• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Cancelling Master Edition's of Zelda: BotW Orders

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I heard that apparently some cancelled copies are being sent shipping notices? Has anyone else heard about this?

NFreak

For those who get the Special &/or Limited, can you compare the game box to the regular edition? Walmart seems to be fulfilling my order on the Special Edition (still in "processing"), but I wasn't able to cancel the order for just the game from Best Buy, but I might open BB's copy & play that, then mail the copy of the game included in the Special Edition, but I want to ensure the game boxes are the same.

The boxes are not the same. The special and master editions have no esrb rating on them and have just artwork of a guardian on the back.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would like to know this too. Planning on picking up a copy at Gamestop's midnight launch, then returning the one I get in the mail with my Special Edition.

Edit: Found a video. The Special Edition game case box art lacks an ESRB logo, has backside artwork instead of game info, and says NOT FOR RESALE.

Ah well, guess I gotta stick with Bomberman at midnight...

The boxes are not the same. The special and master editions have no esrb rating on them and have just artwork of a guardian on the back.
Damn it. Thanks for the info, guess I'm sending the copy BB is mailing me back as soon as I get it. Guess I'm waiting until next Tuesday or Wednesday to get Zelda, to which I'll probably be playing Nier Automata instead.

Zips

Amazon just updated my order...To say I may not get it until two weeks after release...

Jeez. Very tempted just to go and see if I can find it at my local best buy. I'd have to pay $40 more than what I preordered for though...

Kolma

now to see how badly the box gets destroyed in the mail @_@

I can at least take a small breath of relief with it.

but since they are shipping out now, people should be on the look out, likely in the next 48 hours these will come back in stock for a few minutes on amazon for the cancelled orders (the current wave that will fail due to credit cards and last minute cancels and what not)

I'm fully expecting the box to come damage, me to complain, amazon to give me some money, and me to buy some Nindies with it.

zulux21

I'm fully expecting the box to come damage, me to complain, amazon to give me some money, and me to buy some Nindies with it.

I am half expecting the box to have the packaging label taped to it and just sent that way :/

but yeah worst case I will complain to amazon like I usually do with damaged limited editions as i always hope that some day they will figure out much like you shouldn't ship a glass in a bubble mailer you also shouldn't ship something collectible and easily crushed in a bubble mailer.

Kolma

While we all continue to wait for our copies of Zelda. Here's some pics you all might be interested in.
Code:
Back of Master Edition copy of Zelda from unboxing video
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3FGO6zf.png[/IMG]
Back of regular BOTW for comparison
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QgjczvZ.png[/IMG]
Special Edition with my thumb for size
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vNbWo9i.png[/IMG]
Special Edition as you guys have probably inferred from the master edition unboxing is the same height as the Master Edition.

BorntoPlay

While we all continue to wait for our copies of Zelda. Here's some pics you all might be interested in.
Code:
Back of Master Edition copy of Zelda from unboxing video
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3FGO6zf.png[/IMG]

Yes, the special have the same back cover...

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition Unboxing

bHYRnWc.png

Plasmid

Master edition & Switch both shipped. Honestly i don't know how i survived the mass cancellations, my order time was 2:28 CST.

Glad to have the entire ordeal over with though, i really debated selling it but in the long run i think that sword is just too nice to sell, and im sure used master editions will still go for around 300-400 within a year.

Kolma

Master edition & Switch both shipped. Honestly i don't know how i survived the mass cancellations, my order time was 2:28 CST.

Glad to have the entire ordeal over with though, i really debated selling it but in the long run i think that sword is just too nice to sell, and im sure used master editions will still go for around 300-400 within a year.

Amazon's Cancellation Strategy
Code:
[IMG]http://static.wixstatic.com/media/c40eb3_1789b0cc7809428688cf114045f39ed3.jpg[/IMG]

All I had was the Strategy guide ordered and they cant even fucking get that to me on time. It releases on the 3rd and just updates to let me know mine will be here on the 7th.

What the fuck am I a Prime member for?

Screw you Amazon.

It's easier to control not breaking street date this way.

Ah well, unfortunately Royal Mail doesn't give a damn about breaking street dates. Other reputable dealers manage to consistently get the games out on time (yes, even before some of them, but either retailers or games companies need to be more flexible).

In any case Amazon should foot the bill for better delivery, it's laughable that they can't get the biggest game of the year out on time.

My copy from ShopTo will be here later on today, and I'll sell my copy from Amazon on!

maxcriden

All I had was the Strategy guide ordered and they cant even fucking get that to me on time. It releases on the 3rd and just updates to let me know mine will be here on the 7th.

What the fuck am I a Prime member for?

Screw you Amazon.

That's really annoying. I'm sorry to hear it. If you contact them you should be able to get some kind of recompense though.

Esiquio

I can't believe Amazon not only cancelled my order, but also then told me I would get just one Master Edition, then cancelled that. On top of that, my two e-mails requesting an answer have been completely ignored. Like, zero response. I have never had such a bad experience with Amazon in the many, many years I've been using them.

Time for a real nastygram.

That's really annoying. I'm sorry to hear it. If you contact them you should be able to get some kind of recompense though.

Yeah I mean my terrible plight isnt much compared to the whole master edition being cancelled but it is extremely annoying. They did update my order...to tell me it'd be delivered on the 8th. What?

So yeah I cancelled it.

It really just pisses me off because it's not even for me it's for my son and he loves the strategy guides to games more than the games themselves sometimes. He's mildly autistic so I imagine that has something to do with his strategy guide obsession. He likes to either play or watch me play and ask if I want to hear about the next boss I'm going to be fighting lmao.

I'll just have to grab it from Walmart or Gamestop or something if I can find a copy I guess.

hayejin

So those who got their master editions cancelled, what did you guys do after?

Paid the scalper price or found one elsewhere?

Top Bottom