• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alright, GAF. Which Link is the best Link?

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
maxresdefault.jpg

This is what I came here to post

nickgia

It's the Hero of Time Link, specifically MM. He's someone who has lived through adulthood and is now back to being a child while trying to handle everyone's messed up problems.

I hope one day they go back to that Link.

Battlechili

Banned
I like Twilight Princess Link. I like his color palette and the extra detail on his clothes. Plus the way he became sort of a
mentor to Colin
was a really nice touch, and the implied possibility of a
romantic interest in Midna
was really cute and a tad heartbreaking.

OoT Link is the best. His mental fortitude as a 10-11 year old child is ridiculous. He faces monsters as a child only to wake up seven years later in an older, larger body and is told he now has to face even larger monsters in a world that has turned into little more than a nightmare. And he's the last hope because all the adults we're incompetent boobs.

EhoaVash

Skyward Sword Link

latest

Hiss relationship with Zelda is the best I've seen in the series and the relationships he develops with the 3 other main supporting characters are also well done.

I also like how he actually grew up in the main area where humans live in Skyward Sword, Skyloft. So all the people he helps out with sidequests have known him for years.

Yeah I agree with skyward sword link being the best character out of the series.

tumblr_magrohAgcy1rtkss6o1_500.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

All the other links are really detached from Zelda herself

Clothing wise, botw wins. All the suits in that game look really cool/badass.

EhoaVash

Do you guys think that well see an HD remaster of Skyward Sword on the Switch in like 3-4 years?

Yeah it's gonna happen. Gonna probably still have motion controls but I hope the remake/remaster has a option for no motion controls because some people can't figure out how to make it work and become frustrated and blame the game

At least from a design perspective I am shocked that people are saying BotW is the best link. He is absolutely my least favorite 3D link design. Bad haircut, strange facial features that at some point I made an effort to keep covered with gear, and I didn't like the blue shirt as much as I wanted to.

I'd say my favorite is probably original Majora's Mask Link or Skyward Sword, which imo is the better mixture of realistic and fantastical. WW Link is also great.

Not a fan.

bounchfx

BOTW link is just fantastic. great design, lots of personality, and the customizing is a huge plus though my answer would be the same even if he wore the promotional outfit the entire game.

Breath of the Wild Link wearing the Twilight costume is the best looking and best personality, but the Hero of Time and his story told through three different games is the best Link, story wise.

Marceles

LTTP Link is my favorite Link. The first one to use the Master Sword and the most satisfied I've felt for a Link after upgrading items

link_to_the_past_vector_alter_by_plague52x-d5zm81p.jpg

SS4Ricky

Neo Member
His Hyrule Warriors design is also damn sexy imo. Game was surprisingly good for a musou.
latest
I mean if we're talking about strongest it has to be Hyrule Warriors Link, no question.

Coming from someone who's grown up with the Legend of Zelda series starting from the NES, this has to be my favorite link as well. When you play a million Zelda games where he does nothing but swipe a sword with one or two animations, he actually fights like I would want him to. Shield charges, rising spin attack(from SC2 I think), running spin attacks awesome combos and crazy weapon variety, this is the most fanservice we've ever gotten from a Zelda game packed into one character. I can't tell you enough how happy I am with Hyrule Warriors Link.

Although I guess I wouldn't appreciate it as much if I didn't play all the other games he's still a badass in it.

pink hair link is #1 despite getting no merchandise or even being allowed to keep pink hair in his own sequel. what the heck nintendo.

gimme the pink hair

Breath of the Wild Link by a mile.
Just didn't like the dumb look on his face every time he remembered something.
225869_detail_01.jpg

Wind Waker Link gets second for being the most endearing.

I like Twilight Princess Link. I like his color palette and the extra detail on his clothes. Plus the way he became sort of a
mentor to Colin
was a really nice touch, and the implied possibility of a
romantic interest in Midna
was really cute and a tad heartbreaking.

I promise you that's not a thing.

Not

Banned
It'll be the one that finally kisses Zelda

The one baller Link in all of history after millennia of incarnation after incarnation getting shafted

I'm kidding, Zelda don't owe him shit

showing too much leg there x_x

nope nope

puts on some damn pants link

I know he seems young and provocative but he's really a thousand-year-old Gleeok

Kamina

Golden Boy
Designwise and animationwise it is BotW Link.
Storywise and because i think he is the coolest: OoT Link

MaddenNFL64

Haven't played BotW, or Skyward Sword, so I won't bring them up, but BotW looks damn good, and the Link has a case for himself no doubt. So of the games ive played:

The game he's in is the best in the franchise overall. - Hero of Time (OoT)
His cosmetics/style are best in this game. - Hero of Twilight (TP)
His personality is most dynamic in this game. - Hero of Wind (WW)
The story he plays a part in is best of the franchise. - Hero of Time (Majora's Mask)
He's strongest in this iteration. - Hero of fucked up timeline (LttP)

egruntz

shelaughz
Alright, as someone who only played BotW and OoT...having enjoyed the former but not the latter...do you guys think I would enjoy Skyward Sword? Is on the Wii the only way to play it? I only have a Switch. >.>

Top Bottom