• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AM2R and Poke Uranium Both Removed From the Game Awards "Best Fan Creation" Category

Update
Geoff's on Twitch talking about TGAs, and yeah, he's saying Nintendo weren't cool with these two games being in the show. Didn't give them the heads up beforehand (nor did he tip off the creators), said the show would be at risk if he didn't pull them, so yeah, they went.

Pretty obvious, but hey, he's said it now himself and he said it's a bummer. Which it is!

2016-11-2024fs7h.png

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

Original nominees
BEST FAN CREATION
For fan-created content, such as mods, fan films, and other player content.

Project A2MR
Pokémon Uranium
Brutal Doom 64
Enderal: The Shards of Order

It was a nice thought while it lasted...

And on the other side of the fence...

Brutal DOOM 64 is a modification of the fan port/remake of DOOM 64 to PCs that was released for free a couple years ago.

presumably they've got some kind of WURLD EGGSGLUESIEVE from Nintendo

otherwise one would hope Geoff would tell them to pipe down

Nintendo probably wouldn't have been happy with them nominating (and potentially awarding) a fan Pokemon game while the actual Pokemon game is absent from the awards.

Eolz

I'm more surprised they were here in the first place, especially Pokemon.
What a shame. Understandable, but really disappointing, AM2R was picking up a lot of votes.

Deadbeat

Banned
Makes sense. You dont want a fan game winning an award for a franchise you yourself havent made anything worthwhile in nearly a decade.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Yep, this is similar to Project M being removed from Nintendo-sponsored EVO.

Considering how Geoff called out Konami over not letting Kojima attend the Game Awards, I don't expect him to remain silent on this either, even if Nintendo is part of the event.

Too bad about AM2R, I never really play fan games, but not only did I try this one, I also liked it so much to complete the entire thing.

LordKano

Considering how Geoff called out Konami over not letting Kojima attend the Game Awards, I don't expect him to remain silent on this either, even if Nintendo is part of the event.

Lol, you're talking like Geoff is some revolutionnary guy or something.
Nintendo is sponsoring the event. He won't say anything.

Fucking hell Nintendo.

Not surprising at all, but why they insist on denying am2r ever existed just angers up my blood. It's not like they were pumping 2d metroids out by the dozen that it was competing with.

AM2R still gets the award in my heart, at least until Nintendo works out how to send a c&d letter there too.

Tagyhag

Lol Geoff is a fucking shill.

Konami was pretty much out of the video game business and weren't sponsoring the event at all.

He won't say shit.

Sesha

Kojima is widely loved, is Geoff's friend, and Konami were on their way of the console business and had been doing everything they can to make people inside and outside of the industry hate them, making calling them out an easy and relatively safe choice.

Even if he's been tough on Nintendo and guys like Reggie in interviews in the past, he likely won't say a peep about this. At least, I'd be extremely surprised if he did.

Corpekata

Banned
Always wondered how it could be on there if it got a C&D letter unless Keighley just didn't ask permission from the creators

A C&D doesn't mean it couldn't be awarded something like this. Nintendo isn't using legal pressure here, but business pressure. If this show was unaffiliated with Nintendo, they'd have no grounds.

And on the other side of the fence...

Brutal DOOM 64 is a modification of the fan port/remake of DOOM 64 to PCs that was released for free a couple years ago.

Top Bottom