• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alright, GAF. Which Link is the best Link?

Alright, as someone who only played BotW and OoT...having enjoyed the former but not the latter...do you guys think I would enjoy Skyward Sword? Is on the Wii the only way to play it? I only have a Switch. >.>

It's only on Wii and Wii U. And you need motion plus. And most people call BotW the response to Skyward Sword and past 3D Zelda formula in general.

Terada09.jpg

Hoh yeah, player. This is my link, right here. He's the good stuff!

Wind Waker Link touched my cold dead heart. He has a really distinctive personality, along with a charming dynamic with all the characters he interacts with, especially his sister and Tetra. The detail with all the little character and facial animations - both in and out of cutscenes - is just superb. I know Wind Waker isn't hard, either, but I still love the combat flow, with the sound effects that come with it.

tumblr_nllighajgS1u8b1wro1_250.gif

Story-wise, it is probably OoT/MM Link, because you have that good ol' 'outcast kid becomes world saving hero' journey. I don't mind BotW's Link, either, as there are some nice little bits of reactive character animation there, too.

TheMoon

I really like Breath of the Wild and Ocarina/Majora Link.

But surprised nobody said Pink Hair Link.

tumblr_n8rqic8cRO1r77l2ro1_500.png

USWY7lV.png

As with every "nobody mentioned X yet" post on GAF, people already did lol.

The one with the pink hair

pink hair link is #1 despite getting no merchandise or even being allowed to keep pink hair in his own sequel. what the heck nintendo.

gimme the pink hair

Even on the same page lol

I feel like TP link is pretty strong too. Don't underestimate a farm boy!

True, but I remember a memory where Zelda is patching up a small scratch Link has and telling him to take it easy
while their surrounding by a battlefield scattered with tons of dead enemies, a number of them being Lynels

Battlechili

Banned
I promise you that's not a thing.
I mean,
tears were shed and he seemed sad when Midna returned to her world.
And Midna did tease him about her beauty once she
returned to her original form.
I took that as an implied potential romantic interest. I suppose it could just be a friendship thing/her being her.

The Colin thing is definitely a thing though. Not just because of Colin's interactions with him and how he constantly talks about wanting to be like Link, but also due to the cutscenes during the end credits showing
Link giving Colin his old shield

I still like TP Link over all others though, whether the Midna thing is a thing or not.

Top Bottom