• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Buys MGM, Studio Behind James Bond, for $8.45 Billion

jufonuk

not tag worthy
So instead of Sony products. Amazon will have the product placements.
No more bald villains also lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What's with people having a fear of large corporations? Are they watching and reading too many sci fi stories where corporations start ruling the world?

TTOOLL

So I don't have to pay extra inside Prime Video to access their content? Good. Streaming has become a mess.

Wulfer

Really shocked Sony didn't try to buy MGM they've held James Bond so long it'll be strange to see Sony have to ask for James Bond to be on its platform. Also, winning Stargate and Rocky are pure wins for Amazon!

Last edited:

T8SC

5b7qhp.jpg

Apparently Amazon's original Lord of the Rings deal didn't allow using or mentioning Hobbits, which is why they didn't do The Hobbit or Lord of the Rings, and had to set it thousands of years in the past. Now they have those rights, and can do the book, if they choose. I love Peter Jackson's stuff, but have to admit, I'd love to see the Lord of the Rings done in a proper 3 seasons or more.

Top Bottom