical and ridiculous, but there's plenty of more grounded stuff available.

Agreed, I find the setting extremely ridiculous, I’m afraid the 80s source material hasn’t aged well at all. Problem is that this role playing tabletop game was at a cheap 80s comic level writing, not Gibson/Philip K Dick level. Punk rockerboys fighting global corporations, the cringe.

Kacho

Gold Member
At this point, it's not a matter whether they will or not. They simply must. Or else CDPR can fuck off into irrelevancy.
It goes without saying CDPR will do everything they can to fix the game, I was just pointing out how stupid that “leak” sounded. There is zero chance CDPR is references No Man’s Sky behind the scenes, or that they would deliver all fixes by June. It’s going to take years to fix the game.

NinjaBoiX

Gold Member
Sony probably gave them certification providing they fix all the bugs with a day one patch.
That’s not how certification works, the whole point is to analyse the finished product to see that it’s fit for sale in it’s current state.

Apparently Taken from a thread where supposed CDPR developer was speaking anonymously.
He supposedly talks/rants about the situation in the company, a lot of cut content, Keanu's bad acting, and plans to turn the project around.
Take it with a grain of salt, and beware of spoilers. If this is true in any way, then it's a leak... I haven't bought or played the game yet, as I'm waiting for it to be finished.
So.... Keanu Reeves being Keanu Reeves.

I still love the guy.

Tranquil

That’s not how certification works, the whole point is to analyse the finished product to see that it’s fit for sale in it’s current state.

Seen a few vids on youtube that say otherwise. They make it out like this is common practice.

Sure why not. Nowhere to go but up at this point.

Still hope whoever is responsible for forcing CDPR to release the game in this shape is fired. Just fuck off into oblivion.
Maybe that's what they needed to hurry the fuck up. Maybe management tought this could be another Duke Numen Forever and decided to just release the fucking game and let the devs take the heat. I don't know why people are so quick to give the devs a pass. They had 8 fucking years and this is what they have to show? After millions and millions of investment and more than enough time?

Yes, let me shit on the source material. It’s laughable.

Agreed, I find the setting extremely ridiculous, I’m afraid the 80s source material hasn’t aged well at all. Problem is that this role playing tabletop game was at a cheap 80s comic level writing, not Gibson/Philip K Dick level. Punk rockerboys fighting global corporations, the cringe.

Worst new member to the forum spotted

Tsukumo

This is actually from 4chan. Don't know why people think it's from Reddit. Also, it dates back to AT LEAST two weeks ago.

Dries

I just want to hear a timeline for the patches and what they'll be doing. Then I can decide for myself when I want to start playing again.

(I quit playing due to graphical bugs on high-end PC)

TheGejsza

Maybe that's what they needed to hurry the fuck up. Maybe management tought this could be another Duke Numen Forever and decided to just release the fucking game and let the devs take the heat. I don't know why people are so quick to give the devs a pass. They had 8 fucking years and this is what they have to show? After millions and millions of investment and more than enough time?
They never had 8 years but thats not my point - people give devs a pass because you can very often see that there are a lot of things that works really great and are detailed/polished while others are janky - and this is the evidence that they either:
1) needed more time which is obvious. I would give 1 year more.
2) they lacked of manpower - and by lack of manpower I don't necessarily mean low number of devs but the lack of experience for most devs - this is very often a problem for "popular" studios where people are willing to work there for very low paycheck just to so they could put in CV that they worked here and there. Blizzard had huge problem with it some time ago where most of the devs were some kind of juniors without experiance and most experianced dev left the company.

Dazraell

While I'm not fully convinced they will manage to deliver these updates to June, I do think they might be working on Enhanced Edition of sorts. CD Projekt already did this in the past for The Witcher 1 and 2. Reaching for substantial free updates might be something this game could use to at least slightly repair their reputation and compensate the state at launch.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The main problem for CDPR is the fact that last gen consoles are simply too weak to run this game with acceptable graphics. I think the studio has done a good job improving the performance and the stability since launch, but I wouldn't hope for any miracles. They're probably in a tough spot, because people will still request refunds wanting next gen experience on an old gen hardware and Sony may still refuse to bring back the game to their digital store because of how many refund requests they're getting.

