• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon : Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC up for pre-order tomorrow ($20)

Boss rush you say?
birdman-hand-rub.gif

Not really new news, considering everything in this OP is just copy-pasted into yours.

Now you are splitting the community and ToraShiro is already in this thread.

Shit, I'm everywhere. Call my name in a mirror 3 times and I will dash your classic franchise revival dreams.

Not expecting much/anything in the ways of graphical enhancements, outside of the standards: texture filtering, resolution, anti-aliasing, etc. And a lot of that can be forced by drivers anyway. Would be nice if there was a more advanced shadow filtering option for high end PCs. Wouldn't say no to some extra fluff too, like ambient occlusions.

System Requirements:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core i5 2400
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended:
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

I guess that's not the case and it's been greatly improved, or they just didn't bother optimizing it?

Anyway, how does a GT 545 compare to a GTS 450? I think my computer might not even meet these minimum requirements.

Just one question ToraShiro, assuming you're allowed or able to answer it today or tomorrow. Is there any hope for a demo to drop on steam before the game comes out? Not that I need convincing cause I will be totally preordering it tomorrow as soon as its up. Would just be nice to get a taste of whats to come.

feel

Also, I would advise not purchasing from the Amazon link and instead waiting for tomorrow on Steam proper. You will save a pretty penny.
Will it show up as a -33% Daily Deal on the first day of the Winter sale tomorrow? That would be good steam frontpage advertising.

Cheddahz

Banned
Is Iseeyou in this thread? Ok...good

Anyways, I'm excited or this and all of you should be as well, this was my favorite game this year and one of my favorite games of the generation

Gbraga

Man, I was locked up in my chair, getting fed with PS3 Rising, but the hunger still remains.

I wasn't content to live this way, being led by the blind. Got to preorder it day one

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Shall be buying as soon as possible when I get paid on Friday. Boss Rush mode FTW plus the game releases on my birthday. Nice :)

Also ToraShiro do you know if Konami will ever add the Boss Rush mode to the console versions ? It's not something I'm worried about but I know some folk with the console versions would love to see something like that on PS3/360.

Shall be buying as soon as possible when I get paid on Friday. Boss Rush mode FTW plus the game releases on my birthday. Nice :)

Also ToraShiro do you know if Konami will ever add the Boss Rush mode to the console versions ? It's not something I'm worried about but I know some folk with the console versions would love to see something like that on PS3/360.

I haven't heard any news about additional patches/content being made available for consoles. If it does, it will be sometime down the road, I assumed they made this specifically to sweeten the deal for PCs (you know, for taking so long).

whoa. Looks like some good news here. I'm going to update the OP with some of the new stuff. Let me know if anything was missed.

So $14 on GreenManGaming in a week.

That would mean 50% off. so probably not

Cats out of the bag, I guess.

That 20$ price will start tomorrow morning and run for a limited time (48h), so best get it sooner than later before it goes back up to a slightly higher price before it launches. Will be coming to Steam.

I'll try to answer any questions that I can, but most of the details are being reserved for a more official release announcement tomorrow.

Awesome of you to answer questions here ToraShiro. As you can tell, us PC gamers have been waiting for this for a very long time. Hopefully a sign of things to come

why aren't things this cheap for console games?

well this is a rerelease....

Awesome of you to answer questions here ToraShiro. As you can tell, us PC gamers have been waiting for this for a very long time. Hopefully a sign of things to come

Not the only ones to think that, trust me. We're all trying to turn things around, but it's a big-ass ship and we're not even the captain.

Nzyme32

Add to OP

Alright, we've come this far and there's no point in holding back any more info.

Fuck the man, I'm going full disclosure:

At 10AM PST, tomorrow, the game will be listed on Steam for an introductory price of $19.99, which will last a scant 48 hours before it goes to a slightly lesser sale of -20% until it launches on January 9th.

ARE YOU SATISFIED, YOU HARPIES? I BEAR MY SOUL TO YOU.

Let's just pretend that tomorrow at 10AM I hopped in my time machine to come back to this point in time to tell you. For reasons.

graywolf323

well there goes some of the money I had earmarked for the Steam sale

hopefully the release doesn't get buried thought since Steam gets rid of the new releases tab during the big sales

Gbraga

well there goes some of the money I had earmarked for the Steam sale

hopefully the release doesn't get buried thought since Steam gets rid of the new releases tab during the big sales

They did say the discount was 48 hours only, so maybe it's actually being released as a daily deal?

antitrop

I'm absolutely in, for this price. I'm optimistic that they took the time to get this port right, and I look forward to trying it out with my Dualshock 4. I love Platinum as much as anyone, and this will be my first time playing through the game. My expectations are high.

Top Bottom