• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon rumor: Forza 6 - September 18, Rise of the Tomb Raider - November 13

chadskin

Courtesy of Amazon France:

Forza 6: Cet article paraîtra le 18 septembre 2015.
Ex7bfzm.png

Rise of the Tomb Raider: Cet article paraîtra le 13 novembre 2015.

Sounds about right, eh?

Rosur

September sounds right for Forza (horizons 2 was released then) tomb raider not sure on but could be.

TomShoe

Banned
Poor positioning for ROTTR if it releases then. It's sitting right between Black Ops III & Battlefront.

Expected.

Tomb Raider being in November makes it the double-bundle bait.

Sep : Forza/Gears Ultimate
Oct : Halo
Nov : Tomb Raider

Is it possible TR gets cannibalized with that date?

Halo 5
Battlefront
COD
Uncharted remastered
Dues Ex
Just cause
AC

Obviously a few of those a rumored release dates but I wonder why they don't release it earlier? Late September/early October would be ideal

nib95

Banned
Expected.

That's a solid exclusives line up. Though to be fair, it ought to be given how dry the rest of the year has been for the platform. Have to wonder how well TR will do given its stiff competition though. It's going to be crowded.

wachie

Halo 5
Battlefront
COD
Uncharted remastered
Dues Ex
Just cause
AC

Obviously a few of those a rumored release dates but I wonder why they don't release it earlier? Late September/early October would be ideal
UC4 delay was a master stroke.

TomShoe

Banned
It's the same day as Battlefront lol.

Battlefront releases on the 17th.

Tomb Raider will be devoured.

And it'll most likely be bundled to the extent of MS shoving down "PROTECT HER!" down one's throat.

Agreed on both ends. ROTTR is a huge bundle candidate, especially given Microsoft's increased 1st party approach. Halo is getting a special bundle, and I expect ROTTR to get some other kind of bundle for the reduced price that takes full advantage of the exclusivity period.

gaming_noob

That's a solid exclusives line up. Though to be fair, it ought to be given how dry the rest of the year has been for the platform. Have to wonder how well TR will do given its stiff competition though. It's going to be crowded.

Quantum Break, Scalebound and possibly Crackdown will transition nicely throughout the first half of the next year. Then Gears 4 and Rare's new game + unannounced ones.

Agreed on both ends. ROTTR is a huge bundle candidate, especially given Microsoft's increased 1st party approach. Halo is getting a special bundle, and I expect ROTTR to get some other kind of bundle for the reduced price that takes full advantage of the exclusivity period.

It's not MS's IP, so MS doesn't have to be super invested into making sure Tomb Raider prints money for them, since the game will only be 'theirs' for a short time.

And Halo in October means MS can profit from the expensive, custom Halo bundle, and take advantage of the 'cheap' 2-game "You Gonna Protect Her" bundle with a holiday discount to move volume in November.

It's a smart business move, from my perspective. Not so good for 'Tomb Raider' the game, but it's an excellent "double-punch" console seller for October/November.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Halo 5
Battlefront
COD
Uncharted remastered
Dues Ex
Just cause
AC

The one I'd most be interested in that day would be Tomb Raider. So I don't know - tastes vary?

Surely in that case they shouldn't release three huge FPS on the same day either?

nib95

Banned
Quantum Break, Scalebound and possibly Crackdown will transition nicely throughout the first half of the next year. Then Gears 4 and Rare's new game + unannounced ones.

I doubt Scalebound or Crackdown will come that soon, though Quantum Break should definitely fill in for Q1/Q2.

And it'll most likely be bundled to the extent of MS shoving down "PROTECT HER!" down one's throat.

Don't worry. I'm sure Sony will protect Nathan Drake and BattleFront with bundles too. LOL.

And if that rumor holds true then damn....Forza 6 is just 3 months away. 90 days....sounds exciting when you consider how theyre pushing the franchise with so much new stuff. :D

Definitely sounds realistic for both games. TR will do well I think, as long as the gameplay reveal is strong. It's a sequel to a well-received reboot and features one of the most popular gaming icons around.

Well, I guess this confirms that TR is getting that coveted November spot....
but I worry along with everyone else, that it could get lost in between the two big titles....
I think that a December launch date might almost be better...

Kinsella

Banned
If this TR is as great as the last one, no other game coming out around it will matter much to me. Really looking forward to the gameplay shown off at E3.

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
Expected.

Even if MS lost the marketing/ DLC exclusivity with CoD, they still have the mind share from previous years.

Xbox One will have a very good holiday season.

And yes, rumors suggest they are pushing Gears Ultimate for a September release. It makes perfect sense. They don't want it competing with Halo or CoD.

Chippiez

Banned
I wish they would spread the goodness out better. Their bean counters must know something I don't know (and Witcher 3 at 4 Million and counting would seem to indicate that racking up MASSIVE sales in summer is doable---at least with a quality title, so maybe the bean counters aren't the best ones to recommend launch dates?), but every year it's the same thing. So many games in Q3/Q4. I buy 4 or 5 at full MSRP, and that is enough to backlog me through spring. By the time I'm ready to buy again, the other titles are at half price or lower AND they run the risk of being straight out forgotten due to any Winter/Spring releases. I'm sure others are in the same boat? I mean most people only have so many hours in a day they can game with. Most of us have jobs and/or school and/or families and/or other responsibilities. Point is, why dump all your first and third party offerings in time for "Holiday"? Seems so counter-profitable unless you're the sales leader.

Chris1

There's a reason TR is being released in November. It'll be MS' main bundle this holiday, I expect it'll be getting the AC treatment with TR:DE packed in aswell.

Top Bottom