• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.de lists Legend of Kay Anniversary for Wii U and PC/MAC, out June 12th, 2015

I must say, HUGE kudos for Nordic attempting to get actual people involved with their IPs long ago to return, same goes for MX vs ATV where they REFORMED Rainbow Studios after they closed prior to THQ's closure.

They do their homework.

TheMoon

Wait so this is a 3d platformer?

videogame players of 2015 wont understand that!!!!

They will get mad when they see they can actually miss a jump and die

Platforming hack n slash.

I must say, HUGE kudos for Nordic attempting to get actual people involved with their IPs long ago to return, same goes for MX vs ATV where they REFORMED Rainbow Studios after they closed prior to THQ's closure.

They do their homework.

If only they got someone to patch Darksiders 2 on Wii U to fix the screen tearing and add screenshot support. :/

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's great when you pop in a game and the HD is already configured for you.

More devs need to be considerate like this.

atbigelow

Will totally buy. Was interested in this game, but found out way too late about it. Jake Kaufman did some great tunes for it.

Lijik

I was just looking at my ps2 copy of this last night and thinking "its too bad this never took off as a series". Will buy the wii u remaster if it comes stateside

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
This was one of the games from the "Zelda like games" recommendation thread I was thinking about playing. Good thing (as someone who hates the Dual Shock for 3D games) a remake seems to be around the corner :).

TheMoon

This was one of the games from the "Zelda like games" recommendation thread I was thinking about playing. Good thing (as someone who hates the Dual Shock for 3D games) a remake seems to be around the corner :).

Remaster, not remake. Just going by the title. It's highly doubtful they did more than uprez everything and if we're lucky spice up the framerate.

Jakoo

With the resurgence of indie 2d platformers, I wondered when we were going to get around to some mid-tier 3D platformers back into the mix. I've never heard of this game but it sounds like it reviewed pretty favorably.

Parsnip

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
lol that's so random. If I ever pick up a Wii U, I have another game to buy than. Played this when I was a kid, and it was a lot of fun.

OldRoutes

Yeah I liked the demo... it kind of reminded me of Maximo and a bit of Jak and Daxter...

Really fun and tight! Looking forward to this, unexpectedly enough!

I did more research yesterday, and I found that the model of Kay on the new box is actually different than the one used in the prototype DS box which had the same pose:

81Ajv1YTWIL.jpg

The poly count on the new box is far higher and the textures are also far better.

However, the models of the other characters on the background are the same as on this DS box, and not much different than the in-game models used as artwork in the original PS2 version.

Point is, I'm thinking Kay's model on the Wii U box is indicative on what kind of an upgrade we can expect. They at least seemed to have beefed up his model so hopefully it's in-game as it doesn't look CG.

When there's no fur even on the box art, then you know there's no hope for the game.

They never used fur in the CG art on the original game:

So I put it as a design choice. Hell PS2 was more than capable of fur-shading inn-game anyway so they could've used it then as well.

I don't see much of a reason for them to all of the sudden use it now when they didn't even do so in said CG art.

Edit: Heh, actually only Kay is CG really but the Gorilla is still in-game and low-poly. :p

rjc571

Banned
Good news everyone! It's NA-bound, AND for those who wanted it on PS4; wish granted!

Wii U:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TKLFLNQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

PS4:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TKLFOMY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I assume the PC version is Steam-only, I was surprised it even was retail-bound at all.

Plus, it's not only due out EARLIER on May 29th, but is uber cheap, especially on Wii U; only $25 on Wii U and $30 on PS4! :D

That's a damn good price. Preordered! I finally own my first 3rd party Wii U retail game. Now I just hope they didn't botch the port...

VLiberty

I'll get it again. A Vita release would be just perfect, otherwise I'm getting it on either one of the two consoles once I'll get them.

GulAtiCa

I heard their Darksiders 2 Wii U port that they put back on eShop did really good, esp at $10. So they must have some faith in system a little.

Anyways ill give the game a shot. Never tried it.

VLiberty

Gaf -> internet -> gaf, but there's a confirmation:
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/legend-kay-anniversary-listed-wii-u-pc

A Nordic representative has responded to our request for comment.

“Yes, these listings are correct,” the Nordic rep told Gematsu. “At the moment, we don’t want to reveal additional platforms for the time being.”

I wonder if the last sentence implies the existence of more versions, and if it's just the PS4 version in case
pls be vita too

Az987

all good things
Redo sphinx the cursed mummy too while you're at it.

There are quite a few decent games from that generation that flew under the radar you could do this with.

Lijik

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
$25 is a great price for Wii U. I'm in.

Top Bottom