• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazing car crash in GTA V

Justinh

24 seconds in, the guy kicking the other guy on the ground that's on fire, thus catching himself on fire.

I laughed so hard at that.

Also, I wanted to see that one guy get hit with a third car while trying to run away...

I've never seen this, holy crap I'm dying -- can't stop replaying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Ki6Gx2Pgk
this has me doing the wheezing/laughing that would leave me incredibly embarrassed if anyone saw/heard me. My ribs hurt now.

ffdgh

The most hilarious oddity is that one car that took a detour to the beach.
KuGsj.gif

Justinh

The most hilarious oddity is that one car that took a detour to the beach.
KuGsj.gif

The weird thing that went through my brain when I saw that was
"Oh, of course he'd do that..."

as if I knew the guy or something. I felt like a crazy person for a minute afterwards.

Game is rather fun to free roam in because it has some rather fun or unexpected 'small' events too (youtube links, ads turned off):

- The Lost get involved in a Cop Chase, general chaos and swearing ensues
- Car hits body, becomes missile (at about 0:40)
- Cop shoots a dog (about 1:00)
- Truck hits pedestrian, ped starts shooting, another truck hits ped (about 0:50)
- Pedestrian beat down, then "I better call my wife"

And general damage testing/mayhem with a tank

- Testing car deformation with a tank
- General tank vs cops mayhem (most action near the end)

I play GTA5 regularly yet, and while I miss a lot of the role playing features of SA or the faster deformation and vehicle weight of IV, in general the game is a pretty awesome theme park to just free roam in, whether it's a creeping on locals who owe Trevor money, a relaxing sail boat ride, raiding Lost spawns, motorbiking with NPCs, 3-man Hangout raids, or going for a cruise in the Grand Senora Desert - CEO of Trevor Philips Industries.

Holy fucking shit are these seriously the real graphics for GTA5?

Context: The last new GTA game I played was a bit of San Andreas, around when it came out. Since then, I haven't touched the series until today, when I played Vice City on my PS3.

The graphical leap is... beyond astounding O____O

Ihyll

Context: The last new GTA game I played was a bit of San Andreas, around when it came out. Since then, I haven't touched the series until today, when I played Vice City on my PS3.

Been living under a rock? The game has been out for almost 2 years now lol. But yeah the graphics are something else.

The video in the OP is hilarious though so much chaos...people were literally running for the hills lmao.

Yarbskoo

It's a huge improvement over GTA IV even on medium settings. With a few graphics tweaks it really looks amazing.

Tainted

It's a huge improvement over GTA IV even on medium settings. With a few graphics tweaks it really looks amazing.

What is that stripey shadow artifact which can be seen underneath the pier in the foreground ? It really bugged me on the PS4 version where it is very pronounced...used to see it around everywhere

-edit for clarity- Although Cannot see it in my shot really...but look at this spot in previous screenie

gpJRzxw.jpg

When Sony and Microsoft built in capture and editing facilities into these consoles it was for games like this, I'm utterly convinced of it.

The scope of this game to act like a complete ass impresses every time I boot it up.

My contribution to the asshattery,
http://youtu.be/MSpcxWp38qw

Piggus

What have you been doing with you life? Play it! It's an incredible game.

Yarbskoo

What is that stripey shadow artifact which can be seen underneath the pier in the foreground ? It really bugged me on the PS4 version where it is very pronounced...used to see it around everywhere

-edit for clarity- Although Cannot see it in my shot really...but look at this spot in previous screenie

gpJRzxw.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what the technical details are, but I imagine it's a result of how the engine handles detail fade over distance and the resolution of the shadows and how they're softened. It's probably not visible on higher settings on PC.

Tainted

I'm not entirely sure what the technical details are, but I imagine it's a result of how the engine handles detail fade over distance and the resolution of the shadows and how they're softened. It's probably not visible on higher settings on PC.

I just remember at release on the PS4 not really seeing or noticing it much until they released that performance patch shortly before it came out on PC. After that it was everywhere and quite noticeable.

I have the PC version as well, but I dont have a monster rig so I run at lower detail and have noticed it also. I guess it is just a hangover from a 'lastgen' engine

It's always that one stretch of road that causes the most spectacular accidents.
Yeah around release that Franklin 'Final Destination' video a gaffer made in the OT was basically the same area.

All the highways really behave the same though and it's funny they're always near Chumash because personally I almost never drive past Chumash. Small habits like that probably vary on your character though; maybe people who mostly play M or F like Chumash up to Paleto more, where as I mostly just play Trevor and basically between East LS, SS, and Harmony/Grapeseed up to east entrance of Paleto.

The mountain pass there is also a great place. Cars still tear along and they have even less chance to go off-road like that beach-cruising smart car.

PSqueak

Banned
When the ambulance arrived and the Paramedic who got off it was already on fire, that was the point where i lost it.

Top Bottom