• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon leaked Game Board Mode and Stage Builder for Super Smash Bros U.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DD0B0BM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Battle it out as Nintendo’s greatest heroes on the Wii U console
Face off against the biggest roster of Nintendo all-stars ever assembled! Send your rivals flying with powerful attacks to earn all-new customizations and equipment that trick out your fighter’s moves and stats. Then power-up and train intelligent amiibo figures* to take on your friends!

The multiplayer showdown** you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo* to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived.

*amiibo figures sold separately

** Broadband Internet access required for online play. Learn more at support.nintendo.com.

Murrah

Banned
God I'm ready for information blowout on this soon. Nintendo Direct shortly after Bayonetter 2 release? Please?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Smash World = Board game mode confirmed

It was clear, after hearing what the Italian announcer said for Smash World, but nice to see it confirmed! :D

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Stage builder, oh, I'm beginning to froth. Great news!

I can't wait to share my diabolical creations with the community.

Lunar15

Board game mode could definitely be cool, but I feel like I expect the worst when it comes to additional features in Smash 4 at this point. Here's hoping it's more than a novelty!

I never actually thought about using the gamepad to build stages. Sounds like a good idea, if you ask me.

Hopefully if Stage Builder is being advertised this prominently it's gonna be way improved from Brawl? Right? Maybe?

Board game mode sounds like it could be fun, pretty pumped to see what it'll be like.

mnannola

So...is Wii U the best system companion to PC gaming? Seems like it has a decent library already, none of which can be played on a PC. Smash may just push me over the edge.

Hasney

Board game mode would be amazing. I loved the one in Rival Schools 2 and have been begging a fighting game to do something similar. So pumped just at that prospect.

Hell, they could even do it Mario Party style with mini-games around the fighting game engine.

Forkball

Sakurai really needs to re-evaluate his trolling and purposefully holding back info considering how everything leaks eventually.

Cade

BOARD GAME MODE?

STAGE BUILDER COMES BACK?????

I'm glad I bought the $40 demo, but the true Smash starts here.

So...is Wii U the best system companion to PC gaming? Seems like it has a decent library already, none of which can be played on a PC. Smash may just push me over the edge.

PC + WiiU + 3DS is the way to go, imo.

WiiU has the best and most worthwhile exclusives of any of the three consoles right now. Smash, 3D World, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 should give you hours and hours of enjoyment.

Forkball

Oh and I guess Event Mode takes its new form as Master/Crazy Hand challenges. I'm curious to see how they differ from the past.

SmokeMaxX

The WiiU is probably the best companion console for any other primary (if it's not your primary as is). It has a ton of exclusives and offers experiences you're not going to get anywhere else. The argument for WiiU is a lot more compelling than the other consoles (which generally have the same 3rd party games as their competition and PC).

Jawmuncher

Nice features.
Unless Board Game mode is something absolutely crazy, don't see anything here that would sell me on it if I already had the 3DS version.

Top Bottom