• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Day!

Corrik

Amazon Prime Day starts in about 6 and a half hours. Post any good deals you see upcoming, going on, or items you bought!

In other shopping news: Target had a massive pricing error last night which led to massive discounted items. Most are getting cancellations on their items, but some managed to get items picked up in store before cancellations.

Last edited:

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Totally missed that Target thing. Some people saved literal thousands.

Typhares

I bought a new knife, I'm never really interested in prime day deals here in the UK.
The only thing I saw is 50% off PS+ for 15 months which seems pretty good.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Discounts aren't that special for the most part imo. Picked up Kong and Fantastic Beasts 4k even though the price wasn't thaaaaattttt good.

Funny note: Didn't really like Kong that much when I saw it in the cinema but the 4k transfer is just mindblowing. Saw it a few weeks back when I borrowed it from a friend. UHD on OLED is the real deal. God damn...

Last edited:

dolabla

I no longer have Prime, but I was always disappointed their Prime Day stuff. Maybe they surprise this year, but going on the past, I'm not confident.

Spheyr

Banned
I already got 20% off an open box, like new Note8 from a Warehouse deal for $544 this weekend, can't really justify spending much more as I just bought a suppressor and shelled out $600 in NFA stamps

Kagey K

Banned
Looking forward to being let down when deals finally go live for me this afternoon.

Will keep my eye out though.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Are the deals ever good? I've been with amazon since 09 and I can't remember when Prime day started or If I have ever bough anything from their many "deals".

Tesseract

Banned
lemme know if you see some microphone deals, my pc mic is busted.

pubg demands the finest of voice chat technologies.

Corrik

Besides those games, keeping an eye out for door blinds, a patio umbrella, and maybe some clothes. I wish Amazon sold decent hats.

Spheyr

Banned
I grabbed a Logitech G920 for $199 that I had been wanting. Gonna Forza so fucking hard later this week.

Corrik

Really disappointed the Fire HD 10 Kids Edition doesn't have a sale. Probably going to get the 8 instead.

Drake

Meh, nothing I saw was that great. The 50 inch TV deal was ok, but I don't need a new TV. I did see they discounted their spy device though. No interest in that.

Corrik

Apparently I don't know how Prime Day works.....I thought everything went on sale the minute it went live haha. Oh well.
Nah, they have time released lightning deals announced,, all prime day long sales on like amazon items and what not, and then they have unannounced lightning deals (which is what video games usually fall under).

hivsteak

Apparently I don't know how Prime Day works.....I thought everything went on sale the minute it went live haha. Oh well.

That is what they want users to think and it works. Majority of the items purchased on prime day are not discounted.

lachesis

I was looking at the Instant Pot last night, right before I went bed. They were selling at 40% discount from regular 99 bucks to 58 dollars.

I've been contemplating to get one for a couple of years, but also told myself that I bought a lot of stuff lately - my cc bill for this month is higher than my likings - so I convinced myself that I can cook things without the help of this so-called Instant Pot - knowing it's going to be on sale again someday. I told myself, Hey - you bought this mini RC car and how many times have I played with it, or how about that Sous Vide thing? how often do you use? etc.

Then I had a nightmare, dreaming about this pressure cooker discontinued or whatnot and I woke up shouting around 3am. The dream was so intense and I was so worked up for nothing - I just ended up purchasing that pressure cooker 3am in the morning and went back to bed, but I just couldn't sleep for another hour or so because of my previous nightmare.

The pressure (from work) literally must be cooking my brain.. :( Hopefully it's as good as what others are saying on the news and on Youtube, etc...

norm9

Not crossing the line to buy from Amazon during the strike. Didn't really have anything I absolutely needed lately so I'm saving money by not buying anything.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I bought a big box of Dentastix for my dogs for $6. That’s about as exciting as it gets for me.

Panda1

Banned
I signed up to prime and have destroyed my credit card.
Almost bought a switch as well but how is it more expensive than Xbox and ps4?

BrettWeir

That is what they want users to think and it works. Majority of the items purchased on prime day are not discounted.

Lesson learned for next year :) Thanks!

Nah, they have time released lightning deals announced,, all prime day long sales on like amazon items and what not, and then they have unannounced lightning deals (which is what video games usually fall under).

Sucks to be ignorant. Oh well. Lesson learned for next year! :)

Last edited:

Fnord

I got a bunch of Chemical Guys car detailing stuff on a pretty good discount. Also picked up a Philips Hue/Echo Dot bundle for relatively cheap. Coupled with my Prime Rewards cash back and the $10 credit I got for spending $10 at Whole Foods, I think it was a decent haul. Overall, though, not a ton of great deals. Was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to pulling the trigger on an Instant Pot for $60, but slept on it and decided I didn't really need it.

I got a bunch of Chemical Guys car detailing stuff on a pretty good discount. Also picked up a Philips Hue/Echo Dot bundle for relatively cheap. Coupled with my Prime Rewards cash back and the $10 credit I got for spending $10 at Whole Foods, I think it was a decent haul. Overall, though, not a ton of great deals. Was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to pulling the trigger on an Instant Pot for $60, but slept on it and decided I didn't really need it.
Lol thats funny I also got a bunch of chemical guy car stuff cuz I'm getting my Tesla Model 3 end of this month and want to wash it at home

Liberty4all

Banned
I ended up buying a belkin wireless charger for my iPhone. A slow one but the overall im happy being able to drop my phone on it in evening to charge.

Corrik

I think I got the Instant Pot for like $48 or something like 2 years ago. My girl was so ecstatic about it. She used it once maybe.

Top Bottom