• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I crazy or did Geist have nudity

bomblord

Banned
I have crawled the internet for this but I can't find it and I could almost swear I seen this.

I know the first thing your going to think is "shower scene". No I am not talking about the shower scene.

Ok first off this is going to be incredibly vague and I apologize but it has been a long while since I played the game and I never completed it.

There is a secretary in the game who wears a red skirt. If I remember right possessing her is optional but you do you can take her to a place with mice I think this is either backtracking or further than you would normally should take her as you needed to possess another person to open a door (you could repossess her after the door was open and continue like this with her instead of keeping the next possession)

Anyway once you get to the mice if you possess it and look up her skirt she is not wearing underwear and it actually shows this with fairly graphic detail (well as graphic as the gamecube could do)

Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I dreamed it, but I could have swore it was in there can anyone else confirm or deny this? Have I lost it gaf? Multiple internet searches have turned up nothing on the subject and no one else seems to be aware of it.

bomblord

Banned
Since Nintendo is the one that published it, there would probably be more controversy surrounding it if true. Although, it could be another situation like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNDOcyEGhoQ

It honestly could just be a case of something that happened a long time ago being slowly altered and hyperbolized in my memory (like how when people tell "fish" stories and the fish gets progressively bigger every time they tell it) maybe it just looked like it or something but I remember being fairly shocked when I seen it.

killercow

I should learned to read :(

On topic: Geist is so underrated, I've finished the game 3-4 times and played the heck out of the multiplayer.

Jawmuncher

If I had the game OP I would play it right now and find out.
I actually have always wanted to play geist but never have.

wrowa

Since Nintendo is the one that published it, there would probably be more controversy surrounding it if true. Although, it could be another situation like this:

Well, Geist was never a particularly popular game, so it's possible that some developer from n-space put something naughty in the game none of the few people who played Geist managed to find. Not likely, but definitely possible.

So, OP, you know the right thing to do. Go back to the game and find that skirt. :p

sphinx

the piano man
I played Geist twice from beginning to end and can't remember any scene where there was a woman showing anything.

I vaguely remember a shower scene with a samus aran helmet in the lockers, that's all.

There is a scene where you can view a woman in the shower but because of the steam, you can't actually enter it yourself in ghost form. So you possess the shower head and can see her with steam censoring the parts you would expect it to censor.

You possess her when she gets out by breaking the mirror.

I like to LP terrible games for friends so I did this with Geist last year.

bomblord

Banned
I played Geist twice from beginning to end and can't remember any scene where there was a woman showing anything.

I vaguely remember a shower scene with a samus aran helmet in the lockers, that's all.

It wasnt a scene it was a case of taking a possessed woman further (or backwards) than you norkally
would and then possessing a rat and looking up her skirt.

Someone needs to Photoshop the plane flying towards the sun pic onto a tv with a gamecube in front of it.

jF9pxnDp5GAiC.jpg

tensuke

I don't remember anything like that, but it was a long time ago and I wasn't that into Geist. Maybe if someone has it they can find out and report back?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Didn't Agent Under Fire have a trick where you could see a chick in the shower?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I have rented geist, played and enjoyed it but didnt get that far in the story and its been quite a few years since I played so I probably wouldnt even remember the part

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The hardest part of testing this will be finding someone who still owns Geist.

D.Lo

Evidently I'm not good at reading this morning.
That said, cool game, I did play it through and never saw the other nudity you're describing.

Sounds unlikely it would be there and not on youtube.

I always liked the concept of Geist, but never actually bought the game.

I was waiting for it to get cheaper, and then I just entirely forgot about it.

I have a feeling that this was probably an unintended texture overlap or something. Most textures are just half the model, right? The character has a skirt and they don't expect someone to look up it, so they color it lazily. That makes a seam down the middle and it kind of resembles something graphic.

I dunno, my best guess.

bomblord

Banned
Ok gaf after some googling I am almost positive this is the character I'll try to figure out what part of the game it appears in.

geist4.jpg

Top Bottom