Last edited:

Where is the 8 year nonsense coming from ? They finished Witcher 3 in the middle of 2016. Is the 8 year nonsense so this seems more dramatic ? They had 4 years to work on this and it was rebooted at least once that we've been told. In fact it was rebooted who knows how many times. Looking at the state this is in, i seriously doubt this version of the game was worked on for more than 18 months

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Sony probably gave them certification providing they fix all the bugs with a day one patch.
As many people in the know on the subject already mentioned this is not how certification works. The point of a certification is to check for system and OS-level vulnerabilities e.g. that the game doesn't hard lock the console each time after a certain number of steps; doesn't fry the SSD; doesn't allow for exploits by sideloading unauthorized content, etc. No judgement is passed as for the quality of the release. You can Google 'Life of Black Tiger' to see what gets approved.

The reason Sony pulled the game was CDPR throwing them under the bus and actively encouraging refund requests, which Sony is unwilling to do. Moreover the situation had the potential to bring to light Sony's anti-consumer refund policies. They decided to kill the matter before it got too big to handle and delisted the game.

Last edited:

martino

it was not wrong at the time without internet and if you release and let your game to die.
But since then we have already 3 cd project game to prove that wrong
and also no man sky to cite a non cdpr game and probably a lot others.

Last edited:
You know you can craft the armour mods right? The formula is a reward found in one of the Watson Blue NCPD sites (you fight some Maelstrom in a Carpark). It's a common component. You don't need to buy them from vendors.
Yes I know mods can be crafted as well. The problem is they are largely broken.
I crafted and bought different mods and found they don't work. Some mods stack. Some don't.
Epic Armadillo armor mods sometimes stack and sometimes they don't. Purple, blue, green armadillo mods, all of them, they don't stack and sometimes they do. Crafted or bought. It doesn't matter. In some cases mixing green and white armadillo mods gives me higher armor rating than stacking all purples. It's bizarre. Epic armor mods have higher rating than green (Uncommon) and white (Common). Once noticed my headband was showing armor rating of 0 even though I just attached an Epic armor mod to it. So clearly this part of the game is bugged as well.

There is a whole section of Cyberpunk guys on reddit that is reporting that mods are broken and the clothing store retailer system is broken too. They are suppose to refresh their inventory everytime you purchase but ive gone through large parts of the game and returned to some clothing stores to find no new mods available. The same is getting reported on reddit by some people. No idea if it's platform specific or what but there is clearly an issue with clothing mods. How they refresh and how they work in general.

I've even heard that movement speed mod is broken with some people saying it doesn't stack or outright work even if you have 1 of these mods enabled or attached to a gear piece.

CLOTHING MODS BONUS STACKING VISUALLY, BUT NOT ACTUALLY APPLIED OR INCONSISTENT WHEN NOT STACKED

Clothing Mods bugged?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
You've gotta be kidding
How can you say Kean's acting is bad and then talk about TLoU2 😂😂 TLoU's acting and dialogues is a definition of cringe and stupidity
WHAT ?!
Tlou2 acting bad !? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I am fine with Keanu. Stiff as always but fits the Johny character but tlou2 is just straight out better acted. Death Stranding too (aside from some cringe as always kojima)

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Sure why not. Nowhere to go but up at this point.

Still hope whoever is responsible for forcing CDPR to release the game in this shape is fired. Just fuck off into oblivion.
But overall the game is fine on PC from what those with good rigs claim. They should have released PC and next gen then ported last gen later. Content can come in DLC later too.

Regardless, threads like this make me want to wait for the first major patch. I have it installed and was waiting to finish AC then play it, but I am waiting for the negativity to die down and for a good version to be ready to play.

DOSS216

This leak is getting more believable every day. Someone just found an unaccessible marketplace downstairs of V's apartment.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm not even sure what are you trying to argue lol
TLOU2 character acting is very very good... Joel and Ellie are great and Abby is the actress of Abby did an amazing job.

You've gotta be kidding
How can you say Kean's acting is bad and then talk about TLoU2 😂😂 TLoU's acting and dialogues is a definition of cringe and stupidity
Because the actors/actress doing the acting in TLOU2 did one of the best acting in the industry?
I know you probably hate the game for whatever reason but that doesn't make bad everything the game did amazing.
Or you just have no ideia what "acting" is.

Last edited:

GenericUser

So I'll let my physical copy of Cyberpunk for PS4 collect dust for a very long time.
I refunded mine. Game needs at least another 4 - 6 month of patches and by the time it may be worth playing on consoles, there will already be plenty used copies available. Or even heaviely discounted new copies.

Top Bottom