• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Day | Celebrating 20 years of 100% claimed children's toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
They need to figure out something for shared Prime members. They let families share Prime across multiple accounts, but then restrict stuff like this just to the main Prime account. It is absurd to think a household is going to pay for multiple Prime memberships.
If you're in the same household just ask to use their account

Prime subscriptions are currently available for 25% off for new users on Amazon UK. Hopefully Amazon.com will do something similar before this sale event.

Kinsella

Banned
They don't appear to be trying too hard to block people from doing additional trials. I just signed up for another month-long trial using a different email address and a credit card that has an updated expiration.

rjinaz

I'll be looking for a tv so I'm in.

For those asking, yes, "guests" or shared accounts CAN participate in this event. Basically all forms of prime will qualify including student and amazon mom.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
This seems to be a "worldwide" amazon event btw, as I just an email from Amazon Spain about this.

Tampler

Shame it requires Prime. I'm in Ireland, and getting Prime from Amazon UK offers no benefits whatsoever. And I'm pretty sure I don't qualify for a trial.

Amazon's been around since 1995? Holy shit.

My aunt interviewed for an executive position there in 96, 97, and we all told her not to pursue it because they were headquartered in Minnesota (which sounded like the middle of nowhere at the time) and we figured they wouldn't last. She ended up doing just fine and is very successful in another industry, but ... still. I wonder if the opportunity would have been better there, at the ground level of Amazon.

Captain.Falafel

Neo Member
Hopefully there'll be some killer deals on PC parts. Some fella on reddit did make a post around a month ago saying to wait to pull the trigger until this Prime day shindig was announced.

Karu

The german video, explaining the day, said "up to 50%". That's not enough for games. /greedy

Got my test account ready, though. Wasn't eligable a few month back, but am now. *shrug* Cancelled right away.

kirby_fox

Banned
I guess I could try to grab some early as shit Xmas presents. Need to start shopping anyways.

How much do the TVs go for on there usually?...

Hopefully there'll be some killer deals on PC parts. Some fella on reddit did make a post around a month ago saying to wait to pull the trigger until this Prime day shindig was announced.

Maybe I'll finally spring for that 970.

That and gorging on blu-rays I've been holding off on for awhile.

I guess I could try to grab some early as shit Xmas presents.

This is the smart stuff right here.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Been on Prime for years and just never bothered to take it down, but it's always been solid for next day deliveries. Not much I really want but show me what ya got.

Any details on that? It's free for students. right? And it'll entitle you to the Prime Day deals?

You basically get 6 months of Prime for free. And it does entitle you to Prime Day deals.

Amazon said:
All Prime members can participate in Prime Day, including free trial members, invited guests of other members, Prime Fresh members, Amazon Mom and Amazon Student members.
Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom