• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 80k people have signed a petition demanding Sony 'approves' Days Gone 2

Almost 80,000 people have signed a petition demanding a Days Gone sequel.

A couple of weeks back, a press report broke the news that Days Gone 2 wouldn't be happening due to the original's lengthy development and mixed reception, something Eurogamer had also heard. A team within Sony Bend is now apparently assisting Naughty Dog with a multiplayer project.

The news has mobilised some fans into taking action. Just two weeks ago, the organiser was delighted to have secured 102 signatures. Now, however, the Change.org petition has secured over 78,000 signatories and hopes to hit 150,000 (thanks, GGRecon).

"There's millions of people who want Sony PlayStation to approve Days Gone 2. And I want all the fans to sign this petition," implores the petition organiser. "They can't just pull the plug on such an amazing game that ended with a cliff hanger."

ICYMI, the writer and creative director of Days Gone recently said that players shouldn't "complain if a game doesn't get a sequel" if they didn't buy it "at f-cking full price".

"I do have an opinion on something that your audience may find of interest, and it might piss some of them off," John Garvin said. "If you love a game, buy it at f-cking full price. I can't tell you how many times I've seen gamers say 'yeah, I got that on sale, I got it through PS Plus, whatever'.

"Don't complain if a game doesn't get a sequel if it wasn't supported at launch."

PlayStation soon-not-to-be-exclusive Days Gone launches for PC on 18th May, and a new trailer recently showed off how it looks.

The PC version of the post-apocalyptic motorbike game includes 21:9 ultra-wide monitor support, an unlocked frame-rate and hordes of Freakers (don't call them zombies) up to 500 in size. Environmental details and foliage draw distances have been improved, and the game's photo mode now features a "new super-resolution", Sony said.

Personally, I think the millions of fans are better off showing their support for the IP by buying the game on PC.

How many are duplicates, same person under different names or burner accounts? 80K not gonna move the needle all that much, unless you want a game costing $4000 per copy.

Ask these people to pay 70$ in advance and see the number decrease.

It is the same thing as Scale Bound which is super let down for all the preview, but everyone hype it up after being cancelled.

Yep; there was a lot of derision and dismissive takes towards Scalebound in various previews but suddenly when it was cancelled everyone was begging for the game to come out.

I liked it from the beginning because of the dragon-riding aspect and how some bits of it reminded me of Panzer Dragoon, so it was disappointing to see it get canned.

Last edited:

Three

40,000k sales confirmed.

It is the same thing as Scale Bound which is super let down for all the preview, but everyone hype it up after being cancelled.
It's wierd because unlike Scalebound the damn game wasn't even announced or had anything shown of it. If people knew how many games internally are discussed and never shown or developed they would go mental.

Isa

Gold Member
Eh, I don't know if I'd want it without all the creative leads there. Also if it went down that potential conspiracy rabbit hole the ending alluded to.
Also I'm not keen on petitioning people to make something they might not want to make. What if their pleas to not work as second hog to ND and landed them a chance at a new IP actually got Bend the chance they wanted? It'd suck to take that opportunity away from them. As much as I enjoyed Days Gone I'd be much more pleased with a new IP.
I also buy just about all of my games at full price, but how many got it on discount, or free as I recall on Plus.

Spaceman292

Banned

Platinum games are amazing, but they're never popular. Even the popular ones aren't popular.

Kuranghi

It would be funny as shit if they said "we hear you" and then just released a slightly remastered Days Gone 1 on PS5:

tenor.gif

I didn't hate Days Gone like some people, but it seems pointless to have a massive petition like this when the guys responsible for the game left the studio with no intent on returning. Oh well, Change.org is always performative nonsense anyway.

Fbh

That isn't a lot though. If all these people bought 5 $70 copies at launch it would still be considered a bomb for a big first party AAA launch.

I'm kinda glad Sony won't stick to having 2 separate first party franchises with a post apocalyptic zombie setting, even if the gameplay is quite different.

I'd rather have Sony Bend working on Days Gone 2 than some TLOU remake. But if they are being allowed to make a new IP instead (as the rumors say) then that's even better

ManaByte

I didn't hate Days Gone like some people, but it seems pointless to have a massive petition like this when the guys responsible for the game left the studio with no intent on returning. Oh well, Change.org is always performative nonsense anyway.

Obviously they should be forced to come back and make the game. The Internet demands their compliance.

graywolf323

Gold Member
so if I understand recent events currently it seems like a lot of people were saying that Sony is too reliant on making sequels to AAA games yet now are demanding that Bend make a sequel instead of make a new IP?

jakinov

Sony already knows that more than 80K people might want to buy a sequel (the game has probably sold at least a million copies). Unless these players 80k players are pledging to donate money (and not get a free of the game) there' not much reason for Sony to care about these 80k people who say they want something. Maybe if they threatened to boycott the platform.

This is similar to a company cancelling a TV show and then a fraction of the people who they thought already watched the show go and complain to bring the show back through a petition. You aren't actually introducing anything new for them to change their minds.

bender

What time is it?
Only 920,000 signature to go until people can feel justified in their sadness for Sony ignoring them.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I almost done want Days Gone 2 now because I don't want these people to think it was a factor in their decision.

I'm pretty confident it will happen, but it will be more dependent on how successful it is in PC at this point.

Airbus Jr

Banned
80,000 people need to get out more.
I dont understand this attitude

I havent played days gone but i never felt that way about them

Just because theyre a minority and the number is small it gives you the leverage to ridicule and humiliate these people ?

You saw 80k loser in that

I saw 80k people who love the first game and theres nothing wrong for them hoping for a sequel

Remember that Days Gone 2 was on schedule to be made but got axed by Jim Ryan

These people have good reason to be upset

Last edited:
Top Bottom