• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon leaks God of War release date? June 30th 018?

So I just got an email from amazon.

"Hello,
We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"God of War - Playstation 4"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 07, 2019 - January 10, 2019
New estimated arrival date: July 05, 2018 - July 10, 2018

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:"

Amazon has a solid looking date on the GOW page now, with the date June 30th 2018.
edit 2: Nvm it's a Saturday.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GW8XOY2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That's a small delay I think?
They said early 2018, idk if I count June as being early in the year though.

Lock if old news/duplicate thread, I saw nothing on here.

edit: Damn it. If a mod could fix the title to say 2018, instead of 018, that'd be great. lol

FelipeMGM

placeholder

June 30th its when Q2 and H1 ends (calendar year), and Shawn has said the game will be released on H1 (aka, before June 30th)

soooo yeah, thats a placeholder

Probably placeholder for first half of 2018 which Layden already confirmed. Going by the franchise track record, I think it's gonna be March.

People don't know what placeholders are still?

(Although that ended up being the actual date for Crash, which is hilarious)

Couleurs

My Amazon update says July 2 (Monday, so probably not correct)

Edit - oh apparently it is because of two day shipping instead of launch day delivery. Hmm, gonna have to get them to fix it.

That Ciri avatar is amazing. Like whoa.

Thank you!

Here's the original

soufiane-idrassi-ciri.jpg

Credit goes to Soufiane Idrassi

Probably placeholder for first half of 2018 which Layden already confirmed. Going by the franchise track record, I think it's gonna be March.

placeholder

June 30th its when Q2 and H1 ends, and Shawn has said the game will be released on H1 (aka, before June 30th)

soooo yeah, thats a placeholder

Sounds like a placeholder.

Ah, I never really see placeholders for summer...

On a related note Spiderman PS4 was updated too, but there was no date change.

"The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Spider-Man - PlayStation 4"
Estimated arrival date: January 07, 2019 - January 10, 2019"

Thought Spiderman was also supposed to be early 2018. So idk why it didn't get updated like GOW.

Ah, I never really see placeholders for summer...

On a related note Spiderman PS4 was updated too, but there was no date change.

"The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Spider-Man - PlayStation 4"
Estimated arrival date: January 07, 2019 - January 10, 2019"

Thought Spiderman was also supposed to be early 2018. So idk why it didn't get updated like GOW.

Then maybe preparing for Gamescom/PGW announcements?
Because I remember Amazon acting up like that a while before RDR2 delay was announced.

THE:MILKMAN

IIRC Sony have only committed to it releasing in "early" 2018? So 30th June is the last possible day to deliver...

Placeholder.

Top Bottom