• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Rumor: Until Dawn release date set for June 24, 2015

chadskin

Until Dawn has been listed for a while without a date on Amazon Germany but that has now changed!

stOHi2E.png

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MPE35GU/

Update:
Amazon isn't the only one.
Spielegrotte,MediaMarkt and a few others listed that date as well, so I guess it's settled.

Pretty excited. Game looks like real fun, and good Youtube bait.

I wonder if they can allow for interactive twitch support. that would be super fun (for twitch)

ascii42

Why would the PS4 need a price cut if it is still selling crazy numbers every single month?
We are closing in on the point in the PS2's life where it dropped by $100. That was pretty much Sony twisting the dagger. The PS2 had already sold more than the GameCube and Xbox ever would.

GobFather

We are closing in on the point in the PS2's life where it dropped by $100. That was pretty much Sony twisting the dagger. The PS2 had already sold more than the GameCube and Xbox ever would.

$100 right now would be too much, I can't imagine the boost. But $50 around holidays, seems about right.

Batman month? Not ideal...

3 weeks later? I think almost a month is a large enough amount of time, especially since the genres are completely unrelated.

This date works for me. I play the Telltale games with my wife and younger brother by passing the controller around and this will be during his school break, so it suits me. I am hoping around 8-10ish hours with a good amount of replay value in different paths.

onQ123

One of the only true next gen console games,

Not trolling but most of the other games play just as they would have on Xbox 360 & PS3 but with better graphics.

Until Dawn , Tearaway Unfolded , Mario Maker are the games that I see as being true next gen console games.

Lingitiz

One of the only true next gen console games,

Not trolling but most of the other games play just as they would have on Xbox 360 & PS3 but with better graphics.

Until Dawn , Tearaway Unfolded , Mario Maker are the games that I see as being true next gen console games.
So... reworks of a PSMOve and Vita game?

Lol I'm partially kidding but I think they will be food games that don't necessarily reinvent the wheel.

Until Dawn seems like a good popcorn slasher-horror setup so early summer is a good fit. Look forward to playing this with a group of friends where they vote on what I ought to do.

onQ123

So... reworks of a PSMOve and Vita game?

Lol I'm partially kidding but I think they will be food games that don't necessarily reinvent the wheel.

But as far as console games go they are the true next gen games that are not being played as if they are PS3 & Xbox 360 games.

Move wasn't a standard controller last gen & vita isn't a console.

Allforce

Pretty excited. Game looks like real fun, and good Youtube bait.

I wonder if they can allow for interactive twitch support. that would be super fun (for twitch)

Not calling you out in particular, but this kind of statement has to be the bane of publishers and developers across the industry.

"Looks great, can't wait to watch it on YouTube! Or stream it to thousands of non-paying customers!".

wapplew

But as far as console games go they are the true next gen games that are not being played as if they are PS3 & Xbox 360 games.

Move wasn't a standard controller last gen & vita isn't a console.

But Until dawn feel like a high production value telltale game...nothing wrong with that, but not so next gen, i think.

chadskin

Until Dawn seems like a good popcorn slasher-horror setup so early summer is a good fit. Look forward to playing this with a group of friends where they vote on what I ought to do.

Yup. Can't wait to play this with the girlfriend, going to be so much fun. Finally we can decide where she (the game's main character, that is) should hide and what she should do next instead of just yelling helplessly at the TV. :)

Jachaos

Yeah this seems like a nice game to play with the family or friends. Will likely pick it up, the PSX demo looked sweet.

Elandyll

Banned
Why are people so crazy about a price cut? Why would sony cut the price if it is still the best selling console in the world?

To maintain momentum, as you can bet that there will be another price cut for the competition toward the end of year.

Personally, I definitely could see a $299 price starting in September... And that would be in line with what happened with the PS2, which worked pretty well for Sony (even if it was a long time ago).

About UD... this is so weird.
I am really looking forward to play this with the wife, when normally I wouldn't really consider that kind of title (I guess the Gamescom demo did wonders to showcase the potential). June would be a great time to release, so I hope it's an actual date and not just a placeholder.

Man I am seriously hyped about this game. Production values look great and this time of game seems like it'd be incredibly entertaining to play with some friends in the room

Haven't really seen a slasher style horror game done in this way before, seems very fresh in a world of post apocalyptic survival horror zombie games.

chadskin

To maintain momentum, as you can bet that there will be another price cut for the competition toward the end of year.

Personally, I definitely could see a $299 price starting in September... And that would be in line with what happened with the PS2, which worked pretty well for Sony (even if it was a long time ago).

I believe Sony announced the most recent couple of PS3 price cuts at their gamescom press conferences which is at the end of August, so a price cut in September is not unlikely.

$299 is pretty steep of a cut though, I think we'll rather see a $349 PS4 for September and a $349 + AC Victory (if they get the marketing deal this time) or another high-profile October/November game for the holiday period.

De_Legend

Banned
I believe Sony announced the most recent couple of PS3 price cuts at their gamescom press conferences which is at the end of August, so a price cut in September is not unlikely.

$299 is pretty steep of a cut though, I think we'll rather see a $349 PS4 for September and a $349 + AC Victory (if they get the marketing deal this time) or another high-profile October/November game for the holiday period.

A 349$ bundle with Battlefront would be ideal, if the rumor is true.

ciD_Vain

Somehow I've never seen footage of gameplay until now and it looks really fun. i can definitely see this being really fun with a group of friends.

I expected a late July or mid-August release. This early though....hopefully I land the job tomorrow to help pay for all these games with all the new-home pains!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Somehow I've never seen footage of gameplay until now and it looks really fun. i can definitely see this being really fun with a group of friends.

It reminds me of heavy rain, but it's aware of the fact that it's straight camp. At least I hope it's aware of it. If that means tacky storylines, and cheap popup scares, I'm all for it

$349 is a bit meh for me personally, as a lot of $399 PS4 come with extras bundled already.

I think we will see a $299 PS4 by the end of the year and a bundle version with an AAA retail game for $349. MGSV? Battlefront? AC?

Anyway, back to topic, The psx demo pretty much sold me the game. I'm a sucker for a game with branching stories.

I hope that we would also get something like a new game plus after finishing the game once, in which we could play as the killer. That would be awesome.

TomShoe

Banned
Given the frosty reception that The Order got, it does not bode well for UD.

Shame cinematic is such a dirty word nowadays.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Different situations entirely. Everyone knows Until Dawn is a choose your own adventure style affair and they're ok with that. Folks were hoping The Order was going to be a Gears level shooter.

Pennywise

How much more trustworthy is Amazon Germany compared to Amazon France or Italy, though...

As pointed out, it isn't just amazon.
Nearly every german online shop got the date, I even checked some austrian shops.

So unless they copied from each other, it's pretty much confirmed.

The Order and Until Dawn are two completely different genres and launches.

Everyone knows what they are getting with Until Dawn.

Top Bottom