• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Deal: Sign-up For 30-Day Audible Trial and Get 3 Free Books

Nelo Ice

Banned
So for anyone wondering my Planetary omnibus shipped already. I cancelled my trial after getting What Happened? and World War Z as my audio books. So looks like you can safely cancel after you select your books.

Stupid question,

I tried to sign up for audible on their site, but it gives me nothing but the gold membership (14.95) option. Does this mean ive tried the trial in the past?

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm unable to cancel the 30 day trial.

Any help would be greatful

Same here. It keeps saying I don't have the subscription when I try to cancel it but on every other page it says I have a 'Gold Tier' subscription.

Not sure what to do. I'm going to give it 24 hours and see if it fixes itself so I can cancel it.

Same here. It keeps saying I don't have the subscription when I try to cancel it but on every other page it says I have a 'Gold Tier' subscription.

Not sure what to do. I'm going to give it 24 hours and see if it fixes itself so I can cancel it.
Exact same thing here, hope I don't get screwed

Anyhow, this should be here by Monday, $22 hardcover book cut down to $0.00. Thank you threadstarter.

61tAur%2BSq0L.jpg

Tabasco

How can you tell if you're eligible?

I'm not getting that banner thing on the top of the product pages on Amazon.

RMI

Banned
wasn't seeing the deal so had a quick chat with support about it and according to them i should receive an email within 24 hours about the hardcover promtion. we'll see I guess.

CHC

To anyone who got this deal, use one of your free audiobook credits for Blood Meridian. One of the best audio versions of a book I've listened to.

Garlador

24 Hours later, I'm still waiting for this to take effect on my account...

Joined the trial, but it won't give me the promo credit at checkout.

I got death note complete and izombie omnibus on mine and my wife's account. I also got ready player one, the Martian, the snowman, and count of Monte Cristo for audio books

Ovid

I was going back and forth between a bunch of stuff, but ended up getting the beast on the right

Yeah, I went with this too.

Was thinking about C++ Primer Plus but I think I'll just commit to Python since it has more real world use with my major (Economics).

I'll try to learn C++ or Java in a few years.

Meohsix

I got The Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts. actually had it in my cart for a few days but never got around to clicking order lol. Thx Amazon.

Just Google cancel audible membership. Click on the first link. It will take you the desktop website if you are on mobile. Cancel should be an orange icon at the bottom once you sign in.

attempted that earlier several times and once just now after you posted this.

Your membership

You’re not currently a member, but we hope you’ll reconsider.
Thanks for being a listener since: 10-15-17

same thing

Hmm, I think the common thread to this is that you are new Audible members. Perhaps they have an influx of requests from new members through the trial, and their back end hasn't updated yet. I had a previous audible trial and some books on it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I see the offer banner just as Wario in the OP on Amazon, but it takes me a sign-up page where I start paying $14.95/mo and no mention of 30 days free or the free book offer.

Confused and unsure if I am eligible for either the trial or the books afterall. I may have done a trial years ago with my Prime account, but I can't recall and certainly not close to recently.

Are people seeing a very clear 30-day free trial when signing up?

Ovid

I see the offer banner just as Wario in the OP on Amazon, but it takes me a sign-up page where I start paying $14.95/mo and no mention of 30 days free or the free book offer.

Confused and unsure if I am eligible for either the trial or the books afterall. I may have done a trial years ago with my Prime account, but I can't recall and certainly not close to recently.

Are people seeing a very clear 30-day free trial when signing up?
Have signed up to the service within the last three months?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Ordered an out of stock book. That's probably going to end up being a mistake but I couldn't find much else I really wanted.

jbug617

Banned
I got Death Note All in One as my physical book. Audible books I went with Gucci Mane Autobiography and Jason Schreier's book.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Have signed up to the service within the last three months?

Nope. I only did the recent Amazon Music thing for the $10 promo, but that was different. I am a Prime subscriber but have never used Audible ever(I'm not really an audiobook fan).

I mean is there a landing page people get to with the deal promo stuff when clicking the banner?

Nope. I only did the recent Amazon Music thing for the $10 promo, but that was different. I am a Prime subscriber but have never used Audible ever(I'm not really an audiobook fan).

I mean is there a landing page people get to with the deal promo stuff when clicking the banner?

try this

https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=16925692011

I got Death Note All in One as my physical book. Audible books I went with Gucci Mane Autobiography and Jason Schreier's book.

Please tell me Gucci is the one reading the audio book, burrrrrr

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So my Haul

The Planetary Omnibus
Infinity 1 as Kindle freebie
Then tgec2 audibles as World War Z (new one with movie tie-in)
Some comedy thing about a Journal about RPGs stuff

Take this with a grain of salt but a customer rep I spoke to said they were having some technical issues with the promo that should be resolved soon.

Take this with a grain of salt but a customer rep I spoke to said they were having some technical issues with the promo that should be resolved soon.
Issues with people not seeing the promo, or seeing it, signing up, and not getting it?

My turn for a stupid question. I go to this page, but have nothing to click on. It tells me the terms, and I can see it says 1 free hardcover....but nothing else.

Issues with people not seeing the promo, or seeing it, signing up, and not getting it?

My turn for a stupid question. I go to this page, but have nothing to click on. It tells me the terms, and I can see it says 1 free hardcover....but nothing else.

They're probably having technical difficulties or the offer is possibly over early due to all of us getting there first. My guess is that they probably lost too much money and decided to put the breaks on it.

or I could be wrong and u simply have to wait a little bit then try again

I just chatted with support from Amazon. I gave her the link and explained the promo and all, stated I should be qualified, and she was really confused what I was talking about. She asked me how much the promo was for, then transferred me to a different chat rep that is still amazon, but introduced herself as from audible. We'll see how this goes.

And she just pasted me the fine print requirements....This is the 2nd rep now who can't tell me why I'm not getting the promo even though I qualify according to the fine print. She then asked to confirm I've made 2 physical book purchases in last 6 months, and I told her I've made 6. She then said this will require help...and sent me back to Amazon support. Round and round we go!

Transferred again! lol. Now I'm back with Audible.

Top Bottom