• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Day | Celebrating 20 years of 100% claimed children's toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically the Internet got Punked by Amazon's marketing department and corporate shills.

I'm just glad that the deals were so spectacularly bad that I didn't waste any money on this stunt.

Kaladin

I come away from this with one thing.....I learned about the soundbar home theater system product line. I think I will look into that to replace my aging audio receiver and decrease my foot print on that stuff.

Glad the sale sucked to be honest. I've been trying to spend less but tend to jump on good deals for things I want/need. I only spent about $140 and got...

$45 of Amazon Gift Cards w/ $10 Amazon promo code.
Pride of Baghdad Deluxe Edition
The Art of Mad Max: Fury Road
VHS Video Cover Art: 1980s to Early 1990s
A hard gun case that had a lightning deal. Had been neglecting to get one for a few months now.

Saved $20 on those last three since I have an Amazon card and the order totaled $103.

robotrock

Banned
Glad the sale sucked to be honest. I've been trying to spend less but tend to jump on good deals for things I want/need. I only spent about $140 and got...

$45 of Amazon Gift Cards w/ $10 Amazon promo code.
Pride of Baghdad Deluxe Edition
The Art of Mad Max: Fury Road
VHS Video Cover Art: 1980s to Early 1990s
A hard gun case that had a lightning deal. Had been neglecting to get one for a few months now.

Saved $20 on those last three since I have an Amazon card and the order totaled $103.
How much was the Mad Max artbook going for? Missed it.

Pejo

Kingsman Bluray for 10 bucks. I would have bought the PS Camera if I'd have been paying attention when the deal was up, but I am hardly devastated without it. What a shit tier sale.

spock

Jumped on the Gar train for the insta-pot pressure cooker. Its funny how many peeps Gaf picked that up. Also grabbed a 3tb internal hdd for 67 bucks. :)

Jag

Amazon will suffer for this come november

Amazon was never a huge Black Friday competitor. It is more for brick and mortar and e-commerce companies that don't normally hold sales or discounts. Amazon is pretty decent the other 364 days of the year. They just fucked up by hyping this and comparing it to BF.

Amazon will suffer for this come november

No they won't. People will forget about this in two weeks' time and go back to shopping at Amazon, if they haven't already.

Nobody is going to "take a stand" and stop shopping or avoid their Black Friday just because of a crappy sale six months prior. All they need is one good deal for people to start salivating again.

yasu151

No they won't. People will forget about this in two weeks' time and go back to shopping at Amazon, if they haven't already.

Nobody is going to "take a stand" and stop shopping or avoid their Black Friday just because of a crappy sale six months prior. All they need is one good deal for people to start salivating again.

I'm not going to take a stand, or avoid Amazon in the future. However, I did quietly end my automatic renewal. The promotion led me to realize how little of their services (music/streaming) I use, and with overall rising prices I don't think the $99 membership is worth the free shipping anymore.

Jarrod38

And here he is right before the interview not caring at all.
iTkQJr2.gif

longdi

Banned
Sales sucks but Amazon customer service is still tops for me, and i am sure for many others too. So we still will keep going back to buy from them, no choice

So the only item I bought that was part of a 'lightning deal' during Prime Day is currently selling at the same price. Luckily I bought it mostly to hit the $100 so I could knock off $20 with my card. Still, pretty scummy of them to do.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
All I wound up getting was a fire stick for my sister. They ran out before I made a second account to buy myself one. She got it today

Apologies for the bump but if anyone signed up for the Prime trial you should make sure to disable the auto-renew feature if you're not planning to continue the subscription.

I'm a dumbass and forgot to do that so I got charged for the whole year today.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Apologies for the bump but if anyone signed up for the Prime trial you should make sure to disable the auto-renew feature if you're not planning to continue the subscription.

I'm a dumbass and forgot to do that so I got charged for the whole year today.
You can ask for a refund.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I tried. They said no. I actually do think Prime is a decent service so I'm not too annoyed about paying for it. Just feel a bit stupid that I forgot the most obvious thing.
That's against their own policy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201118010
End Your Amazon Prime Membership

When you sign up for Amazon Prime, your membership is set to automatically renew each year. You can turn off this automatic renewal at any time including during a free trial period.

Want to cancel your Prime membership?
End Membership

To end your Amazon Prime membership:

Go to Manage Prime Membership .
Do one of the following:
To cancel a paid Amazon Prime membership, click End membership.

Note: Paid members who haven't placed an Amazon Prime eligible order are eligible for a full refund. You can't receive a refund if any of the household members have placed an Amazon Prime eligible order.
To cancel an Amazon Prime free trial, click Do not continue.

Note: If you don't cancel your Amazon Prime free trial, you will be automatically upgraded to a paid membership plan at the end of the trial period. You can find this date listed on the left-hand side of the Manage Your Prime Membership page. You will still have access to your Prime benefits until this date.
Unless you've used it?

I did use it during the trial. I guess that counts. I talked to two different customer support people and both said it couldn't be refunded.

Volotaire

If you have not ordered since your prime membership became a paid one (I think under free delivery if the terms allow it) you can cancel it and not get charged.

EDIT: beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom