• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Cancelling Master Edition's of Zelda: BotW Orders

spookyfish

So, if the one-order email is indeed legit, doesn't it make sense to send that out BEFORE cancelling people's orders? Everything seems really backward on this ...

So, if the one-order email is indeed legit, doesn't it make sense to send that out BEFORE cancelling people's orders? Everything seems really backward on this ...

I was about to say the same thing. It would have at least made more sense if the "additional orders" email came out first to everyone, and then later on people chosen by Amazon's roulette wheel got the single-order cancellations.

Right now everything is so confusing.

So far my blue joycons got cancelled, one set of straps, and my Master Edition from Amazon. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if my Switch is next on the chopping block 😰

Am I crazy for wanting to preorder the standard game from bestbuy just in case? I want the master edition but not being able to play this day one would be awful after waiting so damn long. Anyone with experience with bestbuy know if canceling an order is easy? Like once my amazon stuff safely ships Thursday to be here by Friday will I be able to cancel my bestbuy order still?

If you have a best buy within reasonable distance you can order for store pickup (if thats still an option) and the order is auto cancelled if you don't pick it up within 7 days. You don't get billed, if you pay by credit card, until you pick up.

I wonder if the best buy masters editions are due for cancels next. I have one on pre order, the window of availability for that one was a LOT longer than amazon so it'd be kind of weird if amazon cancelled about half of theirs (which seems to be the case based on reddit posts) and best buy didn't cancel any.

I also wonder what happens on eBay to people who bought one from someone who pre ordered on amazon but got cancelled, especially if they are outside the 30 day buy window. Gonna get messy I think, although usually ebay sides with buyers.

Vidiot

If you have a best buy within reasonable distance you can order for store pickup (if thats still an option) and the order is auto cancelled if you don't pick it up within 7 days. You don't get billed, if you pay by credit card, until you pick up.

This is exactly what I did. Thank you! I've got a back up Switch and now a standard copy of Zelda just in case amazon fail me.

spookyfish

So far my blue joycons got cancelled, one set of straps, and my Master Edition from Amazon. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if my Switch is next on the chopping block 😰

Don't know how long they're available, or if they'll go through, but Target.com is showing the blue and red joy-cons and the blue and red straps available for shipping.

Give it a try?

styl3s

So far my blue joycons got cancelled, one set of straps, and my Master Edition from Amazon. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if my Switch is next on the chopping block ��
Canceling a collectors edition is one thing but cancelling switches at the rate these CE's are getting canceled would cause insane backlash.

If my Masters Edition gets canceled fine but if they cancel the Switch that would be the straw that broke the camels back for me i would cancel prime and shop at Best Buy from now on.

Sulik2

I've said it before and I will say it again. Nintendo's manufacturing division is incompetent and their management needs to be fired. They lose the company money time after time by not planning manufacturing properly.

kubev

My orders for a blue Joy-Con set and a red Joy-Con set were just canceled automatically from Amazon. I just canceled my order for extra grips, because there's no point in having the grips if I don't have any Joy-Con to go on them.

Sealtest

So I contacted amazon support again over the email and they fail to understand the reason why it's unavailable is because they sold out.

He kept telling me everyone's was cancelled because they don't have stock. Which I know is a lie but I just couldn't keep listening to it.

So far this seems to be only an Amazon thing. Haven't heard other retailers doing mass cancellations.

Nintendo gave Amazon a huge shipment of Switches then proceeded to steal the shipment with their ninjas because Nintendo hates Amazon and then gave them to Best Buy. This is the truth until proven wrong.

Kolma

Nintendo gave Amazon a huge shipment of Switches then proceeded to steal the shipment with their ninjas because Nintendo hates Amazon and then gave them to Best Buy. This is the truth until proven wrong.

Work at best buy, can confirm. (Not really)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
SO I wonder if maybe, just maybe, a lot of orders were cancelled, then they cancelled extra ones people pre-ordered (was it just limited to 1, anyways?) and maybe now might have extra?

Still mad... If anyone wants to sell theirs for $200 shipped, well, I'll be here. That's the most I'll go.

BMOFTW

SO I wonder if maybe, just maybe, a lot of orders were cancelled, then they cancelled extra ones people pre-ordered (was it just limited to 1, anyways?) and maybe now might have extra?

Still mad... If anyone wants to sell theirs for $200 shipped, well, I'll be here. That's the most I'll go.

Im with you! And I can hear offers for buying one

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just got the additional order email, but I had only a single copy preordered. Doesn't seem to be canceled though.

Kolma

So my best buy had two preorders for master edition... And we are getting 3. At least I have a slight shimmer of hope of it gets cancelled

Credo

Just got the additional order email, but I had only a single copy preordered. Doesn't seem to be canceled though.

Same here. I got worried at first but I only ordered one originally and my order is still listed, so I guess they're just sending out the same e-mail to everyone who ordered it.

Funny how Nintendo can never produce enough special editions of a game. The demand is there but they refuse to supply. They are literally leaving money on the table. Unless for some reason they make more profit off a regular copy than special. Idk...

mjc

Sorry to hear that you guys lost preorders, that sucks big time. Hopefully there's other compensation besides $10 credits.

Lum1n3s

So Amazon was nice enough to extend my prime up until May but I got some interesting info out of this email they sent me as a follow up!

sdKXLeA.jpg

k419ehl.jpg

FYI, I was able to re-order a set of blue Joy-Cons from Target.com. They say I'll get them on release date, but we will see what happens...

Kolma

When was the last time someone got a cancellation for the master edition? Have those calmed down? Is the fear over?

DylanEno

When was the last time someone got a cancellation for the master edition? Have those calmed down? Is the fear over?
The fear is never truly over when it comes to Nintendo limited editions

*looks out my rainy window staring solemnly out at the fire emblem fates special edition*

I blame Nintendo for this. With all the hype around this game, to have a limited edition be that limited is ridiculous. I'm convinced they don't like money (NES Classic stock, Switch stock, Zedla stock). Just makes no sense to "drive up demand" by making it limited when demand is already out there. Only people who benefit are asshole scalpers.

Weevilone

FYI, I was able to re-order a set of blue Joy-Cons from Target.com. They say I'll get them on release date, but we will see what happens...

So this is just for 2 player gaming? Won't you need that middle piece that slips between? Ugh I need to learn my Switch language.

I checked my normal order of Zelda and it says they don't have a delivery date yet? Is that supposed to be that way? I pre-ordered it day one. Imma be upset if it doesn't come the third.

ViolentP

I have a standard edition I'm about to cancel unless someone here wants to make an offer on it. Would rather someone here get it than be lost to the void.

I wake up and check my email first thing. First thing I see:

"Your Amazon.com Order. Due to high demand..."

Me: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

But I guess everyone got this email. My order still safe. Phew!

Serati2002

Neo Member
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Wish it was under better circumstances.

I just wanted to mention that EVERYONE should be contacting amazon about this. I just got off chat with a guy named Lou and got nearly 90$ in amazon gift card balance ON TOP of the 10 dollars that was provided in the initial cancellation. I would post a chat transcript, but it has my name littered all over it.

Essentially, Lou tried to find me a replacement copy of the Master Edition at other stores (which was hilarious imo that thats the solution) and found one on eBay for 170$ and issued me a gift card refund for the difference that I was going to pay on Amazon. Then, because he was awesome, he refunded some past orders of mine. It pays off to be nice but firm in these situations.

This sucks royally, I wanted that Master edition badly and was one of the first to preorder it, but getting nearly 100$ back for this ordeal makes up for it nicely.

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Wish it was under better circumstances.

I just wanted to mention that EVERYONE should be contacting amazon about this. I just got off chat with a guy named Lou and got nearly 90$ in amazon gift card balance ON TOP of the 10 dollars that was provided in the initial cancellation. I would post a chat transcript, but it has my name littered all over it.

Essentially, Lou tried to find me a replacement copy of the Master Edition at other stores (which was hilarious imo that thats the solution) and found one on eBay for 170$ and issued me a gift card refund for the difference that I was going to pay on Amazon. Then, because he was awesome, he refunded some past orders of mine. It pays off to be nice but firm in these situations.

This sucks royally, I wanted that Master edition badly and was one of the first to preorder it, but getting nearly 100$ back for this ordeal makes up for it nicely.

Damn son.

Lee

You're like the online personification of the "I'd Like To Speak To Your Manager" haircut. Good work man.

Wallach

I got that "only one order" e-mail last night but my order was not cancelled. Only have the one order.

Fuck is even going on over there.

Top Bottom