• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Cancelling Master Edition's of Zelda: BotW Orders

ZeoVGM

Banned
Got my cancellation email about a half hour ago.

Limited edition has limited supplies

There's a difference between "limited supplies" and "orders that were placed the moment the product went up are being canceled a week prior to the release date."

This is unacceptable.

Amazon is normally awesome, but they've been slipping lately. Thankfully their customer service is generally always top notch. $10 seems like a sad compensation for the inconvenience of losing what seems to be a truly limited edition. On the one hand, I'm just glad they're doing anything at all. On the other, if the $10 is automatic, then that means motivated individuals may be able to contact CS chat and negotiate further compensation.

I'm confused at people saying the regular edition is sold out- I went to the page and even went through to checkout and it says that release date delivery is available.

This is still terrible though. Just confused about that part of the discussion.

Are you sure you weren't on the WiiU version?

Amazon is normally awesome, but they've been slipping lately. Thankfully their customer service is generally always top notch. $10 seems like a sad compensation for the inconvenience of losing what seems to be a truly limited edition. On the one hand, I'm just glad they're doing anything at all. On the other, if the $10 is automatic, then that means motivated individuals may be able to contact CS chat and negotiate further compensation.

$10 of their money most likely if Nintendo screwed them.

Effect

Those that had theirs canceled did you have anything else Switch related ordered via Amazon? The system itself or just the master edition?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
People who were cancelled on, when did you get the email from Amazon? I need to know if I need to keep biting my nails and refreshing my Amazon order.
My email came around 8:30 p.m. Eastern.

Wait.. regular version sold out everywhere? o_O
Amazon has the physical Wii U version. Only digital Switch version is available, which I don't want, I want physical. I can get just the game from Best Buy, but that means $30 worth of Amazon credit I can't use towards the game, not to mention about another $15 I was going to get in a few days.

You could use the $10 plus us the BIGTHANKS promo to get $9 off a $50 order to buy a eshop card and get it digitally.
I used the promo earlier today to get a 200GB Micro SD card for the Switch.

I'm confused at people saying the regular edition is sold out- I went to the page and even went through to checkout and it says that release date delivery is available.

This is still terrible though. Just confused about that part of the discussion.
Only the physical copies of the Wii U version are available. If you click & change it to "Switch", it says the physical version isn't available, only a digital code.

Those that had theirs canceled did you have anything else Switch related ordered via Amazon? The system itself or just the master edition?
It was simply just the Master Edition that I ordered, nothing else.

Ponn

Banned
Still have my Master Edition preorder. I had both that and the SE preordered but recently cancelled the SE preorder last week because I figured what the hell, only $20 more. Possible oops.gif.

AniHawk

You blame Amazon but what if

Nintendo: You can have 25,000 copies.
Amazon: Takes 25,000 preorders.
Nintendo: JK, you can have 5k.

Isn't that more likely?

sometimes this happens with amazon:

seller: you have only 25,000 units in stock
amazon: got it, 25,000 units in stock
seller: here's your 25,000 units
amazon: but we have 56,832 preorders

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
This is a fuck.

I ordered within like three minutes of it being available.

Fucking NoA.

EDIT: I just checked the thread – the first "IT'S UP!!!!!!!!!" post was at 3:23am, and I posted that I got one at 3:24am. Confirmation e-mail from Amazon at 3:24am. And I still wasn't fast enough? Christ.

So glad I didn't trust Amazon with this and went with GameStop.

*knocks on wood*

Limited Edition Nintendo stuff never seems to be good to order from there. Better off either with Best Buy or GameStop from experience.

ameleco

Curious as I haven't been cancelled on yet. How many people who have been cancelled on have prime? Maybe that's a factor? For the record, I have Prime and ordered immediately.

This is the exact reason I ordered from multiple sites.
Good job but not everyone could. I tried to order from Best Buy and other sites but they were gone in seconds. If I lose my pre order on this, that's it.

georly

Yeah they cancelled mine

god dammit

I'm almost positive i got my order in within 30 seconds of it going live. I also have prime.

Dunno if it matters but i also had the special edition preordered. Would have rather they cancelled that one.

Was cancelled at 1:34 AM gaf time.

I also ordered mine as soon as it went up since I stayed all night refreshing the page and waiting here on GAF and mine got cancelled as well. This is such bullshit.

So close to launch, too...

Mine hasn't been cancelled yet, but gonna have to keep an eye out for the reg edition just in case. And if I don't find one, I guess I'll just have to get to Best Buy way earlier than I anticipated.

riotous

Banned
Nintendo and Amazon do not have a good supplier relationship.

I remember when the Wii-U launched I ordered from Amazon, and nothing came with release date delivery. Random products I'd ordered suddenly said they wouldn't ship until January of the following year. And Wii-U stuff was not in short supply; I could literally walk to 2 stores near me and get the same products I'd ordered.

I contacted Amazon over it, and they sent me a lengthy reply telling me that their supplier was not fulfilling promised orders, and gave me a decent store credit over the situation.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It is interesting that people got an email stating they would get some accessories Mar 7th today and now the short supply from Nintendo of Master Editions resulting in cancelled orders. I think I read someone got a similar email from Target about getting an accessory on the 7th.

No such notices from Best Buy this far.

Is now a good time to let everybody know that I'll gladly sell you 1 of 20 pre-orders of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition for 2,000$

Amazon stays fuckin' up, Best Buy doesn't fuck up like this

NOA decides they don't have enough CE's because they're NA. They can either get bad blood with multiple vendors by cancelling or they can just tell one vendor.

I dont remember the details, but dont Amazon and Nintendo have a feud? You cant buy a New 3DS direct from Amazon, they just dont sell them.

Placktor

I know this is incredibly unlikely, but does anyone know of anywhere that has the special edition available. :(
Its terrible that even the normal version of the game is out of stock on amazon.

AniHawk

I doubt this.

either scenario is possible, but i know it happened in the way i mentioned at least once. i'm not sure how it functions, but if the system on their side doesn't cap properly, it will keep allowing preorders long past the actual cap. plus, if this is an amazon-only issue, i think it points to a problem being on their side. if this was widespread and happening at other retailers too, it would definitely point to it being a nintendo issue.

Is now a good time to let everybody know that I'll gladly sell you 1 of 20 pre-orders of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition for 2,000$

Amazon stays fuckin' up, Best Buy doesn't fuck up like this

They are currently going for more than the Switch itself on ebay. Ugh. I hope they all get lost in the mail. No insurance.

$10 is $10, can't beat that.

Except that if it was about the money, people could have sold their editions for a profit of much more than $10, and for the majority who genuinely wanted to own it the compensation means little when it's very possible they won't get the chance to purchase it elsewhere.

Sorry to those that lost their preorder.

I dont remember the details, but dont Amazon and Nintendo have a feud? You cant buy a New 3DS direct from Amazon, they just dont sell them.

Yes, when Nintendo had the scratched screen issue Nintendo wouldn't play with Amazon and Amazon had to take back a ton of systems on their dime. Amazon wasn't pleased with Nintendo. I'm guessing that's a larger issue than this.

Vena

Yes, when Nintendo had the scratched screen issue Nintendo wouldn't play with Amazon and Amazon had to take back a ton of systems on their dime. Amazon wasn't pleased with Nintendo. I'm guessing that's a larger issue than this.

This hasn't been true for years.

Top Bottom