• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Rumor: Until Dawn release date set for June 24, 2015

Pennywise

Ha, Amazon, MediaMarkt and Spielegrotte all have removed the June 24 date from their sites.

They found out about us :<

Anyway, there are still plenty of shops like Gamestop,Gamesware.at,gamesonly.at who got it listed.

I guess we will hear something soon, the PR machine will start before E3.

Hanmik

amazon italy had this date..(in february)

ZuNpFwv.jpg

Yoday

I always assumed this would be an October release for obvious reasons, but I suppose it would probably get slaughtered if released in the Fall.

Boke1879

This game honestly seems like it would do well to release after e3. One last push by mentioning it e3 could help with potential sales. Releasing it in the summer should do well for it

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've watched a few videos of this, and it seemed to me the entire game is just QTEs? Am I missing something here? What is everyone so excited about?

(I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious if I'm missing something here)

I've watched a few videos of this, and it seemed to me the entire game is just QTEs? Am I missing something here? What is everyone so excited about?

It's basically from what I see a campy horror version of a David Cage style game.

Probably because people see something that you don't see.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hope they can sort out the frame-rate issues the build from last August was showing. It was running very poorly.

autoduelist

One of the only true next gen console games,

Not trolling but most of the other games play just as they would have on Xbox 360 & PS3 but with better graphics.

Generally speaking, games are constrained by their primary inputs (in this case, controllers) just as much as they are processing power. If you only increase processing power, then yes, you'll likely just get better looking games -- more enemies on screen, better destructibility, better draw distance, etc.

That is to say, what else can be done? If it could be done with the current controllers, it most likely would have been done last gen too... just not quite as prettily. Rare exceptions exist -- the Nemesis system in SoM, for example, was a brilliant idea... but it too could have been done last gen had only someone thought of it.

Mr Moose

Why can't I pre-order this on Amazon UK? :( I can't find it anywhere. I seen this thread and thought it might be up now, sadly not.

Releasing a horror game in the dead of Summer seems so wrong, but I'm happy to hear it's not too far off.

But summer is full of popcorn flicks in the U.S.-- action and horror in particular-- movies that you go to see and enjoy with a group of friends. With the way Sony showed it off at PSX, Until Dawn is definitely in that camp and I think a summer release would work to its advantage if that angle was played up in its marketing.

Alo0oy

Banned
Until Dawn looks like a great weekend game. If it can be beaten in 8-10 hours, I'll probably beat it a couple of times in a weekend to see a few endings & how the different relationships shape up.

Alo0oy

Banned
To sell more and DOMINATE! It can make up for the small loss on hardware since people buy on average 10 games and PS+ subs

That's not how supply & demand works, if Sony drops the PS4 price to 299 USD the PS4 would end up being sold out everywhere, effectively making the price drop worthless, at its current price it was already selling out in plenty of regions last holiday season.

Top Bottom