• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Cancelling Master Edition's of Zelda: BotW Orders

There's no time to this, there are people who pre-ordered it before other people in the Master thread and still got theirs cancelled. It's a matter of luck right now and if you are chosen by the Hylean gods or not.

Curious, out of the people who got cancelled, were any of you prime users?

Lum1n3s

EA3Iv6z.jpg

I'm in disbelief right now.

Mine is cancelled and I ordered with 1 click right when it opened. I'm beyond pissed.

I had the chance to get it from other sources afterwards but I only want 1 and didn't want to hold the chance for others to get it. That means I need to secure every possible preorder from now on but I no longer want to take my business to Amazon. $10 GC is not nearly enough compensation for a game that means the most to me than any other game ever.

Or you know this is probably on Nintendo, and not Amazon. Nintendo has previously burned their bridges with Amazon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
$10 is $10, can't beat that.
Least I can put that $10 towards the Special EditiOH WAIT, I CAN'T.

Guess I'll just have to order the game by itseOH WAIT, I CAN'T DO THAT EITHER.

& of course, Best Buy doesn't have either edition. Neither does GameStop (though without the 20% discount, it would've been a last resort).

The fact this was done almost a week before the game's launch when the pre-orders went up a month ago is probably the most annoying. If my order was cancelled a day or two after the pre-orders were available saying "sorry, we don't have enough pre-orders & first come, first serve", I'd accept that, but now, it's pretty much impossible to find any place else without resorting to scalpers.

Curious, out of the people who got cancelled, were any of you prime users?
I am indeed a Prime user.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Mine still there. Amazon Prime member with Amazon Visa Rewards card on there. Pre ordered just as it came up when there wasn't even a picture. Nothing so far, anxiously awaiting an email so I can go cry in a corner. Don't fuck me Amazon :(

I thought I had it bad. (Amazon has been bungling a lot of my recent gaming preorders) That's so incredibly lame of them. I think ill be sticking to best buy for games from now on.

Try making a stink on social media? See if Nintendo or Amazon can make it right.

Baltic

Banned
Cancelled my gamestop preorder today after having secured a special edition 2 weeks ago.

And now we play the waiting game...

Malvingt2

& of course, Best Buy doesn't have either edition. Neither does GameStop (though without the 20% discount, it would've been a last resort).

The fact this was done almost a week before the game's launch when the pre-orders went up a month ago is probably the most annoying. If my order was cancelled a day or two after the pre-orders were available saying "sorry, we don't have enough pre-orders & first come, first serve", I'd accept that, but now, it's pretty much impossible to find any place else without resorting to scalpers.

Wait.. regular version sold out everywhere? o_O

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
If it's only Amazon and not other retailers that would indicate a problem on Amazon's end.

This isn't a surprise Amazon sucks so hard at collectors editions from packaging to this kind of stuff.

I feel for anyone that gets a master edition taken from you.

People who were cancelled on, when did you get the email from Amazon? I need to know if I need to keep biting my nails and refreshing my Amazon order.

Meeps

Now I regret passing on a backup at GameStop. :/

My Nintendo contact is going to try to find out what the hell happened.

rockyt

You blame Amazon but what if

Nintendo: You can have 25,000 copies.
Amazon: Takes 25,000 preorders.
Nintendo: JK, you can have 5k.

Isn't that more likely?

If this was the case than shouldnt other places be canceling as well. I hate to admit it but i preodered gamestop.

Amazon also has a tendency in the past to oversell preorders in the past. Which is why i dont usually buy limited edition from them anymore on anything.

watershed

Banned
This is a really awful thing to have happen. Sorry to anyone impacted. I hope its not widespread. If this is Nintendo messing up their stock situation again, oh man the incompetence.

Jesus Christ. Hear I was being upset that I couldn't snag a Sonic collector's on Switch. This is way worse. I got a regular edition, but still. Feeling for all of you. This is terrible. My ass is praying it stops at this because I ordered my Switch through Amazon.

If this was more likely, wouldn't other stores be cancelling preorders as well by now?

NOA decides they don't have enough CE's because they're NA. They can either get bad blood with multiple vendors by cancelling or they can just tell one vendor.

Epcott

Wow... that reaaaaally sucks. Hope you guys can pick up a regular ZBOTW by launch at one of the stores. Are most online dealers sold out?

Erekiddo

Fortunately, I had both Master and Special editions ordered. Playing hardball to try to get a credit applied to the Special.

Saw Wario retweet orders cancelling on Amazon and checked my email and saw something from Amazon. :(

Preordered the minute it was up as well.

Holy shit that sucks! I'm so sorry for everyone this affects! Hopefully they recognize $10 is shitty consolation and figure something out.

antonz

If this was the case than shouldnt other places be canceling as well. I hate to admit it but i preodered gamestop.

Its entirely possible other retailers may begin cancelling. All depends on when they get their total inventory and can match up inventory versus orders.

ViolentP

If this was more likely, wouldn't other stores be cancelling preorders as well by now?

Other stores have nothing to do with the Amazon allotment. Very possible other stores had smaller numbers allotted and those numbers were actually fulfilled.

But rest assured that Amazon did not reach its success by making stupid decisions and selling something you don't have to sell is as stupid as it gets.

You could use the $10 plus us the BIGTHANKS promo to get $9 off a $50 order to buy a eshop card and get it digitally.

AsakuraZ

So being a prime user and ordering it within a MINUTE of it being released didn't mean squat to Amazon apparently. I talked with them over the phone and basically it amounts to what I thought, which is they took way more reserves than they should. I asked if they could put the canceled orders on some sort of waiting list but by the end of the convo I calmly let the guy know it really doesn't matter. This close to release Nintendo isn't making any more and it's already too late.

I'm pissed and I feel for everyone else who got canceled. Even the physical version is mostly sold out, so I might just have to get digital if I want it in a timely manner.

LQX

And this is why some of us buy rare shit from more than one source. Some think it is all about greed. No, it is because shit like this can happen.

Linkura

I'm confused at people saying the regular edition is sold out- I went to the page and even went through to checkout and it says that release date delivery is available for the

This is still terrible though. Just confused about that part of the discussion.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a fucking moron. That was for the WiiU version, not the Switch version.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
It's definitely Nintendo. This happens with every limited edition game they release. Alway shortages, always cancellations, always less to retailers than expected.

I'm going to end up being part of the problem if I'm cancelled on because I'm not missing out on the Master edition and I'm going to pay a scalper if I have to. I will let Amazon know that too, and let them know that that's why I won't be able to afford to renew my Prime.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So this would imply there just aren't enough being manufactured, right? Jesus, Nintendo...

EDIT: Wait that shit was stolen?!

Top Bottom