• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon kills The Grand Tour and Clarkson’s farm after Jeremy Clarkson spoke the truth about Meghan Markle

ManaByte

Gold Member

Amazon Prime Video is parting ways with Jeremy Clarkson mere weeks after his comments about Meghan Markle were published in British tabloid The Sun.

Sources tell Variety that the streaming service won’t be working with Clarkson beyond seasons of “The Grand Tour” and “Clarkson’s Farm” that have already been commissioned. This means that the notorious “Top Gear” presenter won’t be appearing in any new shows on Prime Video beyond 2024.

Prime Video already has a number of shows in the works with Clarkson, which are going to go ahead, but the decision effectively means that “Clarkson’s Farm” will end with Season 3 (expected in 2024). It also means that motoring format “The Grand Tour,” one of Prime Video’s biggest shows, will also come to an end. Variety understands the series will conclude after four more special episodes — the last of which will land in late 2023.

Fuck this shit. Nothing he said wasn’t true. She was a Z-list actress on a shit USA Network show who got knocked up by Harry and hoped it would make her Grace Kelly.

Saiyan-Rox

alice-facepalm.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Didnt he say that she should be parraded on the streets, spat and thrown feces at like Cersei's walk of shame in Game of Thrones?

Thats the truth? I cant stand meghan but who talks like this?

I have no idea why we have turned into a bunch of savages in the 21st century. We are supposed to be civilized people who should show some class but everyone seems to be talking like cheap trailer trash people who grew up in the projects. Sometimes they should just keep their mouth shut.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Didnt he say that she should be parraded on the streets, spat and thrown feces at like Cersei's walk of shame in Game of Thrones?

I have no idea why we have turned into a bunch of savages in the 21st century. We are supposed to be civilized people who should show some class but everyone seems to be talking like cheap trailer trash people who grew up in the projects. Sometimes they should just keep their mouth shut.
He's a geriatric, who gives a fuck what his opinions are? He's always said stupid shit. It's part of what makes him so entertaining.

Puscifer

Fuck this shit. Nothing he said wasn’t true. She was a Z-list actress on a shit USA Network show who got knocked up by Harry and hoped it would make her Grace Kelly.
Y'all seriously need to touch grass. The hatred around her is bizarre from the outside looking in.

Last edited:

Fbh

To be fair he isn't getting shit for "criticizing Meghan", it's because he publicly wrote:
“At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, ‘Shame!’ and throw lumps of excrement at her.”

It's still an overreaction but he should have seen it coming.
Oh well, at least we'll still get 2 seasons of Clarkson's Farm

UnNamed

Banned
He's always said stupid shit. It's part of what makes him so entertaining.
“At night, I’m unable to sleep as I lie there, grinding my teeth and dreaming of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant, ‘Shame!’ and throw lumps of excrement at her.”
Excuse me, can you please tell me where is the part that should make me laugh?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Excuse me, can you please tell me where is the part that should make me laugh?
Entertaining does not always mean funny. His grand exaggerations lead to genuinely funny moment on his programs, though. FWIW, if you find that offensive, stay away from Anthony Jeselnik.

Also a person can be entertaining while also holding bad or dumb views. If you only ever take people for the worst parts of them, you'll quickly find yourself alone.

Besides, the guy is not being literal. He's using hyperbole.

Last edited:

I enjoy his shows.

It is right he gets canned for writing that shit in a public newspaper.

This is not him getting canned as he is retirement age anyway and even if he was to carry on in 24 months they will likely forget all about this.

Last edited:

Kilau

He probably could have skated if he had left out the “naked” part. It wasn’t a smart thing to say but that took to the next level of stupid.

I like Jezza but he’s always been his own worst enemy.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
When will their 15 minutes be up? I mean being that wealthy and also claiming to be perpetual victims is just so gross.
I imagine sooner rather than later. They've aired their dirty laundry now what? Most Americans are indifferent toward them or dislike them not sure how people across the pond or the rest of the world feel about them.

FeralEcho

That's the thing...class is all about knowing when to shut the fuck up whereas with the advent of social media platforms people can't stop talking about every little shit in their lives or other people's lives which creates this idea of self importance in their tiny brains which leads to people saying dumb shit in inappropriate situations thinking everyone will agree with them.

