• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing car crash in GTA V

FalsettoVibe

Gold Member
lol....you would think that at some point people would stop trying to drive through a huge pile of rubble and fire on the road.

PSYGN

I can't believe how much attention this is getting. This is literally like every traffic chain explosion in the game. People on fire running and getting rammed by other cars determined to make it through like a movie scene. You guys can easily recreate this in the game and it never gets old :D.

Drifters

fyKHXdd.png

FURY ROAD

PSYGN

I lost it at the player attempting to climb the fence and failing (3:06), and then again at the Smart Car bombing it down the beach to escape the chaos. Stuff like this is why I love GTA V.

This is why I fear one day that GTA will be too smart. If it ever gets too realistic, I hope there's an "AI is dumb" cheat code that replicates the beautiful logic of today's GTA.

SnowDrops

Holy shit, the rumble strips are actually modeled? Or is that some texture magic that makes it look so? Incredible either way

I didnt check if theyre actually 3D modeled but when playing with a gamepad they actually really go rumble on the pad too. Will check and tell you after.

Edit: Its Textures:
20438658426_6e32ecdb61_o.png

IA was obviously designed with primitive goals (get from A to B, avoid X, then do y), and not reactors at all.

You don't need a "next iteration" machine for that, just someone who knows how to do it.

Luigi87

Holy crap I laughed way too hard at this, lmao

The ambulance driver coming out and immediately burning up, and the guy who basically said "FTS!" and drove onto the beach just killed me.

All I can look at is this truck with a beer brand called "Pißwasser" haha
littlerally just piss water, if that needs translating

Roshin

Too bad the erlier mayhem dispawns constantly making it a small crash scene. Is there a mod on PC to maximize the number of allowable wrecks?

Yeah, it's a shame we don't have persistent bodies and wrecks. Still, it was a glorious video.

Venfayth

I want to play GTAV again just to dick around, but I don't want to play through the story again, it's so damn slow for a replay. I have it on PS4 now - but I only beat it on my PS3 which I don't have anymore. Is there a way to quick play with everything unlocked? It's such a pain to get through the story stuff, I've tried a dozen times.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
"aw shit a bunch of explosions, let me try and drive through the middle or along the side."

When your late for yoga, nothing will stop you

Also this video had me in tears. Literally every stupid AI moment crammed into one

The ambulance car appearing on fire and the paramedic just immediately being engulfed in flames as soon as he opened the door was hysterical, as was the smart car just saying 'fuck it all' as he plowed to the beach.

lmao this fucking AI, it loos like armageddon but they'd rather give a shot at driving through it, they couldn't afford to be late at work

Top Bottom