BossLackey

Gold Member
This is all so stupid. What he said was really really stupid, but he shouldn't be cancelled over it. He should just be embarrassed and we move on.

But at the same time, I really don't get half the hate Meghan/Harry are getting. Yes, they are professional victims at this point and I'm tired of hearing about them, but I also believe the British tabloids and papers are disgusting in how they portrayed Meghan and the whole dog and pony show that is the royal family is a fucking joke and that family fucking sucks.

Fuck 'em all.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It was a poor attempt at satire. He apologised for it and admitted it was probably a step too far. That should have been the end of it. However, we live in time where redemption is a forgotten word if you're not on the "right" side.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That's the thing...class is all about knowing when to shut the fuck up whereas with the advent of social media platforms people can't stop talking about every little shit in their lives or other people's lives which creates this idea of self importance in their tiny brains which leads to people saying dumb shit in inappropriate situations thinking everyone will agree with them.
I agree with this, but this was published in a newspaper. I know it's the sun that still posts nudes on Page 3, but this went through their editorial staff who thought this was something a grown man should say. If it was a dumb tweet he wrote while drunk i'd understand but i think he truly believes this.

I actually really dislike Meghan and hate what she's done to Harry. Anyone who fractures a family in order to make a buck is just plain shitty, but no one deserves to be spoken to like this. All he's done is make her a sympathetic figure and given weight to her ridiculous claims about a racist Britain.

Bragr

Banned
What grinds my gears when I see stuff like this is all the famous people talking about how happy there were about the Queen dying and bashing her dead body all over, and nothing happened to them.

That said, what he posted was childish and fucking stupid, especially for a grown man who has spent his life in public. He can't be this stupid.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
What do you mean "spoke truth"?

Like this daily mail hate trend of Markle is bizarre, as a brit I can't really give two shits as I'm no royalist, but I see it again and again. She's hardly terrible as celebrities go. At least from the admittedly limited amount I have seen.

So far her only export is outrage about the royals, that's her income. But there are so many people who make a living playing to people's outrages, but they don't get nearly as much hate as this woman seems to.

Clarkson said
“I hate her. Not like I hate Nicola Sturgeon or Rose West (a serial killer). I hate her on a cellular level.”

Is that what's he's right about? That he hates some unimportant celebrity more than one of the UK most famous serial killers and “dreamt of the day when she is made to parade naked through the streets” while crowds throw “excrement at her”.

Can no one see how insane this sounds? I mean you can like his TV Shows but I'm unsure what he's right about, he just hurls abuse at her whenever he gets a chance. She's hardly worse than the Kardashian, what's the issue? Is she shaming the royals unfairly? Are people upset that poor noncer Prince Andrew and the family that protected him might look bad?

Clarkson going mad and senile in his old age, he will be yelling at clouds next.

"Spoke the truth", what a bloody lark.

Last edited:

Nvzman

Getting canceled over an opinion, good lord.

And there's smoothbrains in here actually going "well he kinda had it coming because he was pretty mean", holy shit dude.
Very amusing too considering America had 4 years of this being thrown constantly towards a certain individual, even from other high-profile comedians, and never receiving any repercussions from it.

You all do realize here that if any one of you calling him "stupid" became famous one day, you are essentially doing the same thing, right? Its almost like its an opinion of someone. If he was advocating violence I'd get it, but its obviously a joke.

Futaleufu

It's funny how they are "canceling him" yet they have 2 more years of his content to work/produce on. If anything this gives time to Wilman & Co. to find another place to produce their shows.

mitch1971

How dare you say that! Get out (at the end of 2024)!

Come on guys, I bet he's contract is up at the end of 2024, anyway. Amazon are taking an oppotunity to 'look good' because of the circumstances, before reeping the benifits of his programs for the next 2 plus years.

YCoCg

It's not so much what he said first (well yeah) but his sarcastic "apology"' afterwards that doubled down on targeting her. If he just kept quiet until his actual apology then I don't think he would've been dropped.

Top Bottom